Thread: Could it be that easy?

Could it be that easy?

Hello Friends !

Well, this is case that somehow I find hard to believe.

I applied for a name change in NY Civil Court. It was granted in two weeks and they said it was going to take 3 to 5 months.

I went to newspaper to publish legal note for name change as per judge's order. They told me I have to wait two weeks for the publication to appear. It took two days.

I went to Social Security Office to change name and gender with Court Order and a letter from my Endocrinologist. I was out in 25 minutes with name and gender changed.

I went to DMV to get new license with picture, name and gender changed. I was out in 35 minutes.

I told my parents last night over the phone, (they live overseas) and they received the news as if I was telling something not important. They told me they love and not to worry. Just simple as that. No even a question?!?!

All the above in a course of 7 days. Could it be that easy? I am sort of fricked out!! Please tell me it is possible.

I am scheduling my orchiectomy very soon. Probably in the next 3 months or earlier.

I am happy but like I said, I am in a state of disbelief.
    Peace,

.:jordie

Yeah, the name change is easy. Getting the court order was the hard part for me, but if you got that, then I guess you're good. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

You may hear the tales of frustration and woe more often, but I think things work out well far more than you would think. Of course the Northeast is the best place legally to be trans so that surely helps too! Good luck and enjoy your new status!
    Sally

Mine was easy ... I live in New Jersey

sometimes the hold ups are around other documents like birth certificates and passports..

Banned Read only
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Have you been collecting 4 leaf clovers lately? Maybe just started carrying that lucky rabbits foot? Sometimes it is just your day, week, year. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Gold Member
    If you read TG forums you get all these stories about their woeful struggles and all this sacrifice they had to make. Often it is exaggerated or they like to make up drama just to show how "truly TS" they are.

If it does take 3 to 5 months for a court date, that is just cause the courts are so clogged up with cases. When I went in, all the cases were people trying to get their license re-instated or women doing name changes after divorce (or maybe marriage)
    With name change - yeah it will be a lot of hassle having to inform EVERYONE of it but no big thing.

Most aspects of transition (aside surgeries) are not that big a deal aside whatever drama a TS decides to create for themselves. Yes it is plenty possible for things to be "that easy".
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

YMMV
    Congratulations! sounds like your karma is good

Silver Member
    Thats awesome! Glad it went smoothly for you.

You were able to change your gender with social security? I did not think you could do that without proof of surgery?

Yes, Social Security change my gender with a full sugar coated letter from my endo. I tried and it worked.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 05-22-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post
    Peace,

.:jordie

Now, did you pinch your self?