Thread: Being comfortable at home

Being comfortable at home

I've been a long-time pantyhose wearer, where I have no problem throwing on a pair to head to work in assuming I don't have to go anywhere I might need to change. On occasion I'll put on a shaper underneath if it's not too obtrusive. Recently I've been exercising a lot more now, and have much less chance during the day and have to wait until I get home.

Outside of the pair of yoga pants I just bought to wear with pantyhose and the various shapers/bras I have, what would everyone suggest in terms of things to wear around the house for pure comfort and enjoyment?
    -Danielle

emails are not allowed

Breast forms, wig, female shoes, skirts and blouses, makeup and lipstick, jewelry. Did I miss anything?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

No Linda
    you didn't forgot anything

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Sounds like you're in the lingerie and pantyhose stage. Just wait until you strap on your first pair of high heel pumps. Your whole world will change. There's more, lots more.

I am lazy Linda said it for me...
    "Breast forms, wig, shoes, skirts and blouses, makeup and lipstick, jewelry."
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Or wait till you can sit down in front of the TV and relax with a freshly painted nails and toes....love looking them makes me giggle as I've said before.

Just wait until you strap on your first pair of high heel pumps. Your whole world will change.

This statement nailed it. I started as you did, pantyhose around the house. Once I started exploring this more, heels were the next logical step for me. Then it grew from there. Basically anything that you choose to wear around your house will be comfortable You just got to dive in
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

A summer dress and sandals - both cool and comfortable

Skirt. In Winter, a pair of thigh highs, or stockings. ( Not sure about the stockings, haven't bought any yet ) Tights, if they fit properly. Skirt just feels more comfy than pants, though yoga pants come close. Top is my normal man stuff, soft t-shirt or merino wool sweater, depending. If it's really warm, pair of panties and nothing else, or even nothing! Skirt wearing is increasing now roommate has moved out, next week when I move in with GF, ( and landlord upstairs knows ) it's going to be pretty much as soon as I walk in the door.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I wear panties,tights and heels around the house allways, some times fully dressed en femme with wig and full make up

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    Just wait until you strap on your first pair of high heel pumps. Your whole world will change.

This statement nailed it. I started as you did, pantyhose around the house. Once I started exploring this more, heels were the next logical step for me. Then it grew from there. Basically anything that you choose to wear around your house will be comfortable You just got to dive in
    I have some heels, just don't wear them as much as I feel like I should be doing. They're so much fun to have on. I have forms as well, but I'm still getting used to them. Probably a result of not having much to go with them except for bras and shapers. They're C's, but look so much larger on me. Unless I just don't have a sense of proportions yet.

I'm definitely going to do some shopping for other things as well. It should be fun. Suggestions are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    A summer dress and sandals - both cool and comfortable
    I've been trying to find some satin things to wear around, they seem like they would fit the bill on this front.

Bra(no under wire), panties, cami, loose hoodie, and Yoga pants for the win! To all you girls who don't own a pair of yoga pants, go buy some right now!!! You will thank me later

Quote Originally Posted by *Amelia* View Post
    Bra(no under wire), panties, cami, loose hoodie, and Yoga pants for the win! To all you girls who don't own a pair of yoga pants, go buy some right now!!! You will thank me later
    Does no underwire really make a difference? The only ones I have are wired, and some of my shapers are as well. I could stand for some cami suggestions, they look awesome.
    -Danielle

emails are not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by atlegs View Post
    Does no underwire really make a difference? ........ .
    It seems to make a difference to the women I've known in my life. Buy yourself a bra without an underwire and see for yourself.

BTW: Those underwire bras are dangerous - You could lose an eye!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I like my bra, panties, and thigh highs with low heels or flats along with a lounge drees.

In short, yes under wire definitely makes a difference. Since I don't have natural breast yet, under wires seem to cut into me something fierce. So my daily bra is a bralette, super comfortable and covers everything nicely!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you are at home yoga pants and panty hose is OK just don't wear that combo when you go out.
    The fashionistas will hunt you down.