Thread: Feminine Giveaways

Feminine Giveaways

Last week my 10 year old daughter asked me why I sit like a woman. She has never seen a man sit the way I do apparently. I sit crossed legged and I do it in a very feminine way (we know the reasons behind that) I suppose. I'm sitting like that now but I am wearing a dress and heels.
    Does anyone else have a "tell" that if you did come out as cd people would think "oh, that's why he....."?

Not that I'm aware of. I suppose the pierced ears might be a hint. Or the clear nail polish. Neither of these are "CD" things, plenty of non CD men pierce their ears and/or wear clear nail polish.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    For me it's been physical things...certainly the way I sit, but that isn't a practiced thing, it just happens. Also, growing up I constantly told that I walked funny and threw a ball like a girl. I did my best to adopt an exaggerated male gait bu couldn't do much about how I throw.

Hi,

Some people knew what i was allso knew i was different, that was in the early 60's & later on some 12 years ago a male friend who knew Jos & i told Jos,
    what was it about myself that they saw in me that i was / am female , others were not surprised at all when they knew, when it went to Air,

Some times we dont see our selfs as others see us, yet some know more abouit ourselfs than we think.

I know i showed myself not as male how could i any way, did not know how, could not relate with men. fact is i rebelled against men tryed to keep away. yet had to train under them. that was hard, hated it to start with . perceived as a bloody he, just was not a he, yea i know i can take the mikky now, does not bother me then was different,

I spos the saying you can fool the many just not the few, i fooled no one,not really.

...noeleena...

I do sometimes sit and stand a bit like a girl when I'm in male mode although it's not really noticeable. I think the black nail polish and long straight hair would normally be a giveaway, but its pretty common for guys who like the same music as I do to have that
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

All my life, people have said that everything I do is 'girly'. That's why coming out is rarely a surprise to them.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    For me it's the other way around

Once we identified Tina and we started to understand who she is, it was possible to begin to separate the masculine from the feminine actions/thoughts/preferences. So, now I have separated my gendered selves much more than they were before, not only concious of being Tina after I've transformed to her, but very much being a guy when I transform to my male self!

Banned Read only
    None whatsoever. If any of my friends found out, it would take a week to get their jaws off the floor.

I have always had the ability to sit cross legged, I get sprung all the time with various comments.
    It was one such time that led me to get made up by a group of girls when I was about fifteen.
    It was so successful that it got repeated many times after school at a daily girls gathering.
    We would all do our homework together and then I would go home.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    No crossover here -- my guy and femme sides are completely separate ... although if you look closely, you might notice my eyelashes have gotten longer in the past year or so

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Thats part of the problem. Im thinking there may be alot of thing I do that may be noticable to others that I dont notice anymore because its just how I am. Sometimes I think about things but dont worry about it. For example my shaved legs, at times the way I walk, if you go to the gym watch the difference in the way men and women run, especially in how they hold their arms. At times I feel I may give off a female vibe but no on has confronted me on it so I just go with it.
    Erica

I'm with Erica. I am a relatively late bloomer. Never had a clue, then bam! I was very good at denial and self delusion!

Anyway, the point is that as I become more and more comfortable and aware and accepting of the Emogene facet of my being, I am unconsciously beginning to make jestures, comments, assume poses, speak, etc. in a more feminine way without being aware that I am doing it regardless of my then outward appearance.

I suspect that, on some level, I am outing myself to the public with out conscious thought! As if anyone seeing my closet is fooled.

My wife and older son and a few others are already in on the "secret"; we all know how long secrets remain secrets after two or more people know it!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    People have said that to me too about the legs crossing thing but I see lots of guys cross their legs like a female.
    My mannerisms give me away a lot plus when I talk with someone I always ask how they are.Most guys I know don't do that.
    I do have a more female walk I realized that when I was a kid.Got teased a lot for that too.

I am effeminate - have always been. When i was in the army, i worked very hard to "masculinize" myself. When i left the Army, my natural feminine deportment came back. Even when in drab, i am feminine. No one is surprised that i dress as a woman - well mostly not.

a couple of weeks ago someone asked me if I was a lesbian. They thought I was a woman dressing as a man. Damn! I was dressed as a man.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Some of my friends in college used to say that I had a feminine walk...or certain mannerisms of mine are girly. It's nothing I've ever been conscious of, though

I've always crossed my legs in the style we label here as feminine but never really thought of it that way until after I started CDing. It was just a comfortable way to sit. I don't recall anyone else talking about the way I cross my legs either.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I have been told on numerous occasions that I write like a girl. Looking at my wife's handwriting, I have my doubts...lol

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

My "tell" according to one of my best friends...my voice when I'm really happy...

oh I don't know, the thin arched eyebrows, arylic nails with faint pink polish, the mascara, eyebrow pencil, light foundation and lip gloss, the shaved legs, ear rings, the feminine walk and the way i sit and mannerisms, that might be a dead giveaway.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    , i don't think so. I don't have pierced ears and can't cross my legs in a feminine way and at this point, I don't think I do much of anything that would indicate anything about my hobby. When I am dressed, I try to pay more attention to it all that. Any ideas that may help with the leg crossing issue?

I always sit cross legged. Always have, all my life. Never really gave it much thought on how I sit. Even when I'm my male self, I sit cross legged. Actually I find it more comfortable than sitting "like a man" does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola2876 View Post
    Last week my 10 year old daughter asked me why I sit like a woman. She has never seen a man sit the way I do apparently. I sit crossed legged and I do it in a very feminine way (we know the reasons behind that) I suppose. I'm sitting like that now but I am wearing a dress and heels.
    Does anyone else have a "tell" that if you did come out as cd people would think "oh, that's why he....."?
    I noticed this morning that among a few other men I had my legs crossed at the knee and the others crossed their legs like men (ankle on the knee). My body language in general goes from feminine to masculine, but neither is extreme.

I wear embroidered jeans (the whole leg, not just the pocket) and lace tops in man-mode. Nobody suspects a thing.