Thread: My first high heels

My first high heels

I finally got my first high heels

I didn't really know what to expect, except that it most likely would be uncomfortable. I think they're still 1 size too small, even though I ordered 1 size bigger than I normally wear... And omg, it hurts! I hope it will get better at least a bit. But anyway, I still LOVE them

It takes a while to get your feet and legs used to wearing heels, but it will come in time unless you bought some outlandish five or six inch "hooker" heels.

With any shoes, you'll do much better to try them on in the store. That way you can get the closes size to what you need and see how comfortable they are and how well you can walk in them.

There's a "standard" rule that men need to buy women's shoes two sizes larger than their male size. That' a start, but only a start. For example, my male sneakers are 11 1/5 M but in women's shoes, most of them are 12 W. One pair is 11 W but they fit just like the other size 12 shoes. And they are all from the same store (Payless).

Assuming there is a Payless shoe store near you (they have a website also), just gather yourself up, walk in, walk to the large women's aisle, pick what you want, and try them on. It's best to go when the store isn't full of customers if you might be embarassed. The SA at Payless won't bite you, she/he is there to sell shoes and take in money.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-23-2013 at 12:15 AM. Reason: no need to quote the whole post above yours
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Good luck! I love me some heels...it's where it all began for me! Not sure of your size, but I find that if the width is small to go to 1 1/2+ my old size...
    Mandi Li

Nola Good luck! I love me some heels...it's where it all began for me! Not sure of your size, but I find that if the width is small to go to 1 1/2+ my old size...

Nola I think you need a few more, you are like me it began with the heels and hose also in my case. I ordered some the other day and got a nice 5.5 inch and love the feel I do work out some on an elliptical and I think that really helps. A good fit is the secret though. The SA at Glamour Boutique on line said to get get two full sizes bigger on the taller heels.

Well, they're only 4" high. But for a first timer that's high enough ^^

I will keep the +2 sizes rule in mind, since +1 is still too small, mostly in length I think. Or maybe it's the brand that makes them a bit small?

I don't think we have Payless stores in Europe. There are some stores with bigger sizes but usually their stock is quite small, and often too "hookerish" to my likeing. Oh, and also important, I'm a coward, so I don't dare to go to a normal store (yet?).

Anyway, thanks for the advice

PS: I always loved the sight of some pretty womens feet in some sexy high heel shoes, but to wear them myself is even better ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    ........ Oh, and also important, I'm a coward, so I don't dare to go to a normal store (yet?).
    So am I. Just make up your mind, then go in and do it. It might be easier if you go to a store that's far from home.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I used to work at Kmart and it was a small non busy store the most common person there was a great lady Doris that worked in he fitting rooms and I had a good relationship with her prior so I was shopping but embarrassed and I couldnt shop and shake her so I just told her I was trans and she was cool with it so now I can shop with out worry although its only Kmart they do have some cute stuff and good sales every once a while

Francis,
    I think I moved on from high heels and other things very quickly.
    I settled in to a female outlook very early in life.
    Having free extended times dressing were good therapy and helped me lead a more balanced life as a woman.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Due to a back injury I need to keep my heels less than 3 inches for now. Even though the higher heels are not available to me now I hope with practice I can graduate. Wearing heels is fun. I feel more feminine when I wear them. It is certainly a challenge with rewards. Wearing heels for short periods of an hour or so let’s my muscles get used to the new walk. The more often I wear them the more often I look forward to it.

I got my first and only pair of shoes so far a few weeks ago at a goodwill. It was a pair of cute boots with a reasonable 3 inch heel for only 10 dollars. My SO helped me find them even then I was too scared on my own to try them them at the store. Well I needed some guy jeans for work, so my SO just had me throw a couple pairs of jeans over the boots so no one could see me with them going into the dressing room to try them on. That way I got to see if they fit a little more privately.

Also, we both noticed also that it seems the best boots at the used clothing stores seem to come in the bigger sizes rather than her more normal girl size.

Banned Read only
    Personally I think you should have started out with a three inch heel. It takes awhile for the muscles and tendons to get use stretching in ways they have never experienced. I found there is a significant difference in the length of time it takes to become uncomfortable between the three inch heel and four and five inch heels. I can wear a three inch heel all day without any discomfort. A four inch heel gives me a little stress after several hours. Five inches? Well, my aged body does not appreciate them. I also recommend wearing them for a short period of time and working up from there.

Silver Member
    Lots of good sites on line to buy heels. Learn your size, watch for sales, try them on at home, if they don't fit or if they are not what you expected, send them back. Make sure you read the return police and avoid sites which charge a return fee.

Look at 6PM Shoes, Zappos, Amazon, Shoebuy for name brands and no problem returns.

By the way, congratulations Francis. I will always remember my first pair of high heels.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Four inchers are large for anybody most of the time, outside that is where once they are on they have to stay on. But forgetting that, the biggest lift vertically comes with the two inch, the three giving the max teeter factor. After that it is just a matter of style and balance. Stick with the hurt, toes and calves both object, just mind the cobble stones and the tram rails and you will do fine when you get out there.
    ~Samm

Maybe I will try a real store someday, but not yet haha. I just try to practice at home until I can walk on them without being afraid to fall over, or look rediculous ^^

For now I'd like to stay on the "safe" side, especially because I live with my parents...

Aspiring Member
    Nervous? Scared to death is more like it the first time I tried on a pair of heels at Payless. Too scared to buy them. Eventually I just went in, tried on a pair I liked. Not wide enough, a younger saleslady asked if she could help. I asked if she had them in a wider size. She looked and didn't have them but then told me that their other store in the mall had the same heel in a wider size. She gave me a discount card and headed me in that direction. Went to the other store, picked out the wider size, tried them on and then walked to the checkout. This store also had a younger checkout girl and she didn't bat an eye about my purchase. Just asked if there was anything else I needed. Store had no other customers at that time and it was very easy and both employees were very codial.

Some of you are so brave! I wish I was...

I had a similar experience. I went to payless to buy my first pair of women shoes size 13. The SA was very nice, she did not ask any questions - i did not try them in the store

I didn't understand the whole heel thing until I got a pair. Absolutely LOVE them and as long as I pay attention, am really not having any problems walking in htem.
    I think my next shopping spree is going to be in Nolafeet's closet.

Quote Originally Posted by nolafeet View Post
    Good luck! I love me some heels...it's where it all began for me! Not sure of your size, but I find that if the width is small to go to 1 1/2+ my old size...
    Officially Jealous! Love the casual shoes. Sneakers are my next avenue of exploration. That and big clunky goth boots.

Since they are new, they might stretch depending on the material. I'm a 11 in men's but wide. Still I wear twelves in women's, wide if I can find them. For me, a little discomfort is part of the fun. Everyone is different as far as foot size and shape. Order from places with great return policies and you'll never have to worry. My right big toe is very stiff due to a break long ago. Four inch heels are fine, but 5's take some brute force. I also find clunky heels are easier to walk in. There are plenty of pretty shoes with wider heels and without the pointy toes.