Thread: Excluded . . . .

Excluded . . . .

My wife is currently hosting a friends-get-together party out on our front porch. It's a fantastic evening for a party. The beer, wine, and champagne is flowing. Everyone is having a fantastic time, telling stories, and laughing it up.

Everyone is having fun, that is, except me.

The thing is, it's a "girls only" party, and I'm not invited.

In fact, I'm specifically excluded.

So I am sitting here inside my house before my laptop typing this stupid post as they live life up.

Of course, I knew this was coming, but it hurts more than I thought it would.

It sucks.

My dude body ****s me yet again . . . .

We need to have our own get together Anne.

You call up some of your girl friends and I will get mine and we'll have one hell of a grand time.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Hi Anne. Doesn't sound like fun. Any reason you can't head out and have a little fun of your own?

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Grin and bear it girl. Maybe, if your wife sees your discontentment you can convince her that she owes you on (or two or three depending on how much fun they really had). Sad faces and blackmail can be a potent ally in a girl's repertoire, and as a well practiced barrister, I know you can negotiate a settlement to your favor.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Wink

if it make you feel any better your cute
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Silver Member
    Beach chair, a bottle of chilled champagne, and curbside on a warm evening. Sounds like it has potential to me!
    Lea

I think if I ever found a partner who would exclude me I would marry them. It is the being included part that I hate.

I guess I'm fortunate in that I still bond with typical genetic males. I would simply go over to my male buddies and drink some beer with them and talk about cars.

However, I think it is absolutely rotten that your wife would exclude you from the party.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 05-16-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

When we lived in Ca Friday nights were when the guys met up in one or the others garages to drink beer, talk s**t and work on their motorcycles or cars. We girls were never formally excluded, but we knew we really weren't welcome... No big deal they need their space too. There are times when we don't want our SO's hanging around us either.
    As someone else mentioned.... Get together with your friends and party on! Then.... Get over it!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

That would seem normal if you weren't TG. But has it not occurred to her how this must make you feel? Have you discussed it with her? Or does she just need this time to herself with her friends?

Gold Member
    Yeah, time to find accepting friends, doesn't even have to be TG people.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    I think if I ever found a partner who would exclude me I would marry them. It is the being included part that I hate.
    You mean like you would not wanna hang out with the in-laws? The torture!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

We'll have our own girls only party - with blackjack AND hookers!

Platinum Member
    Sorry you're feeling excluded. Maybe later, talk with your wife and let her know how you felt. Of course, she has the perogative of including her girl friends in her party and excluding you, but she might choose differently on some future occassion.

A couple years ago, my wife and her work associates, all female, had a Christmas party together at one of the women's homes. I was pleasantly surprised when I was invited. By the end of the evening, one of the ladies offered me a compliment that I appreciated more than she could imagine..."you're just one of the girls". If she had known what I was wearing under my sweater she might have realized the full truth of her comment.

Poor thing....I can imagine how you felt......I hope today brings better spirits!

Though you feel rejection, I think people do this to get AWAY from their significant other, and I wouldn't take it too personally. I agree, find some girls of your own choosing and have your own girls only party.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My wife once had one of those Passion parties at our house. I stayed upstairs in the home office thinking it would be awesome just to slip downstairs and see what's going on, but I had the door cracked enough to hear some of it. I have to tell you, there are things in this world you wish you can un hear, and I am just glad I didn't get a visual of what some of them were talking about.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Anne ,

Please take this as a NCIS Denozo smack on the back of the head. You have to get a grip, Those are your wifes friends, you were not excluded because of your 'dude body'. I have NEVER met a married couple that one spouse or the other had a set of friend's who 'do luch' from time to time without the other spouse. Most spouses use that time to go do something they enjoy, go shopping, visit with their friends. You should be happy your wife has friends. When Jeannie gets together with her friends, I 'get lost' with my friends, either male or female . Try not to turn all things into a dude vs dudedet issue . Be happy your fife has friends she can talk to and unwind with. You may feel slighted, but lets face it people need a little space from time to time in a relationship.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Try not to fret, to your wife, you are her husband. And I'm sure the ladies with her know that. Women have girl time just like guys do. Even if you wanted to join as a girl it may not be in your wife's or her company's comfort zone. Have a drink, watch a movie, or go to the gym or whatever you do, but relax.

Mmmuah,
    Ashlyn