Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living as a Woman for a week

Living as a Woman for a week

So I am going to live as a woman for a week. I have several activities lined up to do that week already, but I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to activities I should do that week. This is a one in a lifetime week and I will probably never be able to this again.

Activities:
    Bridal photoshoot
    Boudoir photoshoot
    Going out to a restaurant
    Going clubbing with friends
    Exercising (going running)

Any others?
    One Week as XX - A Research Project - http://oneweekasxx.wordpress.com/

What about going out shopping. Should be fun to see how the S/A's relate you enfemme!!

getting your nails done?

Cleaning the house. Going grocery shopping. Working for a male boss who thinks he is king. Go get a physical. Try to get some construction workers to do what you want and answer your questions. Bit tongue in cheek, but they reflect some episodes of what my wife has dealt with. Actually, hope you have a great week!!

How about the obvious? - Go on a date with a man.

You want to live as a woman, right?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Saturday dress shopping with a group of GG's
    Try buying a car and talking technical with a used car rep.....That can be a doozy

All they think of is a pink sewing machine when what you want is a Black Cobra.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    It's only one week? If the goal is to research life as a woman, why not add some non-recreational activities like going to work, getting your teeth cleaned or having a well woman exam? Not sure what they'd do with the speculum...

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Cleaning the house. Going grocery shopping. Working for a male boss who thinks he is king. Go get a physical. Try to get some construction workers to do what you want and answer your questions. Bit tongue in cheek, but they reflect some episodes of what my wife has dealt with. Actually, hope you have a great week!!
    No, that shouldn't have been tongue-in-cheek, you were right on the money Laura.

This entire exercise seems really disingenuous, especially when reviewed in the context of OP's blog.

The blog comes across as your everyday male, an average "dude's dude", engaging in some sort of "social experiment". Yet the (limited) posting history here pretty much reveals a crossdresser with a thing for bridal. That's all good and fine but why not come clean about that in the blog? Oh, I see...this is a way of not owning who you are while trying to maintain some semblance of street-cred as a male.

I'm just not buying it. This really isn't any different than any other concocted story some use to "excuse" their behavior and/or activities which SA's see right though. It's just more elaborate of a story that has nothing to do with living as a woman for a week. Some women might go a lifetime without shopping for a wedding dress, let alone doing a boudoir photo shoot.

BTW, the woman shopping for the wedding dress eventually buys one. Are you prepared to do so or are we wasting the SA's time as well???
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 05-14-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

A lot depends on what you want out of your week long vacation. I get bored going shopping etc... so what I would do is live your male life as a female. ...I don't mean suddenly show up as a female, but do some the activities you normally enjoy. So, if you do sports, cycling, jogging, etc. do those dressed. I tried cycling in a female skin tight spandex outfit and experience is incredible. If you can, find a close female friend to join you. Doing it on your own is fine, but if you can get someone to act as a coach and share in the experience even better. If you really plan to 'be' female for a week (too bad its not a whole month), then do some preparations the week before or on the very first day. Get waxed head to toe so you -could- wear a bikini and even out any tan lines. Get long hair extensions/hair pieces installed instead of a wig and have your hair cut and colored. Get your eyebrows shaped (go for thinner rather than the bushy style that's popular now to be more convincing), pluck all of your facial hair, get multiple ear piercings, prepare the required shape wear such as hip padding, forms and waist control. Get the proper outer wear, jackets, clothes, shoes, boots, jewelry... learn to walk, talk, act female. ...then after all the preparations, you can start your week as a woman... I think its going to take way more than 1 week just to get prepared, but you should do everything (except maybe the hair extensions and nails) before so that you can immediately jump in to your role as a female. The things you mentioned, photo shoot etc, often require planning ...you want to spend your time enjoying your week, not wishing you had time to get ready. Personally, I found doing a week enfem almost impossible if you are living at home unless you're okay with neighbors seeing you and don't mind surprise visitors, but I would rent an apartment for the week and show up on day one as your female self... that would be an adventure.
    Chickie

While a bridal and boudoir photo shoot may be very feminine in nature I have a very difficult time believing that very many women actually ever take part in boudoir photo shoot, bridal photos yes, boudoir photos no.

This project seems more centered around a week as a soon to be bride than a week as a woman. As for the statement “Anything a woman does, I will do” (taken from your blog), let’s be real, we all know that just isn’t going to happen. There is an entire list of things that you just won’t be physically equipped to do that women do routinely. There are also emotional aspects of what a woman feels leading up to her wedding that you won’t be able to experience, even if you could find a man willing to play the part of the prospective groom for the week.

I’ve had the opportunity on a couple occasions to enjoy an extended dressing period, and I found that it is a lot of work, and it can get tedious rather quickly. The literature that comes with most breast forms says that you shouldn’t wear them while sleeping – they can rupture if too much pressure is applied. Shaving in the morning is a definite turnoff, I don’t know of many women who get up and shave. Then there is the task of showering in the late afternoon, partially to get the makeup off so you can shave again and look presentable before reapplying makeup for the evening – which you will probably want to remove before going to bed as makeup makes a mess on pillowcases. Besides, the makeup tends to get smeared and false eyelashes ruined. False eyelashes can be worn more than once but they are a bear to clean.

You wrote extensively about the wedding dress on your blog, but what about all the other clothes you will need during that week. Maybe a couple of casual dresses, one for daytime and one for evening, some assorted tops, assorted shoes (heels, flats, sandals, and you mentioned running), and how about capries, shorts, women’s jeans, and a running outfit. Don’t forget lingerie, a dozen or so panties, several bras, and a couple nightgowns.

On the first day you should definitely go for a manicure and pedicure and if your nails look like the typical male nails I would suggest getting acrylic nails for your hands. Keep the nails reasonable, just a bit longer than your fingers, that way they look feminine but they won’t drive you crazy, and they won’t break as easily. You could also get your waxing done at the same time and don’t forget the bikini area.

Find a willing GG and go to a mall shopping, a great time to buy some of the clothes you’ll need for the rest of the week not to mention the bras and panties you’ll need. Remember to try on everything before you buy – returning things is such a pain. This might be a good time to buy some jewelry; things like earrings, necklaces, bracelets and/or bangles, maybe a few inexpensive rings. Then stop by the cosmetics department because you’ll need makeup for the week and the right color foundation is very important. Get some makeup sponges and brushes too and some makeup remover suitable for around the eyes. Don’t forget to stop by the food court for lunch. If you haven’t already gotten a purse or two you’ll need to get those too; at least a shoulder bag to carry things in and maybe a clutch for evenings. The bag needs to be big enough to carry a wallet, cell phone, makeup (lipstick and a compact with pressed powder and mirror), maybe a hairbrush, small package of tissue papers, keys, cigarettes if you smoke, and you’ll find a few other things. After the week you’ll miss that purse.
    Babs

even wanting to a woman for much longer than just one week. i need a lot more fuz removed befor this can happen as the very close shaving gets my skin so raw. have to let it "relax" for a couple four days every couple weeks..

to be a woman for a week first look and act the part. then just go out and do your life but in a skirt.

but shopping never gets old...just i tend to run out of cash way too fast and the cc's are not usable right now. the computers keep saying "declined" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    .......This entire exercise seems really disingenuous, especially when reviewed in the context of OP's blog. .......................
    I agree. The activities in the original post aren't what the average, normal woman would be doing. The average woman would be working five days a week or staying home caring for children (seven days). She would be cooking meals and cleaning house. She would be shopping for groceries and household supplies. She might meet friends at a restaurant once during that week or she might go out to dinner with her husband or on a date with a man. She would probably have sex with her husband or boyfriend one or more times during that week. The average woman's week would be no more exciting than the average man's week. If this were truly a scientific project, a lot more thought would have gone into it.

I'm waiting for the OP to come back and comment, but so far - nothing.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Do whatever it is you feel you want to do...and have some fun....your list sounds like a blast to me...

Get called out of work, cause your child is barfing in school. Said child then barfs in your car. They NEVER call a man at work to say come pick up your child.
    Dye your hair at home. It comes out yellow, and the salon is closed cause it's monday.
    Get touched by a stranger on the subway.
    Last edited by Sandra; 05-15-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Sorry but that is not allowed

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    Get called out of work, cause your child is barfing in school. Said child then barfs in your car. They NEVER call a man at work to say come pick up your child.
    To be fair, they call us second. And I have both received and responded to the call, on several occasions.

Lindsay, those are all nice things to do. Have fun doing them. But they are all activities that you have control over. Wanna live like a woman for a week...a month...a year? You first better realize that as a woman you have very little control over anything. Not over your body, no matter what you do it seems to have a mind of its own. Not over the tv, the guy in the house is still gonna change the channel to a program he wants to watch irregardless of you telling him you wanted to view the latest episode of "Army Wives". No one is gonna help you consistently with the housework, the laundry or changing the baby. It's all on you. Doesn't matter if you work outside the home or not. Life isn't gonna give you the time to put on your makeup,fix your hair or put on the most flattering outfit. Mostly life is a come as you are affair.
    I'm not trying to burst your bubble or rain on your parade. Please have a wonderful time living for a week in what your perception of "living as a woman is." Most men will never really understand.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Aspiring Member
    How about going a year as any TS is required in the Real Life Test? I'd bet month number 2 would become a real deal breaker. "Enjoy" the condescending attitudes, possibly lower pay depending on what you do, maybe some ridicule, maybe being attacked, etc.. Being a woman is a lot more than dressing up and feeling pretty.

Cheryl

Several years ago, my cd friend and I spent a week on vacation as a couple of girls at Geneva-on-the-lake, OH. We just went out daily and did what any vacationer would do, ie, went site-seeing, antiquing, did lunch, toured wineries, did dinner in the evenings. We stayed at a b & b that had little cottages. We each had our own cottage.

Not a whole lot of dressing up to the nines. Spent most of the time dressed as any vacationer would dress--shorts, t-shirt and sandals.

By the end of the week, I was saturated and was glad to change back to a guy.

Jodi

Aspiring Member
    Jodi, you make a great point. If my hair was just as natural as a woman's, well, that is how I'd wear it. But I get tired too of wearing a wig and sometimes can't wait to take it off. As far as being dressed, I look at my wife who wears jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers to work just as I am doing now. Yes we're both wearing earrings in our pierced ears today. I go for comfort. The feeling of being a woman comes from inside. It doesn't necessarily reflect in how I'm packaged.

Cheryl

Go shopping, buy gas, take a walk in the park.
    Don't limit yourself to "special" activities, enjoy the everyday, the mundane, just like everyone else. It's all part of living and part of being out in the world.
    That's just what I did when we took a week long vacation about a year ago.
    We didn't do lots of special things, but the routine things became special because even they were things that I hadn't done before.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Go to the beach or a community pool. Get your hair done. Go to the theater with a friend. Join a women's organization. Attend a fashion show. Have a picnic in the park with friends. Buy an especially pretty neglige. And, of course, shop, shop, shop.

Lindsay. It sounds like you're going off on vacation. Enjoy. You can't duplicate everything that a woman endures or enjoys, but the things you've listed in the post sound like fun.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This sounds like a time to be on vacation: museums, aquaria, concerts, shopping, dining, clubs, dancing...

Have a terrific week!

Wow, thanks for the responses.

I think Julia Marie and suchacutie nailed what this project really is, a vacation. The limited posting history could be misconstrued as favoring a fetish, but in truth I was only trying to get 10 posts done at the time.

"I have received some feedback and criticism recently regarding the blog and I determined that I really need to provide more background as to the motivations behind my project.

This feedback occurred because 1) I never blogged before in my life, 2) I forgot who would be reading this blog and 3) I made assumptions on people's perceptions.

I am glad I don't depend on writing as part of my job otherwise I would be screwed. I think what I did wrong was to start writing Chapter 2 and 3 before I wrote Chapter 1, which I mistakenly assumed people already understood. So let me see if I can set straight a couple of things:

Some people have questioned whether I am a crossdresser and the answer really is that it is complicated. I have spent a good portion of the last few days pondering how to define what I am.

The fact that I am actively dressing up for a week pretty much defines what I am doing as crossdressing. It is the easiest explanation and when I was organizing this project with people who were helping, I referred to myself as that. The complicating factor is that I have not approached this as a crossdressing experience, but as a project, kinda like an actor approaches a role in a movie. There are definite similarities, since I have been researching and prepping on this for over a year.

I definitely have a bit of OCD to my personality in which when an idea gets in my head, it does not leave easily. It drives me to want to find out the answer or find the perfect thingy that I am looking for. I know it drives some people in my life crazy. Maybe I am in denial, maybe I am not, but I'll let the reader draw their own conclusion as to how to define my personality.

I have additionally gotten feedback that my overall goals on this project are an unrealistic week's worth of activities for the average woman. They would be right, it really is not, but what really ended up happening is that the two big ideas for the project formed first and I decided to fill in the week around them. I guess what the week ends up being is a compression of some very feminine moments in a woman's life into a week. I realize that not every woman does all of these things I will do, but from my perspective, the two photoshoots are the highest expression of a woman's femininity and the rest of the week is filler. I have a crap load of regular stuff that needs to be done that week, but I intend to have some fun that week. Yes the shoots will be work, but they should fun as well.

Posting irregularity - I apologize for the tardiness in the documentation of the project as my workload increased significantly this past week and limited my time i would otherwise be able to post, with the end result is that it apparently looks like I have a fetish for wedding dresses. I would to assure you that that is not the case, that is just as far as I have blogged on the planning. More will be coming, I assure you.

Hopefully, this clears up some of the questions some of you might have regarding this project."
    Last edited by Lindsayw2013; 05-16-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    One Week as XX - A Research Project - http://oneweekasxx.wordpress.com/

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Lindsay, do realize that, from your typical CD's point of view, your week is going to be some serious wish-fulfillment. I for one would love to have a photoshoot done in a beautiful wedding gown!

I'm still of the opinion that, once you've tried being a lady, you may very well find you like it. In which case, you'll be back!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016