Thread: " when was your first period?"

" when was your first period?"

Well, i had my very first mammogram today! I am having BA in two weeks (along with ffs) and needed to have this before then for baseline purposes. I was really happy about this on two counts: first, i actually had enough breast tissue to get decent images, and, second, that it really wasnt all that uncomfortable. I wouldnt want to do it with any breast tenderness, but otherwise it was ok. The people at the imaging center were soooooooo nice. Just before the scan, the tech was asking risk-relatedq uestions, and one of them was, "when was your first period?". I chuckled to myself, and told her that i was born male, so never. She was cool as a cucumber and just moved on to the next question

Gold Member
    hahahah.
    You should have said, "I have been knocked up since the day I hit puberty so never. All them damned kids, they baby daddies better pay little bit of chil suppot"

Or you could have said in a Shakespearean tone, "Nothing gross hath ever exited my vagina!"

Or maybe, "When I was 13, so when was YOUR first period?"
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My first period? Ummm, I'm pretty sure that we had periods in kindergarten. Difficult to make sentences without them. Difficult to know when it is time for recess without them.

But on the weird and scary side, there is a current (serious) report of a 2 year old going through menstruation! See here.

Gold Member
    Holy christ, if someone is hitting puberty at TWO, imagine how bad she will be aged by the time she hits like 30?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

That's too funny. Gottta love those standardized questions.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I had a doc look at my meds and ask do you still have your ovaries. Another doc asked me when was your last pap smear. Both were in shock when I said I was trans.

I had a mammogram at Stanford Hospital earlier this year after I thought I felt a lump next to my right nipple (nothing found).

The initial history was taken by an female intern and female 2nd year resident who, matter of factly, asked if I ever nursed! She then looked up from the laptop and mouthed "oops"!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    That must have been funny and shocking.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Dontcha just love questions with an implied part built in? ...I'm guessing, for many women who want to but never could give birth, that being asked that question would also be kind of insensitive too.
    Chickie