Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you’re a HAPPY crossdresser...

Complex Lolita...

If you’re a HAPPY crossdresser...

There’s not much to post about around here, is there? It seems to be all about breastforms, SO’s, therapists, and depression. What’s a boy/girl to do? Let’s see...

I'll start with breastforms, or breast forms, as my word processor insists on seeing it. I have some forms, but they aren’t the focus of my existence. I’m not wearing any right now. It’s HOT, and I’m trying to stay cool. Besides, tornados are coming – do I have to be shapely when the time comes? Being a boy, I like breasts, and it can be thrilling to approximate them in my femme presentation, but let’s not go overboard. I did dream about breasts last night, but not forms...

SO’s? I don’t have one, unless you can call my sister a significant other. She’s all I have at present, and I’m all that she has. We live at the tip of a branch of our family tree, and we are both sawing it off even as I’m typing this. She knows I dress, and she’s seen my stuff – she’s even read a few of my writings here at the crossdresser oasis, and she knows what it’s all about. We are mutually supportive, but we give each other plenty of space. I am free to be ME upstairs in the house we share (and own together), but we are merely siblings, thrown together by unforeseen circumstances. BTW, my sister, although on the same wavelength as her odd brother, is nonetheless uneasy about having a crossdresser in her midst, but she doesn’t poke into my affairs at all, i.e. nothing for me to write about...

As for therapists, I have no use for them, and I detest the word therapy. I was forced to undergo therapy for a speech disorder years ago, and this traumatized me into isolation. Oh, the people, mainly women, knew what they were doing, and my “problem” was easily identifiable, but the whole process made me feel defective. When everybody treated me as an equal, with no hint of therapy in the offing, I did OK, and I eventually emerged from my shell. In my mind, there is no need for therapists, and I have never encountered, nor wanted, a therapist to “help” my crossdressing “problem.” I love to crossdress, and it’s not a problem, any more than enjoying ice cream is a problem. Besides, I don’t trust so-called experts on crossdressing. People who think they’re part of the solution are often part of the problem, and that problem is intolerance...

I don’t get depressed. It’s not in my make-up. I have plenty to be depressed about, but I seem to see only good things, or possibilities, in the darkest of times. Oh, I can get a little depressed now and then, maybe for 5 minutes or so, but it quickly passes, and then I return to my ebullient self. The fact that I keep posting on this site is proof I don’t get too “down” about things. Others feel I live a charmed life, but this is how I want it to be, and life is what you make it. Depression has been woven into my life via contact with others. I had a girlfriend who suffered with depression, and, since part of my family history includes depression, I’ve come to see it as natural, or at least inevitable. However, depression is not part and parcel of my need (or urge) to crossdress. Quite the opposite, I’m here to say, and if I don’t have the opportunity to crossdress, I don’t get depressed about it. It WILL happen, and, in any event, I like to delay pleasure...

In my mind, crossdressing should be a happy thing, with personal happiness in mind, and not a sad, depressive thing that sends one scurrying to the nearest therapist. If you have a SO, and she doesn’t like what you’re doing, do it anyway – perhaps she is open to compromise. I know, it’s a hard thing to explain, especially when you’re wearing breastforms, but smiling will help...

Are you a HAPPY crossdresser?

This was written very quickly, as I nervously scanned the Kansas skies for approaching tornados, so don’t take it too seriously, OK?

I am one happy, happy, happy, cross dresser. I enjoy it and it has become a time when my wife and I can do things feminine together. Just last night we painted each others toes and giggled like silly gals. It could be depressing I guess if a tornado was coming guess I'd be getting the polish off in a hurry.... Nah think ill just leave it on. Would give every one something to talk about when I'm gone. Fredreique my thinking in life is just lighten up, enjoy what we have, and always give thanks for the small things in life. Family, friends, good times are what life is all about but remember to thank the right person up stairs for who we are. God loves us all. ....Jaylyn

Banned Read only
    Not sure if HAPPY is the most accurate choice of words...

What I can tell you is that I am not tortured by it, or feel guilty or ashamed in any way. Never have been. Or NEED to tell anyone. Or NEED to "share it" with anyone. Or NEED anyone or everyone to approve. I don't NEED to pass. Or TRY to pass. I am not taking any meds because of it. I don't lose any sleep over "it". I don't wish I could remove any body parts.

I imagine I am typical of the vast majority of CDers, just maybe not many of the Forum dinos that water here regularly.

Freddy, you have eloquently stated the truth and obvious! All this is what we make of it, we look at all the post that relate fear and rejection and it seems so depressing. It is if we let life's circumstances tear us down and don't get up and move on. I have so often stated to the others on here that I am just a CDer nothing more and that makes me happy. I choose to do this years ago and have learned to not only enjoy it but endear it as a positive for health and sanity. LOL If something or someone in life is causing you trouble and you can't work with it or find a happy compromise the simple and best answer is to discard of remove this obstacle, completely. It really don't take a lot of effort to be happy if you want to. It seem to me it is all the extras that we seem to want that causes the problems. Acceptance by others is not relevant or even necessary for my well being, it's just icing on the cake. And if we need this it is a personal problem to work out not theirs or visa-versa. Either way I am going to live and enjoy the gifts God has allowed me.

So to shorten this down, I agree with you 100%! Thanks for the food for thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Yes,
    I would be very aware of the tornadoes considering what has just been through Moore OK.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ive just gotten to the point in my life that I dont stress iver anything anymore.
    Dressing has helped me immense on that, but also have a very supportive girl by my side helps alot. plus I realy do enjoy my job these days as its not stressful at all and the ppl that I deal with everyday are always in a good mood.
    Thats helps put the smile on my face all the time and it makes everyone else smike back.
    Hugs
    Renee

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    As for therapists, I have no use for them, and I detest the word therapy.
    I agree. People undergo therapy to repair or restore something that's not as it should be or has been. Physical therapy to restore muscle strength after an injury, for example. Here, folks insist that crossdressing is a normal, natural thing for them to do, then seek therapy for dealing with it. Huh? What is it that crossdressers seek therapy for? What's WRONG?
    I prefer counseling, but recognize there may be a difference, technically speaking. Who wouldn't benefit from talking out what's on the mind with someone without a dog in the hunt personally but with some experience getting people to see things objectively?
    Am I happy? Generally, yes. Crossdressing is just one small aspect of life for me (obviously not for others). Life isn't always happy, but that's life.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I'm as happy as can be expected, LOL. :-)

Look seriously ... I get what you're saying, but the reality of this crossdressing/non-gender-normative situation that we all have going on here, is that it is orthogonal to the shape of the world we live in. When the edges of who we are don't fit into the world nicely, that can cause some bad vibes. There are far worse ways of handling that than going to talk about it with someone who is educated in the field. We are not the first humans to walk this path in the history of the world, and we won't be the last either. You can benefit from the knowledge of others, that is not a weakness.

If you wanna be all Klingon about it and be like "I shall walk this path of sorrow an pain only on my own two feet" or whatever ... you know ... cool .. if that works for you.

But yeah ... we do tend to dwell on either the color of our panties or the depths of our misery on this board, and I suppose that's because in both situations it's nice to chat with people about it, because it makes us feel good. :-)

Overall I've got to say, I'm pretty happy with my life as-is right now!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I am a happy Transgender and a happy Crossdresser. Both the same to me.

I too am a happy crossdresser! I have made the decision to not let my wife or anyone else bring me down any more. I am going to wear what I want (within reason).

Miriam
    Having crossdressing in my life has been a very positive experience, and I've tried to let that be reflected in all my posts. But I have found that negative posts and whining get a good deal more attention here than positive statements. Sure'd be nice if it were the other way around, but the humans amongst us seem to have more negative interests.

Miriam

Are you a HAPPY crossdresser?

Some days I am, some days I am not. Today is an "not" kind of day which follows a "not" kind of yesterday, which I hope doesn't lead into a "not " kinda tomorrow. I have had this "itch" lately to go out. I have wanted to dress and go "some where" to take some pictures and just enjoy the day but it seems near impossible. Then there are days when I am really happy and not much matters.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Happy? I am now and it was a wonderful therapist that helped me figure that out.
    I don't have to prove anythng to anyone and I am not hurting anyone, so it is absolutley OK for me to enjoy dressing which I do emmensly.

Happy is a choice.

Shelby

PS.
    Since mfakley mentioned it first... I wonder if Klingons crossdress? ( I saw Star Trek again last night with my sons and was actually wondering this)

Well written my friend. Once again... you have hit home. I'm happy but beyond crossdressing.. steadily riding down the middle of the road and easing towards the other side slowly but surely. With each passing day, dressing feels more natural and is a blissful release. Blessed with a wonderfully accepting and supportive wife... we've drawn closer as I cross into her world and we enjoy the girly things in life.

Keep an eye on the weather and stay safe my friend!

Cindy
    ​Cindy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Freddy you nailed it when you said "life is what you make it" that is so true.
    I have plenty to be depressed about but whats the use?
    Complain about how rough life is and nobody understands you? I don't get it to be honest if life is so bad then get off your butt and do something about it.
    You control your own destiny and yes hardships will pass your way but don't let it get you down.Keep your head up and trudge along.

I'm a naturally happy crossdresser-person-***-sissyboy, and I added the ***-sissyboy because that's what my unhappy
    neighbor likes to refer to me as, which I never get down or depressed about. Detroit can be a downer most of the time but
    there's some fairly happy people here, this pantyhose wearer being one of them. I rode the bus today, going to pick up my
    stressed out Honda Accord from the radiator shop, sat next to a Muslem girl and immediated asked 'how she was doing'/
    just some informal small-talk I think appropriate when sitting next to strangers. She didn't speak which I quickly blamed
    on crossculturalism (is that a word?) or the fact that I couldn't fully remove the pink stain from that Revlon, colorstay lipstick
    I had on last night. I think being a crossdresser ostensibly means not actually what apperance indicates. I mean, a grown
    man, dressing as a girl, and a young girl half his age? REALLY! But like most ecstasy.......it's really hard to explain the joy.

Keep posting my friend.
    dana
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-20-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: That word is not allowed in this forum

Platinum Member
    Personally, is an F5 is bearing down on my home, I probably won't worry about how I'm dressed. I may be TG but I hope to remain a living TG. I am pretty happy with my life, but it wasn't always so. I won't bore everyone here with another rendition of my life coming to understand and coming to terms with being TG. Suffice to say that I'm much more self aware and much happier now that I've accepted, and enjoy, the person that I am.

Which brings me to therapy. I've seen it dismissed as a waste of time or worse, often by individuals who didn't get what they hoped as a result. But for someone like me, therapy was a crucial step towards self acceptance and happiness.

Banned Read only
    [COLOR="black"]There’s not much to post about around here, is there? It seems to be all about breastforms, SO’s, therapists, and depression. What’s a boy/girl to do? Let’s see...
    Yes, you have a point. I'm sorry, I probably contribute to this - my posts always make me seem like I'm such a sad-sack. I just write about what's happening to me, good or bad. I'll try to have funner stuff to post - hopefully going to go out with a group of girls wednesday night.

Good luck with the Storms Frederique. They hit OKC really hard. They've mostly passed me by at this point.

[COLOR="black"]I don’t get depressed. It’s not in my make-up. I have plenty to be depressed about, but I seem to see only good things, or possibilities, in the darkest of times. Oh, I can get a little depressed now and then, maybe for 5 minutes or so, but it quickly passes, and then I return to my ebullient self. The fact that I keep posting on this site is proof I don’t get too “down” about things. Others feel I live a charmed life, but this is how I want it to be, and life is what you make it. Depression has been woven into my life via contact with others. I had a girlfriend who suffered with depression, and, since part of my family history includes depression, I’ve come to see it as natural, or at least inevitable. However, depression is not part and parcel of my need (or urge) to crossdress. Quite the opposite, I’m here to say, and if I don’t have the opportunity to crossdress, I don’t get depressed about it. It WILL happen, and, in any event, I like to delay pleasure...
    You've got something there. It seems the people that have the most to be depressed about rarely are and those that seemingly have it all are the ones in therapy. I tend not to get depressed and I've never much worried about my sexuality or my gender confusion, though it's not too confusing. I like women, whether they are natural, trans or part-time. I sometimes want to be a woman, or at least play one for a while, even though most of the time I'm a pretty regular guy that does guy things and thinks guy thoughts. I've always just accepted it. I told my wife before we got married. I surprised her when I showed her my lingerie. She surprised me by suggesting we get a strap on before I'd told her I enjoyed that sort of thing.

I've noticed, not here necessarily, that many crossdressers aren't comfortable with it, have absolute shrews for wives or they unfortunately see them that way so are in hiding and are severely depressed. I used to chat with several and each was in the closet, desperate to escape and their SO's didn't know. It became tiresome to act as their therapist and listen to them talk about clothes and going out one minute and how horrible their lives were the next. I just never felt that way. So yeah, I guess I'm a happy crossdresser.

Yep, embracing this part of me is overall a happy, fulfilling experience.
    Although at times I think I am kidding myself, and am frustrated at the difference between the woman in my head, and the one in the mirror..
    Thanks for sharing of yourself, Frederique - it's wonderful to hear someone else's experience of life
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

For me to say that I'm a happy cross dresser is rather hard! I really feel I would be happier one way or the other! Preferably I would rather be the ''other''!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Fredreique, thank you for such a thoughful and well written posting! I tend to agree pretty much with all you expressed.
    But first, I hope that all is well with your and your sister with regard to the storms...
    Happy? Yes, very! Actually I feel blessed many times with being able to acknowlege, accept, and honor my female side. Yes, often i let my fear stop me form going out and letting Jules more fully express herself, but it is less and less. Day by day, week by week Jules is growing and maturing as a beautiful, thoughtful, fun, and loving woman.
    hugs, Jules

I've never been happier or more at peace with myself since running into and not away from my crossdressing habits. The burden has been lifted, a burden I took on partly from my own efforts. I'm out to a few closest friends and family and it is freedom.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Happy,, Oh yes, Very happy, When I,m dressed I have no worries in the world. There are no words to describe how I feel when I,m Cindy. When my SO found out she said maybe you should go to theropy. I replied ,, what the h### for. I must of been born with these genes. I don,t let anyone get me down anymore. As these years are flying bye I,m not wasting a single moment I can be ,, Cindy ,, So, Big Hugs for You, Cindy
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

Am I "Happy Crossdresser"????? Let me break this down a bit, yes I am happy but not because of the cding ..I am happy everyday my feet touch the ground in the mornings ,I am happy for all the people I have in my life and I am happy for all the good fortune I've had..But does cding make me happy? No...Yes it brings me pleasure ,I enjoy the experience it takes the edge off of the down sides of life ..But it doesn't make me happy doing it..

I would be a much happier person without it..
    Last edited by Lucy_Bella; 05-20-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.