Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sorry................Heels Suck

Banned Read only

I'm Sorry................Heels Suck

Hello All

Some of you may know that this past Saturday was my first time out en femme. Ashlyn and I went to a local scene and we had a blast. (Sorry, I had no camera and took no photos...DUH. I hope Ash took some) I drove, walked, stood and danced in 4 inch heels. I posted that thread earlier and got my heels on Friday. Now, I wish I hadn't. Ash was in 6 inch heels. Let me tell you...... my calves and feet hurt that night in bed. Now I understand why some GG's hate the silly things. But my heels are gorgeous and I'll wear them again. Next time I'm going in flats and a summer dress. I'll enjoy my femme time much more that way. How many of you can withstand that self torture() and not ache tremendously later. I guess I'm a wimp. Sorry.....
    Last edited by MysticLady; 05-20-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Victoria,
    You can look fabulous in three inch heels and feel no pain.
    I have seen some wearing a belt and wearing flats, carrying their heels looped around the belt of whatever they have on.
    Looks very inelegant, but practical.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I spent a good 10 hrs in heels on Saturday night. Mostly standing and moving about. By the end of the night they had carved a red ridge into my foot and it was quite swollen. A few of my GG mates commented they wished they could spend that long in heels. I was drinking, which helps make the pain disappear, but I love walking in heels. Doesnt matter how much my feet hurt it wont stop me!

Banned Read only
    That's great idea Beverly, I may try that. When your feet hurt, looking elegant is the last thing on my mind Thanks.

5" are good training for the lower heels like 3" you will walk like a lady with out even thinking about it.

i wish I could have been with you girls
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MssHyde View Post

i wish I could have been with you girls
    You would have had a blast. Fly down for the next one.......

When I hear someone say something like ''heels suck'', I say welcome to women hood!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My hair stylist used to look at my heels, corset, tattoos and piercings whenever I would walk in and say, "you really take the idea of 'beauty is pain' seriously, don't you?" It does get easier as you gain more practice in heels and find styles that are comfortable for you. That's why you need to buy a lot of shoes! The first long night out of the house with them is always a revelation, as you learn how much farther distances are outdoors and how many rough surfaces you encounter while out and about. I've been wearing heels whenever I could since I was twelve, and I'm just now getting to the point that I don't always pack a pair of backup sneakers when I go out for the evening. Practice is key!

But it sounds like you had a good time anyway, so maybe the pain was worth it.

- Diane

Banned Read only
    If that was the first time out en femme and in four inch heels, I'd say your legs hurt because they are no use to abuse. There's a world of difference in walking around the home (maybe) on carpet than dancing for a long period of time. The various leg muscles and tendons need time to acclimate to an unnatural stance. I would also go with the recommendation that three inch heels are probably a wiser choice for prolong dance floor action.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    The various leg muscles and tendons need time to acclimate to an unnatural stance.
    Let me tell you Stephanie , I can actually feel those babies . That's all I feel.
    I think I'm rubbing some Ben-Gay on my legs tonight. That's probably why I'm still up at this point. I'd be on my second set of dreams by now Ouch....mmmm

Aspiring Member
    There are a lot of ways to look more beautiful, none of them are comfortable

I agree, heels are not comfortable. They either bunch your feet up in the toe box, or cause your calves to be sore because they are contracted for a lot longer than we're used to. Stretching your calves afterwards helps, as well as ibuprofen. Were you in Austin or San Antonio?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by junetv View Post
    Were you in Austin or San Antonio?
    San Antonio....................Go Spurs..................Yay

They were having CD/TG weekend at the club Saturday night, so I wore my 1" pumps as I knew I would be dancing all night. I also had a Spring skirt outfit on that was just right.Needless to say, I had a great night. The wise woman listens to her body my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Good shoes make a huge difference.You may not need to get so tall..There are plenty of quality shoes that you can walk a mile in,if you have to,and not want to take them off. You'll learn!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I have never had problems with heels find them easier to wear than flats lol. Been at many a party and have lasted longer than all the gg in their heels lol

First, all women do not wear high heeled shoes and most who do wear 3" or less. You can wear cute flats or low heels and look just fine. It's hard for me to understand why so many crossdressers seem to be so hung up on outlandish high heels.

Second, don't buy a pair of new shoes, especially high heels, and then walk out the door expecting to wear them for several hours. Wear them for around the house an hour each day for a couple days, then two hours for a couple days, etc. It takes a while for your feet and leggs to get used to a new style of shoe.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Congrats for trying MysticLady. Arthritis prevents me wearing heels although I'd love to be able to. Flats do have the advantage of making a femme walk more natural. I recently purchased shoes with 2" heels - like 6" to athritic ankles. Some practice ahead of us both.

Aspiring Member
    How many of you can withstand that self torture() and not ache tremendously later.
    Me. But i wear them everyday for small amount of time while i clean house, there are muscles in the bottom of your feet and the back side of your calf that only get used when your foot is on an incline.

The reason i wear them a little everyday is to keep those muscles in tone and subjugated to my vanity.....not to mention balance training.

-Donni-

Hey Mystic you do realize since the Spurs won you have to be wearing the same thing and not change a routine. Can't take a chance on it the Grizzlies are tough. So take one for the team you n Ash should get tickets and go to the game enfemme I your exactly same attire. If they go into game seven my wife and I will be there on the first of June for the George Strait Last Concert Tour and she is begging me to stay thru the second of June to watch the Spurs. Bet tickets would be hard to get. Would try and meet you and Ashley but we will be with my two daughters and their husbands. We have a limo so we don't have to drive in the traffic from the motel to the concert and back to the motel, this country gal doesn't like traffic... Lol

Heels will take some time and practice. As others have stated, wear them often around the house to get them broken in and more comfortable. Also, I have found that some heels are far more comfortable than others. Quality shoes, while they may be more expensive, tend to feel much better.

The next thing to work on is you heeled posture, distribution and balance. If you walk like a guy in heels, not only does it look funny, but it also will cause you to have more pain. Hard to explain, but you need to walk like a GG. It helps a lot.

Drug stores sell "emergency shoes" in the foot section. They are flexible and designed to be carried in your purse. The last time I saw some, the package said something like "slip these on and keep on dancing."

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    The last time I saw some, the package said something like "slip these on and keep on dancing."
    Now I'm afraid they're talking my language. What's the new version of the phrase...Now, that's what Im talking about. For some reason Will Smith comes to mind

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never got the really high heel thing myself but do have some 4 in heels that aren't too bad if I have to wear them for a long period.

Throw a pair of ballet flats in your bag, change when you get there, change back to flats when you leave - like every other woman in NYC

Like Michelle arthritis has pretty much ended my spending time in heels. I still have a pair of 3” black pumps and on a good day during a good week I might get away with an hour or so before my knees scream surrender. I agree with Beverley in that a woman can look fabulous in 3” heels and it is amazing how much difference an inch can make. I never could wear 4” for very long but I could wear 3” heels for hours on end – might be one of the reasons I have a steel knee.

I worked in the IT Department of a large of a large Savings & Loan Corp., only then we were known as the Computer & Programming Department. Women made up about 40% of the work force and due to dress codes dresses skirts and suits (either pant suits or skirt suits) were called for. Most of the women felt that heels and stockings were called for when they had meetings with the heads of their client department. The 2” pumps outnumbered the 3” pumps probably 3 to 1 and literally all of the women that I worked with kept a few pair of comfortable flats, or low heeled shoes in their cubical. I only knew one woman that habitually wore heels all the time and she admitted that she even wore high heeled slippers around the house. She had worn heels full-time for so many years that it really hurt her to have to walk flat footed.

This is the same company that I went en femme to several company sponsored Halloween Parties, wearing heels of course. My immediate supervisor (female) came into my office and asked if in my quest to become female had I learned what just about every other female in the building knew – when sitting at your desk it is de rigueur to slip out of your pumps and give your feet a rest, besides stockinged feet felt really good on the carpeting.

I have to admit, and I may be one of the few on the forum who feels this way, but since high school I have thought that flats look sexy on girls. My problem is that I have one heck of a time finding a pair of flats that fit me. My toes are either bunched up and painful or I walk right out of them. My quest for a pair of flats has really increased now that I literally can’t wear heels.
    Babs