Most here know I am a veterinarian. Since my diploma and all related items have "his" name on them I am relegated (right now) to presenting in the male form. However, I have informed many clients that things could change. So far no one cares.

But, something came up yesterday that made me think . A client brought in a dog. She warned me that the dog didn't like men. Without even thinking I said "Gee I picked a bad day not to wear a dress then." The client was one who has been privy to my plans so she wasn't shocked but we both thought "I wonder how the dog would react?"

Now, I believe that it isn't the gender but the attitude that dogs and cats react to. Many clients have commented on how well their cat behaves with me compared the "the last vet". But, could it be that I give off the femme aura?

I would like to see if the dogs would be more comfortable if I were dressed at work. This particular dog did not bark at a female client who came in while she was there. The woman was dressed in everyday clothing so I doubt it was the clothes. I still think it would not change the dog's reaction just by changing clothing, but I think it would be a great experiment.