Thread: Work visit that goes well.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Work visit that goes well.

I have been on medical leave from work for over a year and lots of the employees I worked with haven't seen me for some time.
    I worked on a few guitars for one of the guys there so I delivered them to him at work tonight.
    Again 50/50 mode not too femme jeans but still girls jeans,Ladies tennis shoes(black and white)with purple accents.
    Small ladies turquoise ring and ladies yin yang bracelet.Small silver hoop earrings.
    Hot rollered my hair today and the curls had turned into loose curls.
    Haven't cut my hair since I have been off so its grown a lot (down to the shoulders).
    All went well and no bad reactions from the people I worked with for so long.
    One of the receiving office girls motioned me in her office and she said wow its good to see you!! You look so different now I love your hair too its soo long!!
    She said your earrings look good too I would never dreamed you to be one to wear earrings.
    I told her well I decided to let my inner self out and if some don't like it too bad.
    She gave me a hug and said you look really hot with the hair just too cute!
    I can't say I have ever seen you in jeans it always been a uniform, she said I love American Eagle jeans at least you got the tighter ones and not the baggy ones.LOL
    I thanked her we hugged and off I went.
    So I guess if I do go back to work there eventually I'm sort of out.
    A year ago I would have never worn something like that at or around people I worked with.
    So progress was made.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-23-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Sounds as if you are moving towards being outed! I hope that is what you want and all goes well for you! I guess time will tell! Best of luck to you!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Goes to show that if you are comfortable and confident, others will pick up and let you know. Nice visit and story.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Great story Traci, so glad it went well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Banned Spammer
    I'm not going to hide who I am so I just did it.
    A few guys were there that I didn't know and they gave me the once over but as soon as some of the old crowd came in the break room and said hi they seemed ok with me.
    What will be said among my old crowd that has actually known me for years I don't think it will make much difference.The others I don't care what they think.
    Another of the office girls came in and said hi and she was friendly like always.
    Just one of those things one has to do for their own reasons if they plan on coming out to whatever degree.
    Its my long term goal to ease people I know into it.

Tracii,
    again a little bit at a time to get them ued to it.
    I hope it works for you, it looks like you aer on track.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    That's a wonderful experience, Tracy! I hope the affirmation you received continues to grow. My theory is that the proper response toward one's gender presentation should always be "Not a big deal" or "So what?", especially if it has no negative effect on your workplace performance. And, hey, if the women in the company are warming up to you, working with them should get easier, which could very likely improve your performance at work. Keep on rocking it; we're all rooting for you. BTW, I'm bald, so I'm seriously jealous of your growing your hair out! But it it good thinking about the fun you are having with it.

Banned Spammer
    No chance I could go back to my old job due to federal regulations but who knows maybe an office spot of some kind until I can take my full retirement in a year and a half.
    I have been there for 25 years so I'm ready to hang it up.

good for you tracii, great story and i'm glad that it went well. its obvious that you are a good person and well liked, as your co-workers were kind and
    complimentary to you. your confindence is amazing and hopefully contagious as it helps me and others to be stronger. i think you are so adorable and pretty!
    i love your long hair also and can't believe your age.
    paula

Banned Spammer
    Thanks Paula I can't believe I'm as old as I am either LOL.

Banned Read only
    Hi Tracii

I'm happy for you and the fact that you've grown into a human being that has no guilts or is not afraid being themselves(in controlled environment). Kudos to you and your an inspiration to us.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    What will be said among my old crowd that has actually known me for years I don't think it will make much difference.The others I don't care what they think.
    I think that's a key point. Those that know you as a good friend, trusted co-worker, team player, etc. will be likely to continue in that mode. You've built up Good Kharma, so that should be what prevails.

That's really awesome!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi Tracii, An excellent story, I am very happy for you!
    Stephanie

Banned Spammer
    I was never a team player really always just did my own thing because all my bosses were not the smartest knives in the drawer.
    Did things my way but always did my job by the book so they left me alone.
    One guy from the whse crew called me and said we need to hook up and catch up on things so I guess they have been gossiping about me.LOL
    I vow to be me and not hide who I am from here on out wish me luck.
    Going to meet that person at a club tonight to hash out old times,should be fun either way.

Tracii that's a good story. Hope everything goes well at the club tonight.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Thats great Tracii looks like everything is going great.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Congratulations you took the first step and didn't trip! It's not as scary as we imagine is it. The women seem more accepting then the guys, I think men are just scared to show emotion. Hope things keep going great for you.

Platinum Member
    It's great to se how receptive people, especially women, are when we let the real us come out. Good going, Traci!

Silver Member
    Congratulations. I'm jealous, can't believe you are a day over 29. LOL I've found that being yourself lets people decide if they want to be friends. The ones that don't don't matter.

Tracii, Wasn't aware of the sick leave but certainly hope you are able to go back to work before retirement. Let us all know how that club meet goes. On this Memorial Day I'll think of you and all the buddies lost in the distant past and recently.
    Best
    Julie

You'll never cease to amaze us, Tracii. That's awesome.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Banned Spammer
    Thanks so much Julie I really appreciate your comment.
    The club meet up went well and he never mentioned any comments people made if any were made.
    We had a great time catching up with each other.

You go girl! With such a positive attitude that you throw out, they don't stand a chance against you,lol! Good Luck,hun!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"