Thread: Amusing lunchtime shopping encounter...

Smile Amusing lunchtime shopping encounter...

So, a little stressed at work today and decided to take a long lunch and just unwind a bit. On my way back to work I just happened to pass a small show store and decided to go take a look. What better stress relief, right.
    I walk in and the gentleman, very large gentleman, behind the counter welcomes me.
    I browse a bit and find to my amazement a very small selection of 12w ladies shoes. Even more to my amazement are the pair of black heels I have been looking for and a really cute pair of brown pumps. They both fit great so I grab them and head to the counter. I
    I hand my selections to the gentleman; he smiles and asks if I found everything. I say yes. Then he looks at my purchase. There is a very obvious pause. He looks at me and says, "So did you catch the baseball game last night?"
    And proceeds to ring me up without a hitch.

I can only imagine what he was thinking during that brief pause.

Anyway, the whole thing made me smile and with two new pair of shoes it is bound. Be a much better afternoon.

Shelby

He was probably thinking 1- this is a good sale for me. 2 - I hope your friends find out about this place. 3 - There's no way I could get my foot in those shoes.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Shelby,
    If you weren't messing with his brain, he possibly would have thought about it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    I hand my selections to the gentleman; he smiles and asks if I found everything. I say yes. Then he looks at my purchase. There is a very obvious pause. He looks at me and says, "So did you catch the baseball game last night?"
    And proceeds to ring me up without a hitch.

I can only imagine what he was thinking during that brief pause.

Shelby
    Hi Shelby,

Analogous to the scene from Planes, Trains and Automobiles and the late, great John Candy. If you've seen the film, Neil awakes to find Del's hand allegedly between two pillows, with the ensuing conversation, Neal: See that Bears game last week? Del: Yeah. Hell of a game. Hell of a game.

Hope you enjoy those shoes!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Priceless lol and he still stayed professional and didn't question you about your purchases. Sure there was that moment but you came away from it unharmed and with two new pairs of heels I'd say that's a good day any day !
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

>reb... That's exactly what hit me... LOL

Now that I am home, the task is to see just how many outfits the shoes can go with. Pink Fog anyone???

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a wimp! How can anyone watch baseball when the NBA and NHL playoffs r going on?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Hmmm, funny how I never noticed that the hockey season even started, so seeing it end seems as much of a non-event And pro basketball is about the same..

Then there is the art of baseball....always a safe topic, and that's what he needed, a safe topic, it seems, if he were to stay professional. Makes me smile as well!

...should have responded...sorry, I'm not really in to that sort of thing... then you will hear crickets chirping.
    Chickie

Or, "Is that the game where you hit the little ball with the big stick?"