Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bra

Tiffanythecd2002 tiffanythecd2001's Avatar
    Or you could always say you had chest surgery and need the support for up front , but if your wearing a bra then you have to get used to it and just accept it and go on with life

Banned Read only
    Before you start wearing the bra, you should tell the guy (politely and non confrontational) that you don't care for pats on the back and he should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    If you are not ready for others to know you are wearing a bra then do not wear one outside of the house. If you are wearing one the chances are very high someone will notice it without even touching you. It is pretty easy to tell even with a baggy shirt on.
    In my world someone would notice and my life is so much easier not having to explain, although sometimes I do wear a bra out and about, but usually in colder weather. Layers do help and the bra feeling is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanythecd2001 View Post
    Or you could always say you had chest surgery and need the support for up front , but if your wearing a bra then you have to get used to it and just accept it and go on with life
    There are people who wear garments and devices for various medical reasons, but nobody should feel obligated to explain them to anyone. If someone were so impolite as to ask about any of them one should say "I'm sorry, but you're prying into a private medical matter that I do not wish to discuss."
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    Spot on answer Eryn! It's no one's business.

I'd like to add something I learned in Human Resources training and harassment. When an employee feels harassed or is touched in uncomfortable ways, the usual steps to take are as follows:

First time it happens----the response is, "Please don't do or say that because I feel offended." (Or similar words.) Nip it in the bud otherwise you're condoning the action.

Second time----"I told you on (date) that I feel offended or uncomortable when you say or do that. If it continues, I'll have to report it, even though I DO NOT want to because I don't want to cause problems for you."

Third time, report it to HR. They will necessarily have to follow up and speak with the person with possible disciplinary action. Be sure to document including dates and times. Choose your words carefully and politely in the beginning.

I'm offering this in the context of the workplace but the dialogue can be adapted to almost any other situation.

Cheryl
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 05-19-2013 at 02:54 PM.