Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm out I guess...

I'm out I guess...

Went to work today in modest fem. Dressed pretty much like the other women casual pants, nice blouse, bra and flats etc. Left my hair more feminine today than usual, down with a fancier clip nothing new except the clip. I got a few looks but no real gasps. I've been leading up to this in various ways for some time really only adding the blouse and shoes today. With the way I've developed the past few months I've gotten tired of binding things up along with warmer weather fast approaching.

So... its all been rather anticlimactic. The day is about over the only comment I've gotten is from the admin assistant and she liked my blouse, an orange affair from Title 9. I guess they all figured it would happen eventually. I'll see how the rest of the week goes.

And nope, I didn't write a nice long epistle on why or when or go to HR (we don't have one) I guess I can only say I'm being me and I had waited or asked for permission I might have caused more of a stir. To late now I guess, I'm out without much fan fair.

I guess I can only say I'm being me and I had waited or asked for permission I might have caused more of a stir. To late now I guess, I'm out without much fan fair.
    Good for you! Besides, what is the very worst thing they can do you - fire you, heckle you, ignore you. Notice the use of the pronoun 'you'. Good for YOU!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Everyone has been real friendly today, even had a guy open a door for me! So I'll keep calm and carry on. My big stumbling block is makeup. Going with a little lip gloss to start, maybe. I'm trying some things tonight and see how it goes. But 24-7 at this point looks promising.

On another note in a couple of days I can wear my ear rings. Still have issue with necklaces though.

The 24-7 thing is easier than I first thought as most of the time the wardrobe is very similar, casual, jeans, Nike's and tee shirt, just add a bra! Smile!
    Last edited by Annie M; 05-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Bravo for you, Annie. I wish I could bress for work, but I work with the Public and a very select, conservative segment of the public at that. Crossdressing is absolutely verboten. I'm jealous.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Brava, Annie! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Coming out slowly they have time to get used to change.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    It seem as though you've handled it the revelation pretty well. Good for you, enjoy 24/7!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Congrats, Annie!

Sounds like u used the old, "Another grain of sand on the beach", approach to coming out.

Probably better than the alternative, "Straw that broke the camel's back", approach?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I like the way you have done it so far

I am curious are you going to be full time crossdresser, is that where you want to be? or eventually changing your name and looking at medical options for transition.

I have been on HRT for just over 10 months and I have changed a bit physically, and very happy with things. I don't really think to much about full reassignment procedures so many other things to consider other than plumbing. Just slowly accepting myself has been a big challenge. Evolution not revolution is how I think of it. Today was good I felt very comfortable and safe. Tomorrow who knows, I'll add more girl as I go along stop when I doesn't feel right and adjust. For now I've chosen to live and work as a woman not a cross dresser label. No fancy crap no in your Face look at me I'm different, and it seems reasonable people respect that. They read the message you put out for the most part. Get with an unbalanced person or group and take your chances.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 05-20-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: No need to quote previous post

I hope you're prepared if it all goes south... but I could see how if you just be yourself and explain nothing it could work. If someone questions you, then you can defend your position by saying you have always been presenting yourself that way... sort of like, its old news and they are late to the show. ...the ideal workplace, where you go to do work and what you look like doesn't matter.
    Chickie

Good for you Annie, that took a lot of courage and had a fair amount of risk. So glad it went well and hope it continues. As for light "day" makeup, I find BB cream makes a great light foundation just to smooth things out and moistureize. Add a little pink lip gloss and brown mascara and your ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Good for you hon. I do agree that evolution is better than revolution in this case. a slow gradual transition reduces the shock. Much like the story of the frog in the pot of cold water that is only gradually warmed up, slow gradual changes go almost unnoticed.

Way to go Annie. U B U . Just curious, what kind of work do you do?
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    Way to go Annie. U B U . Just curious, what kind of work do you do?
    Third career or is it the fourth I lost track. I do CAD work at a small engineering firm. Actually retired a while back from teaching so the job keeps me connected with benefits.

As for, am I prepared if it all goes south, I've been south so many times that "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn". I do care but in the mean time where are those ear rings?

Out the door …
    Last edited by Annie M; 05-21-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Silver Member
    Congrats on doing what needs to be done at this moment in your life! Your company and co-workers must be very accepting/understanding to your change. Go slow and enjoy each day, but always be comfortable and confident in who YOU are.

They have me off in a corner no window and a computer with a couple of screens working revit. Most of my contact comes from emails. I work with engineers, EE's and ME's I don't think they even notice what people wear, so accepting may not be the right term. Honestly one guy can't even button up a shirt evenly.

It has been 4 days at work in fem now. No real reaction from any one other than the 3 other women in the firm. Went to lunch with them today "just the girls" they were ok and generally supportive. Tomorrow is casual Friday actually like it is everyday. My big deal is my ear rings since I'm all healed up I can take out the studs yea! I went a little crazy with tops too. Bought several different styles and a couple of jackets. Actually enjoyed shopping with out the illogical fear of "not passing"
    Maybe I did maybe I didn't but couldn't pass up the sale rack in any event. It makes me wish I was oh say 30 not XX.
    My next goal is to wear a skirt to work, come on tanned legs.

P.S. Almost forgot the best part I'm not the tallest nor the biggest. When I said I can wear 10's or 12's I could hear the forks hit the plate, more salad please?
    Last edited by Annie M; 05-23-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Platinum Member
    It's great that you're fitting in with the women and not phasing the men. My advice would be, as thoujpgh you haven't already, to match your style to your female coworkers.

Sounds like how I came out. I just did it... not to mention when I moved I didn't bring any men's clothes lol

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    It's great that you're fitting in with the women and not phasing the men. My advice would be, as thoujpgh you haven't already, to match your style to your female coworkers.
    I completely keep an eye on the working woman style. It's all pretty much slacks and a pretty top, flats and some jewelry. I wore a pretty conservative silver chain today with a pendent, it's hard to get used to something around my neck.

I didn't purge all my mens clothing yet I still wear the jeans and I have some beautiful silk shirts I just can't give away just yet, soon perhaps. As I learn the ropes and my wardrobe grows more contemporary and less CD things will go.

It looks to all that I just did it too but it has taken decades of closet work and finally deciding now or never dam the torpedoes FSA! After all how much dancing in front of a mirror can one do before there are no choices left. I reached that point years ago.

Thanks to everyone that joins the conversation it means so much to have this group at my emotional back...
    Last edited by Annie M; 05-23-2013 at 10:56 PM.

That's great, it's YOUR life and YOU'RE living it to the fullest

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like your plan has worked out pretty good actually well done.
    No demands to accept you thru HR or legal means is always better IMO.
    Slowly seems to be a good way to go about it at the work place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Sounds like your plan has worked out pretty good actually well done.
    No demands to accept you thru HR or legal means is always better IMO.
    Slowly seems to be a good way to go about it at the work place.
    My disclaimer: This technique may not work for everyone results will very!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes your mileage may vary LOL.