new job

yea

i got a new job at the home depot
    here in bellevue...and i'm on nights
    wen-sun grave yard so my transition
    should go fairly unnoticed also i asked my
    boss if i could cross train into paint department
    and frontend cashiering so i can slip right into
    a more feminine job with out actually looking for a new job.

Platinum Member
    have you given your new employer a "heads up"? If you're looking to do this under the radar, it might not be so well received. Maybe the first step should be checking on Home Depot's personnel policies. If you're going to need this job for a while, make sure you're passed the probationary period before starting to come out.

Banned Read only
    Washington State law protect all gays, lesbians and transgenders in employment. That being said, if a supervisor wants to get rid of someone in a probationary period, it may be difficult to file a suit if there is no overt anti-transgender act. I wouldn't push any transgender issue while in a probationary period.

my roommate just started a class action law suit against home depot
    because they don't offer insurance for transgendered people and surgery
    as you know is vary Expensive even if you have insurance but with out
    it would take a vary long time to save up the money for all of the surgeries
    so hopefully she wins and the state forces home depot to offer it!!!

Remember these four words..... at will no cause.... Unless you're in a union, the employer can dump you for any reason or for no reason.

Stay safe, stay employed...

Renne.....

Depends on which state you are in - you are correct for many, but there are those that have a right to work law which stops that
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 05-15-2013 at 07:31 AM. Reason: No reason to quote the previous post

Quote Originally Posted by lucidique View Post
    my roommate just started a class action law suit against home depot
    because they don't offer insurance for transgendered people and surgery
    as you know is vary Expensive even if you have insurance but with out
    it would take a vary long time to save up the money for all of the surgeries
    Wouldn't it be easier to find an employer who offers that insurance?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

You have started a new job.
    Everyone has instructed you in legalise, your friend is taking a class action, Renee gave you these four words to consider, these four words..... at will no cause....

I give you a warning if you want to stay employed.....
    Stay cool for a while and.........

DON'T rock the boat.
    Am I making it clear to you?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This all sounds strange. You get a job at Home Depot, and then want a more feminine job. What is a more feminine job? One that requires less physical work?

Transitioning and training in a new department gives "cross-training" a new meaning. haha

Not all insurance plans offer coverage for EVERYTHING. If they did, premiums would make them unaffordable. No such thing as a free lunch. Somebody has to pay, and some people think it should always be somebody else who pays for what I want.

Platinum Member
    I am very supportive of universal health care, but a bit skeptical of the notion of taking a job, then suing the employer for not providing SRS.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Transitioning and training in a new department gives "cross-training" a new meaning. haha
    Good one, Nicole Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I am very supportive of universal health care, but a bit skeptical of the notion of taking a job, then suing the employer for not providing SRS.
    The fear of ending up in court is part of the reason some employers are hesitant to hire minorities, gay and lesbians, even women. Yes there are anti discrimination laws, but it's hard in most cases to prove that you were not hired because of one of the above.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    The fear of ending up in court is part of the reason some employers are hesitant to hire minorities, gay and lesbians, even women. Yes there are anti discrimination laws, but it's hard in most cases to prove that you were not hired because of one of the above.
    It sounds like you are talking about conservative offices. If someone had an issue with hiring minorities, gays, etc. I would rather not work for them in the first place even if I was a straight, white male.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by lucidique View Post
    Right. Good luck with that. My thoughts on this? It ain't gonna happen.