Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you go out in public?

because all birds dont like to live in cages... mainly validation
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Because I want to, I can and it was fun the first time and continues to be fun every time I go out.

Why?

Why Not???

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Platinum Member
    For all the reasons you've sited. It's fun to interact, it's boring being confined to home and I'm being true to myself.

Silver Member
    why do I go out dressed? Because I love the attention
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I have to go out dressed. The only guy clothes I have are for work. Everything else is for 'me' time. So I just get dressed, usually skirt, heels, blouse and head on out. Shopping for everything from groceries to clothes. Then there's the museum, the zoo, the art show, the mall, did I say shopping.... yea, I go because I don't grow food in the house...need to eat and shop....

Renne.....

Banned Read only
    I go out in public because it makes me happy.

I haven't really got a good answer to the question. Basically it's because I want to. All my experiences out and about so far have been strikingly positive (far more positive than I would have expected a priori).

Also, I more genuinely feel like a lady when someone treats me like a lady; a simple "ma'am" can affect how I feel for the whole day.

- Becky

Jules is her male side's twin sister. When dressed Jules is a living breathing girl who wants to experience all of life. And since the vast majority of life lies on the other side of the front door, she must open that door and step through it in order to experience herself in the context of the real world. To not go through that door, no matter how scary, is to denigh who she is. That is unacceptable!
    hugs, Jules

Banned Read only
    To educate them.

Because I want to spend time among other people ( I work 3rd shift) and it's also thrilling and exhilirating to feel the hair against my neck, the girls on my chest, the sweep of my skirt and the heels on my feet! I have an out of town trip for shopping planned for Friday (weekend begins) at 6am and can hardly wait!

Because it makes me happy and as Cheryl said it "feels like a sense of liberating freedom."

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I go out in public confidently to be social, to shop, to party, to eat, to experience, to learn. I go out to contribute my diversity to an already diverse world.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn
    Why do you go out in public? I find that life is much more fun when I am presenting as a woman!
    That’s it for me – everything is just more interesting and fun. For me, it has more to do with the fact that I’m doing something relatively taboo, unexpected, singular, and unique, and not a general feeling of being a woman. Presenting as a woman is always highly entertaining! It’s a challenge, of course, but I’m not in it for the challenge – I like to skirt convention, and I’ve been getting away with it all my life...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    because setting around the house all dolled up is boring as hell! for me.....
    yea what she said
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    "Why do you go out in public (or want to)"
    ummm...bcause staying indoors 24/7 is like...weird? n very much...loserville? esp in the like...warm sunny spring/summer time?

I used to got out shopping dressed almost all the time in Texas, so I can try clothes before I buy them. But doing that I can't hit on pretty women if I see them. Nowadays I don't like the male attention that I get, as sometimes I do attract men. So nowadays I'd only got out dressed if I was bored or if I needed to try stuff on before I buy it. Or if I didn't want to get that gay label as a guy shopping for women's clothes.

I go out in public because staying at home is like being locked in jail. Sucks big time!

Somebodys got to do it.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Becuase I refuse to have my existence as a human being locked away in some closet waiting for the opportunity to present itself. Waiting for it to be "safe". No way... I'm going out and living the way I want to live!
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Being dressed up and by yourself does not feel real. Going shopping, seeing a movie, having lunch with friends makes it real. Interacting with others and being treated like a lady makes me feel more like a lady. These times allow me to be myself and help me thru the times when I just have to be HIM. Being able to spend a little normal time as a woman helps keep me relaxed and sane (well as close to sane as I'm likely to get).
    Sally

I go out because the outside air feels so much better than that indoors. Plus, the feeling of the breeze blowing my skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by msrenee View Post
    love to be outside. Theres just something about being dressed up and being out.
    Everything seems much clearer and joyous.
    Plus its always nice to recieve compliments from complete strangers.
    Renee
    ,,,,, ditto ,,,
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

It has been fun reading the responses from all of you!
    Hugs, Carole

On the rare times i do go out, i prepare myself for , the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I go out to see if I'm doing everything right, and I guess I am, since I pass. That's the test.