Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sorry................Heels Suck

Hi Victoria
    Besides the pain I'll bet you and Ashlyn had a blast. Wish I could have joined you but I'm a little far away and off the beaten path. At any rate I've ordered a pair of heels on Amazon and I think they were 5 or 5 1/2 " heels, o well, they were too sexy to pass up and they had my size. I'm probably going to be sorry but will have fun around here. Glad you got out and tell Ash I say hi next time you see her LOL, got to run.....
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

MysticLady. I feel your pain - really. I went out for what was my first fairly long walk in a resort area over the weekend. Wore my favorite wedge sandals. The heels were only a couple of inches but I did roll my ankle a couple of times on rough pavement, and ended up with a wicked calf cramp and blisters from the straps. I'll get some flats for the longer walks but I'm not giving up on those wedges. Hope you had fun outside of the pain.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady
    I'm Sorry................Heels Suck
    I agree. I wear flats ALL the time. I’ve never even attempted to wear heels of any height, simply because I get dizzy easily. To each her (or his) own, but I don’t understand the appeal of heels. Of course, I may be biased in this regard – if you’re male, and you happen to be perusing a glossy magazine with female erotic content, you will often see women wearing nothing but heels! I assume it’s supposed to make the legs, or feet, look better, but it just looks ridiculous to me. This opinion carries over to my own femme presentation. I’ll stick with the flats, thank you...

I often think that men's shoes are designed for men's comfort. Women's shoes are designed for men's enjoyment.
    As I am starting to get a little older, it is difficult to stay in heels for very long. Out to dinner for a couple hours is fine (if most of the time I'm seated) , but an hour at the mall would kill me.
    Stephanie

Valerie

Find a pair of 3" wedges and wear those around the house, out walking to build up the arch and toe mounds. Walking will strengthen the calf muscle and shin sheath.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Even day to day Lori can usually be found in heels of some kind. But on a Saturday night out it will always be heels. The higher the beter! I have no trouble walking in them. And I feel naked without them!

Each heel is different. I have 3 inch heels that kill my feet after a couple hours, but my boots have 4inch heels and I can wear them all weekend. Just have to find a good pair for you.

I'm Sorry................Heels Suck

These are fighting words in this part of the forum lol

I have never REALLY put my heels to the test but one time. I paid for it the next day as my legs were hurting for a couple of days afterwards but I have a lot of better, more comfortable, pairs now. plus they strengthened my legs and I am using muscles that I probably never would any other way. I'll stick to my heels
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Im still not used to wearing heels. last time i wore them i had such bad leg cramps that night. Love the way they look but ouch do they hurt.
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Mystic, first off, shoes under 4" should be considered flats. I've got man boots with 3" heels! Yuck!

I don't dress very often and I'm over 60. So, why don't I have more problems wearing heels? Because every day I do stretching excersizes. Including my achiles, calves, and feet. I often get cramps during excersizes. But, keep relaxing and titening until I finish my stretches.

Finally, if I'm wearing hi heels that look good but hurt like hell, I've come to expect that! I know my feet will heal in a week or less if I wear my comfy man flats!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    love stillettos but they are uncomfortable to walk/dance in---if you are going to be doing a lot of either, try kitten heels
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Hi Victoria, You must not have gotten the memo about that, No one ever said that being a lady was going to be EASY.

Sherry has it right anything less than 4" should be considered flats.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have bought a few four inchers and i've tried to wear them but we just are not compatible. Two inch and flats are great. I spent a lot on a pair of gorgeous 3" boots this winter in a weak moment but I am determined to wear em some winter day with a long skirt. I love that look.

Way to go, Victoria! Heels seem like a gorgeous torture, but then so is waxing, corsetry and other cool femme stuff!
    Glad you had a good time, and learned something new too
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

3 to 3.5" heels are my max. Had some 4 and 5's, but gave them away. Shattered both ankles in an accident years ago, and now they don't do well in the tall girls. I do love, love, love girly flats, though. Have all kinds with flowers, bows, and every flavor of bling possible.

I bought my first set of heels just a couple of months ago. On top of that, they were one size too small. The first time I put them on, I had them on for about five minutes and my feet hurt for about half an hour after. I thought I'd probably have to send them back. But in my size there were no other options in this style, and I mean -no- -other- -option-. So I kept them and wore them when dressing, practiced walking in them. And I put shoe trees in them to stretch them. After two months, they're quite comfortable, and I can walk in them fairly well, not that I've spent 10 hours in them. But I'm very happy I've kept them.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be picking up any 6" heels. I'd be taller than Shaq - literally.

Heels did suck at 1st for me, still kind of do a little but as for the baby heels i can do those no problem haha i did find a pair boots that i love that i affectionately dubbed my hooker boots to some of my close co-workers who know im trans Stiletto heel and while there so sexy i couldnt resist buying them which for me id never spent 50 dollars on shoes in my life but i died and had to have them they were the sexiest most awesome decently priced thing could find lol ranting anyways. but i love heels i seem to be attracted to higher heels which still kill my feet but i gotta keep trucking

It takes time to build up the muscle tone to wear very high heels. I usually wear 3 in, but do have some 5 in ones that I love to wear, but yes, after a given time they become less comfortable. I can dance all night in 3 in, only a while in taller.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Banned Read only
    Hi Everybody.

I feel much better now. Yes, this was a learning experience but I wouldn't have changed a thing. My first time out en femme was wonderful. I just loved the way I felt when I first stepped out of my truck w/ everybody there. I'm sure I flashed them since it's habit for me to get out in guy mode. I just don't remember since I was so excited that evening. Next time like I said, I'll be in flats and a summer dress because that way I'll be able to visit the other places in the vicinity and not hurt. I agree w/ the statement that Heels were designed for men's pleasure and not women's comfort. Luckily some women can wear them like nothing and therefore they give us a beautiful sight. I just love my heels and will wear them again but I will have a back up pair even if I have to take bunny slippers and wear them on the dance floor.

I am a flats gal through and through

You will find that it takes time to get used to heels, much like ice skates. If the shoes fit you well, they don't need to be uncomfortable. I have 3 or 4 favorite heels that I can wear for 10-12 hours with no problems. Most of my others start to get uncomfortable after a few hours or steady standing or walking. A good bet is Mary Jane styles. They have a wider heel so they are stable on multiple surfaces and the ankle strap keeps your feet from sliding around and getting friction burns on your soles. I don't always wear heels but I do love the look!
    Sally

Dr Scholls for heels they are a life saver!!!!!! But honestly you get used to them. Just practice at home etc. I'm sure you looked fab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]----Live....Laugh....Love------SO of Cassandra Lynn.

I'm sorry I don't know if its just me or if anyone else feels the same way but I always have heard from natal females that bras and heels and pantyhose suck, but I love them all maybe its just me because I feel like I have been robbed of these items experiences my whole life. I just recently started wearing bras and they take getting used to but I just think that the overall feeling of these items is amazing I can't describe the feeling I get.

Honey I'm a GG and go to a party school. I used to do out in crazy high heels and dance all night, now it's all flats and sandals or wedges!! Wedges are the most comfortable heel I've ever worn. I actually got my BF to buy him self a pair and he LOVES them! But don't feel bad we hate the feeling of heels after a while too, but if you wear them enough it pays off because your legs get crazy definition and you bootay looks AMAZING!! give it one more try, maybe in some wedges

Surprised that nobody on this thread has mentioned platform heels. The platform under the whole shoe lifts you one to two inches, then a 2 to 3 inch heel under that and you get the long-legged look that heels are all about, without the pain of a five-inch stiletto. I have arthritis in my feet and hands, but I can wear a wedge or a platform sandal all day no problem. Platforms are great!