Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police pull u over efem; how would u react?

Police pull u over efem; how would u react?

Here is the situation: Out efem, enjoying a few (too many) drinks at dinner. Stop by your fav shop for a 8pm shop efem. Enjoyable evening out in your best efem. You call it a night as you put that new purchase next to you in the car and drive home. On the drive home, while efem, the unexpected occurrs as you drive through that surprise 25 mph zone. Sirens, lights and shock!!!. In your gut you know the police are stopping you. You quickly pull into side street, parking lot, off the road and wait those 5 seconds that feel like 15 minutes as the policeman walks to the side of your car with that 1500 watt flash light. What do you do? Take your wig off before you stop? Quicly wipe off your lip stick? Try to get your license out of your purse before asked? Or do you stay efem risking the ire/questions of a male police officer? Show your male ID? Maybe the policeman asks for you to step out (in your still new heels and leg restaining dress) and do a sobriety test? Every light in the county blazing on you in full public view? (have you ever stood before the lights of a police car - they are dizzying) Do you imagine the police report? Do you start crying at the police station when they bring you in? Do you beg to get out of your dress, heels and wig?
    It happened last night to me......

I don't know what i do, what happened to you when the police pulled you over.
    Adrianne.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    All I have to say is: "Doh!"
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    You just have to "man up". They are trained to deal with people like us. No reason to sweat it. Get the tickets and move on.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Banned Read only
    I am so worried about ending up in jail wearing a dress that I NEVER drive when I have been drinking en femme.

If I ever got stopped for some traffic violation while dressed I would just pull over, be respectful and act like nothing is wrong. Believe me even in my small town I would not be the first guy in a dress they have ever seen.

I certainly would not be like the guy on Cops that would not pull over, kept going and going, finially after five cop cars surround him he stops but would not get out untill he had his makup off, they of course pulled him out and made a spectical of him...

He had not even been drinking, just blew through a light as it turned red. If he had just stopped he would have gotten a ticket and that would have been the end of it.

I still can not figure out why he was so worried taking off his makup before he stopped, he was fully dressed for goodness sakes.

I have been pulled over several times whilst out en femme, I always state my name as female and add also known as giving my male name. As long as you don't try to deny having a male name (unless legally changed). Always be honest and open with them.

On one occasion when I was pulled over The officer wanted to search me, in the uk a male officer can't search a female and vice versa. The officer in question had assumed I was a TS and had never been in that situation, and therefore didn't know what to do, he even asked if I wanted their doctor calling to the scene.

Also if you had been drinking alcohol you should't even get in your car and attempt to drive. That's asking for trouble and not just with the law.

Sue_donim
    Hugs Sue Donim

I think therefore I am.

Integrity (being true to you own values and beliefs) goes hand in hand
    with personal responsibility (accepting the consequences of your own
    actions).

I absolutely agree with Ashley. Police should be expected to treat us as citizens with rights even if we're enfemme. We will need our regular (male) driver's license and will probably hear a comment or two but it should not cause us to run away.

I dont want to sound harsh or anything but this is just how I feel. If you dont want to get put into a situation like that, Dont put Yourself in that situation. It is really simple. Dont break the law and you wont have to worry about winding up in jail.
    On the other thought, I personally know that the officers where I live treat people with respect as long as the officer is shown respect. My suggestion would be to NOT lie, give the officer the requested doncuments when asked. If you start throwing your wig off and digging in your purse it might be perseived as your looking for a weapon. Dont move around alot to give them an excuse to request backup. Dont argue. Tell the officer your real name and give them your real I.D. One thing I have heard of is a card made up to give with you drivers license that explains why you are dressed the way you are and that you would ask to be treated with the same dignaty and respect as any one else.
    Be respectfull, Dont Lie, Dont argue.

You're saying you were taken to jail? Because you were DUI, I presume? So what happened next?

Ive been stopped at a few check points over this year and every time i was in fem attire they where polite and curtius to me they asked if if i was drinking i said no and they let me pass. just be polite as well dont panick !!! police oficers have seen more than most of us have in a life time.But my rule has always been i do not drink while going out xxxxx

how to act when stopped by a cop: normal

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd
    I am so worried about ending up in jail wearing a dress that I NEVER drive when I have been drinking en femme.

If I ever got stopped for some traffic violation while dressed I would just pull over, be respectful and act like nothing is wrong. Believe me even in my small town I would not be the first guy in a dress they have ever seen.
    I agree. I have been stopped a couple of times while en femme, but always sober.

The last time was for illegal lane usage, no big deal. The cop just called me Ma'am and asked for the usual documents, looked at them, told me to be more careful and never mentioned or asked about the male name on the license. Just don't panic, don't remove wig or makeup. Just act natural and respectful. There is no need to even explain or make excuses about why you are en femme.

Now if you are drunk, I would say you have more problems than being caught in a dress...... I agree with others who earlier commented on not drinking and driving...

My two cents.

Joanie

I have also worried about this too.
    I dont drink so i do not need to worry about that.

But i am now extra carefull while driving.

If i do get stopped i will give the officer what he needs
    and be as respectfull as possible.

Just remember they are only doing their job.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Most police department these days are trained to deal with TG folks just like anyone else -- although there's undoubtedly the occasional rogue cop.

However if you're DUI, then they're going to take you to jail and the inmates are likely to be less enlightened. One more reason to control your drinking if you're gonna drive.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

The simple matter of fact is that you should NEVER drink and drive whether in drab or en femme. I don't, as you are not only endangering your own safety but innocent members of the public too.

The times when I drive en femme I always take a "boy bag" with me so if I break down I can change back whilst waiting for help. Have never been stopped by the police yet but will have to front it out if and when I do.

To be perfectly honest I am quite apalled that drink-driving is even being discussed in this thread. A good friend of mine was knocked down once by a drink-driver so I am fairly passionate about this.

Gemma xx
    Last edited by Gemma Rhodes; 12-16-2005 at 04:19 AM.

I was pulled over last November, and also Feburary this year. Both times for speeding. No tickets either time. I kinda go numb, and actually almost get calmer than normal. I was looking pretty hot, though , maybe that helped, giggle. Oh yes, I don't drink, and that's often what they are looking for.

I was pulled over my first time out as Michelle. I had taken my wig off earlier and put on regular shoes to drive in. I had to do a sobriety test, and the whole nine yards. Needless to say I was mortified, imagining the worst, but I was honost with the officer. I didn't even get a ticket. The experience just made never want to drive as Michelle again

Platinum Member
    i was stopped just this past summer and yes i was like omg but i have to say the police offcer was real nice and let me go true my heart was pounding ...
    see my thread abought it .....http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13054

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    I know a lot of police officers. They all just want to do their jobs with the minimum of problems. But when faced with a problem, they will do whatever is required in the situation.

So, if you're not doing anything wrong, they won't bother you. But if you were doing something wrong, own up to it, be honest and polite and it probably won't be that bad. The police have never stopped me while I was driving en-femme. I am especially diligent to avoid any traffic infraction. If I did get stopped, I'd show my real ID, explain the situation, accept my ticket, and then have my attorney handle it; basically the same as if I would have been stopped wearing my usual clothes.

DWI is a "special" driving offense in most states. You will be taken to the station house. You will probably be put into jail. Someone will have to come and get you. You won't be in the closet anymore. Driving after having a few drinks is stupidly irresponsible; someone could have been hurt or killed. Driving after having a few drinks while en-femme is so blindingly stupid that words fail to describe it. I'd say you were very fortunate and extremely lucky.

Regards
    Christina Nicole

Cool and calm on the outside, but like a scared rabbit on the inside. LOL

between the x and y chromosone, Melb. Aust

Dont worry

The same thing happened to me a few years back (i was just over the limit because i skipped dinner-beware of that one). I had a change of clothes in the car which i was allowed to change into and managed to get most of my makeup off in the police car so it wasnt too bad. The police were very nice and seemed to go out of their way to be politically correct it was kind of funny. I eventually received a good behaviour bond from the judge and my attire was never mentioned in court - i think judges are secretly supportive anyway i mean they wear wigs and gowns everyday!!!!!!
    A fool and his money are soon................hey where's my wallet?????

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley in Jersey
    You just have to "man up". They are trained to deal with people like us. No reason to sweat it. Get the tickets and move on.
    I can agree here, When I went through police training, we are taught to treat everyone the same regardless of apperance. There isn't much they haven't seen. The smallest person in the world can be the biggest problem for a cop. Be respectful and they will too. Be agressive and they will take you down. A threat is a threat in any situation. A person drinking and driving, or a dog strapped with C4 moving through a vilage in Vietnam. I'm sorry to hear you were busted, hope this work out. Best wishes.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Quote Originally Posted by hotxbuns
    The police were very nice and seemed to go out of their way to be politically correct it was kind of funny.
    I don't think any occurance of drink driving can be called "kind of funny".

Having known someone involved in an accident with a drunk driver I am amazed at the flippant "so what" attitude of some of the posts on here. The sooner people realise that even the smallest amount of alcohol can effect your thinking and reaction time the better and the sooner we have a "zero" tolerance limit the better.

Gemma xx
    Last edited by Gemma Rhodes; 12-16-2005 at 11:03 AM.

between the x and y chromosone, Melb. Aust
    Gemma if you are going to quote me then dont take it out of context, i said that the way the police behaved when pulling me over that was kind of funny. I do not condone drink driving in any degree and in normal circumstances i would have been well under the limit for driving but as i said i did not eat beforehand and believed i was under the limit which is 0.05 in Victoria. This post was about what should you do if you are pulled over and not about whether drink driving is ok btw do you realise using your mobile phone whilst driving is equivalent to being twice the legal limit in some road tests so dont do this either.
    A fool and his money are soon................hey where's my wallet?????

Silver Member

legal advice

I'm not only a TG/CD but am also a lawyer with many years experience--first of all don't drink and drive--either dressed or not---and just a hint--a drunk T-Girl looses that sensuality that most of us strive to achieve--My memory goes back a few years ago to a really drunk cd in a bar I was in who insisited of lifting her skirt and showing her "package" to the rest of us--not the way to get anybody interested---If you do get stopped for DUI or anything else--just pull over immediatly, don't give the officer a hard time---show him your license, registration, and proof of insurance, The chances are real good that if he is stopping you for a minor infraction there won't be a problem at all---the police in most places deal with T-Girls on a fairly regular basis and deal with us like anybody else. If you get arrested for DUI you are entitled to bail, usually on your own recogizance, (a simple promise to appear in court) and will be released after you have been booked and charged---do not--repeat---do not get in your car to drive home--you will be arrested and charged with a second offense.---If you are too embarassed to call a friend or a relative to give you a ride--take a cab--if you are too far away from your home to take a cab--do what I do when I go on road trips over 10 miles from my house---take an overnight bag with male clothes and makeup remover---then call a friend or a relative--just a cautionary note---while most police wont give us a hard time because we are T-Girls, most won't give us a pass on misbehaving---your best bet is to act like a Lady, with a capital L---that will go a long way to keeping you out of trouble. Good Luck--Janessa

Don't drink and drive, the rest is much less of a crime.
    Fiona
    xx
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love