Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you go out in public?

Why do you go out in public?

"Why do you go out in public (or want to)" is a question often asked by many people.
    I am sure that the answers vary greatly. I suspect that for many of us there is not just one answer.

For me, there are several answers. I enjoy looking like a woman, acting like a lady and being treated as a lady. I nearly always am treated better by clerks, wait-persons, etc. when en femme.

I suppose that one of the reasons is ego. If I find that if I think that I am looking good, I enjoy just being out with other people. It is always enjoyable to receive compliments.

Yesterday was such a day. Before meeting my "coffee buddy" for our weekly get-together I went to Target to get a few personal items. As I was checking out, the clerk complemented me on my nail polish. I thanked her and told her that it was new and also was not expensive.

Later I went to Trader Joe's to get a couple of things. As I was walking in one of the aisles a young man (younger than I am, anyway) remarked how he really liked my yellow skirt. He thought that it was such a great spring time color.

I also have had many situations when in various stores where employees (frequently men - grin) approach me and ask if they can help me. This rarely happens to me when I am in male mode.

I find that life is much more fun when I am presenting as a woman!
    Hugs, Carole

Dang, another one of those questions that I don't have a clue about! Sort of like, why do I crossdress? Hope someone can give me a clue.

But as scary as it is, it is fun, exciting, enjoyable and, of course, the shopping is great!

Probably because I find it easier to buy lingerie in female mode, and while I am out I might as well get the groceries, a can of motor oil,a set of drill bits, ......OOh! I like that skirt she is wearing, must see what they look like, then go home.

I go out in public out of necessity, irrespective of how I am dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Same here Beverly I just go out and do what I need to do.
    I do find people treat me better if I am presenting as a female.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-19-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Why go out in public? Because I can <(*-*v)
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

For me ... just like the mountain...because it's there!

It's just a natural expression of who I am. What better way to be part of the world...it's no fun being a hermit.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Tracii,
    It means I can feel the merchandise in the lingerie section with more confidence.
    When "undressed" I still feel a little self conscious.
    There are a lot less stares as a woman, and I can finger the bras for quality.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I rarely go out dressed except to be partially dressed going to my hair stylist. For me it feels like a sense of liberating freedom.

Cheryl

Validation and liberation are my main reasons, others reason are I love to show off, and I also love to scare folks by showing off my g*dawful looks.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Because there's like stuff out there that isn't in here.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I go out for all the same reasons that you mention Carole! The only other reason is that's all I have to wear!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I’m very odd, yes I am!
    I don’t go out dressed. I don’t need to go out dressed. I am happy as I am. I am Suzy. I am me.
    When I go out dressed as a man I am still me and I like me as I am.
    I have it easy as I don’t have to worry about it. It’s a breeze. It’s all I want. It’s all I need.
    I have great admiration for the members that go out dressed, but I have the easy road.

No wonder I smile a lot.

A happy Suzy.

All the best girls.

I hate to get all dressed up and nowhere to go. When I am dressed I feel good about myself and if I have an outfit that I think is nice I like to show it off. And of course all the other reasons above.

Kelley
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

because setting around the house all dolled up is boring as hell! for me.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    because setting around the house all dolled up is boring as hell! for me.....
    Same here. I like to go out so i go out. I like to dress and present as a woman, so i go out dressed as a woman.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Going outside the house is a human function and I am human. So i go out, either as me or as me. Simple.
    i just re read that first sentence and i sort of wonder does it mean that the toilet is outside, that i have notoilet inside or that I have no toiled at all ?
    ~Samm

I go out in public because i am who I am and I want the world to know. I go out because it is the natural thing for me to do.

I go out because i want to, and it feels great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

I just like to be out and about doing things I love

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Ummm, well this afternoon I had a doctor's appointment; and then I stopped to get some juice and check whether the beansprouts looked edible today; and then it was the bus over to pick up ink for my printer; then it was a stop for soup (and the washroom); followed by the bus to the pharmacy, which involved wondering over to the book store while I was waiting; after that a short bus ride home, carrying the 4L of milk i also bought; as I walked the few houses over from the stop, I had to stop to say hello to the neighbor's children (first time I've ever seen the 1-year old stand up).

Same kinds of reasons that anyone goes out.

(To answer a potential question: The neighbors have not given me any reason to all to think they might be uncomfortable with me stopping by in a skirt. If I see them out, I stop and talk to them, and if they see me out, they stop and talk to me.)

because the bar won't come to me. because my friends are all at the bar. because the cats get tired of seeing sitting around all depressed
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    "Oh yeah? Well who do you think does the sweeping up when those mountains drop in to visit you without even a By-Your-Leave? I'm exhausted! If you want some pantyhose, little 'Miss' Prophet, then you can go out and get some yourself!!"
    Last edited by sandra-leigh; 05-15-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Everyone wants to be Nice to a Pretty Lady !!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Why do I go out dressed - Joy of my transformation, stimulation, excitement, satisfaction, fulfilment of a need, expression of the other side of me, the ability to wear clothes like sleeveless tops that I can't as a male, to feel the breeze gently blowing my wig against my face and shoulders and ruffling my skirt, whole newish way of experiencing life from a different side.

I am accepted, complemented, form friendships that I wouldn't/couldn't form as male, gain respect for my presentation skills, am treated better more caringly. Deep down it is just 'right'.

Love to be outside. Theres just something about being dressed up and being out.
    Everything seems much clearer and joyous.
    Plus its always nice to recieve compliments from complete strangers.
    Renee