Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: being bisexual crossdresser

being bisexual crossdresser

Does being a bisexual or bisexual crossdresser good or bad? Recently my family found out I was bisexual through facebook and it went kind of ok. They accepted me for being who I am but it was hard for me to tell them because I thought I would lose them. However they dont know that I dress up should I wait till I get my own place and tell them or keep it to myself? Also when being bi do cders generally like gg and transgenders

Silver Member
    Depends on how one looks at it. Being bisexual is good, in that there are more people you can date (as the old saying goes.) If you are mostly looking for a relationship with a GG... in that case it isn't such a good thing.

I'd keep your dressing to yourself, if there is no reason for them to know about it. Or, at the very least, at least until you move out and you are not in a volatile situation if the react badly.

What about with dating a transgender and plus I dress occasionally not all the time
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 05-24-2013 at 04:53 AM. Reason: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content

Dating a TG sometimes works best as you are both "from the same playground"..so there is little grounds for anxiety that you could otherwise experience. You may as well tell your parents about your desire to dress as I don't think they will disown you over that,either!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I cant tell my father he would kick me out and my mom(she passed away) she beat me

Anyway I am happy for being who I am and I dont care what anyone else think of me anymore. I understand with being bisexual its give me a lot of choices like if I want to date a woman and a mtf transgender(cd, tv, drag queen, etc) it would be ok right
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-24-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I am a bisexual cd. I could only ever see myself having a serious relationship with a gg but it is fun to hang out and have fun with other cds as well. Finding a gg that can accept crossdressing is hard enough besides one that can accept being bi also. So for now I opt to stay single just to avoid the pain of trying.
    Erica

I'm a bisexual crossdresser and came out to my family tho I thought they would disown. Me they was all very accepting I guess it all depends on who the person is and there own feelings. As to how accepting they r
    my advice is tell them and get on with living your life

I agree where you are coming from with me I could see my self with transgender and/or gg but as of now I am still single

Well they know I am bi But they dont know I dress
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-24-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

You really don't have to tell them anything Hon, at least not now. You may want to wait to get your own place to go out with people or have a relationship. Then you are not constantly walking on egg shells. I think your best bet is to find someone who is flexible and who likes you for who you are,not what you are. You are very pretty.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My family and friends surprised me. I thought (i'm a pessimistic bitch) that they would turn their back on me. I was wrong. Nothing changed. They still love me. I'd separate the fact of being bi and being cross, that are things that go in different ways. Just one piece of advice: if you find someone you like for more than a date, tell her/him about your way of life the soonest possible. Better feel a little pain in the beginning that to be put in the situation of hide or telling your partner too late when the damage can be harder to handle.
    Alles Zu Seiner Zeit

I agree where you coming but sometimes I tend to get habit of telling them before I get into a relationship

I would wait till you get your own place and more than likely this comes along with a different circle of friends.
    When you are established you can tell people then what direction you wish to take.
    Circumstances has a lot to do with how you will lead your life from now on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by cd23 View Post
    Does being a bisexual or bisexual crossdresser good or bad? Recently my family found out I was bisexual through facebook and it went kind of ok. They accepted me for being who I am but it was hard for me to tell them because I thought I would lose them.
    Hi cd, To me this shows that they love you no matter what. Their love is unconditional and no informalities w/ change their minds. You are blessed.

However they dont know that I dress up should I wait till I get my own place and tell them or keep it to myself? Also when being bi do cders generally like gg and transgenders
    At this point I don't see them having an issue w/ your CDing. I'm sure they'll be confused which is the norm but your confidence w/ show them that you know where you are and who you are. Best of luck to you sweetie

The good thing about being bisexual is that it doubles your chance of a date on a Saturday night.
    by Woody Allen (also attributed to others)

Is it a good thing? well it makes my life more interesting that is for sure. While I rarely get hit on by a woman when I am dressed, I have met some fascinating men. If I had been repulsed, them I would not have known them (and no I have not slept with any of them...yet). In this setting being bisexual may be more leaning toward the femme side and desiring the experience, if you are TS you may actually be attracted to men more in a straight sense. In my life right now I don't look at gender. I look at the person in general, if they are good, smart, on the same intellectual level as I am and share common likes.

You need to be who you are. Don't let someone else's thoughts prevent you from loving anyone. If you limit yourself, you may miss the best hing you would ever know. And you would limit experiences that you could treasure
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    In my life right now I don't look at gender. I look at the person in general, if they are good, smart, on the same intellectual level as I am and share common likes.
    Just good willed and non judgmental is good enough for me. That would be a close friend indeed.

And you would limit experiences that you could treasure
    Life is about experiences, w/o them we be dead weight.

Banned Read only
    by Woody Allen (also attributed to others)
    GAWD, I wish Woody Allen (and whomever else) would NEVER have said that. It just BURNS an ass. It makes it seem that it is the REASON that people are bisexual. NOTHING could be further from the truth. All it actually means is that, for some reason, gender has a lesser priority in how one determines physical and emotional attraction.

To return to the original question, I agree with those here who said be out on your own before you divulge all. There is always the possibility, even though it may be small, that someone will have a definite negative reaction. If that happens, you want to be in a good place, mentally and physically, in order to deal with it. I think the independence and autonomy gained from living on your own helps in dealing with negative situations.

For the record, I personally separate the two identities. Many more people know that I am bisexual compared to those who know I crossdress. Maybe 50-60 as opposed to 3. Coming out is a process and it's good to put thought into it. My thought is that at this time I choose not to invest the time and effort to come out as a crossdresser.
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 05-24-2013 at 12:24 PM.

As several have said, they know you are bi, so let that one simmer for a while. And as with anything, people need time to absorb things. Don't give them emotional overload. You've kept it hidden so far, so waiting til you move out should not be an issue. And nothing says you have to tell them immediately then. You will have your own privacy, your own schedule and just let day to day life take place. Best wishes.

MMMuah!

Ashlyn

Miriam
    Without giving in to social pressures, studies show that most people (men and women) would be bisexual, but to varying extents (consider a scale of 1-5 from solidly homosexual to solidly heterosexual). In recent history through most of the world, homosexuality has come to be accepted, but strangely bisexuality still carries a stronger stigma. Just know that deep inside, bisexual is probably the norm so don't worry too much about those "weird" people on one end of the spectrum or the other - or those who refused to accept their own tendencies.

Miriam

I don't quite understand bisexuality, I don't think much about it either since I only like strong masculine guys but I got the feeling that you are more attracted to the TG individuals
    If I am correct that is very good in my opinion

By the way you are right. It is just when I dress (I havent dress recently and I dont know how I would look now), i get hit on by men I dont know is that kind of odd where as with women/tgs they wouldnt kind accept dating a guy that dresses up. However I would like my own privacy where I can dress freely and I would love to find a gg/tg thats supports my lifestyle

Silver Member
    I cant tell my father he would kick me out and my mom(she passed away) she beat me

Anyway I am happy for being who I am and I dont care what anyone else think of me anymore. I understand with being bisexual its give me a lot of choices like if I want to date a woman and a mtf transgender(cd, tv, drag queen, etc) it would be ok right
    It's ok to date who ever you want to---good luck with your journey
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I am in the same situation with you and I'm waiting to find a full time job and be a bit financially stable, then I would tell my family. Its not really an option now anyway as they're pretty much hardcore Catholics and my brothers are conservatives. I'm not afraid, but it seems to me it's very important to be financially independent as a CDer if you want any amount of freedom.

A good way to tell your parents that you dress is to indirectly bring it up and then just make a joke that you do it. Just be brief about it don't act serious then change the topic. The scary part is their response to the initial shock of telling them.

I appreciate all the advice everyone gave me

You are not alone so don't feel like an island. Many crossdressers are bisexual and find great satisfaction in relationships with both men and women. This topic has been discussed by several groups on this forum. You look lovely and I wish you all of the best. Some here have given you some solid advice to ponder.