Thread: Has your dressing affected your SO's dressing habits?

Banned Read only

Has your dressing affected your SO's dressing habits?

A couple of weeks ago, my wife accidently found a pair of my panties in the dryer. (oops! I thought I had gotten all of them.) I'm out to her, and I'd told her that I try to be super careful that she won't find my stuff, but that accidents could happen, and sure enough, one did. So she wasn't upset - she neatly folded them and put them on my chair. (They were white with multicolored polka dots.)

This week, though, she needed to buy some new underwear and had to go to VS to buy a gift for our niece's bridal lingerie shower.

So while she was buying stuff for our niece, she bought herself a bunch of cute panties on sale at VS. Nothing especially racy or exotic, just really darn cute - 10x cuter than the ones she's been wearing. She told me that she thought about my panties, and realized the ones she had been wearing were *really boring*, and that mine were much cuter.

Although I didn't say anything other than complimenting her on her choice, this struck me as really funny, but also as a really nice compliment to me.

So do any of you ladies have a similar story?

Affect ? Maybe a little ,, But more like thievery ,, Most chix here that are not out or there wives or not accepting don't know the down side of being out ,, Like them taking what ever they want when they want too ,, But if your out to everyone you have a leg to stand on an Protest in front of other people an say HEY ,, Is that my Shirt ? But most of us have it good as far as shoes go ,, Unless your daughter wears the same size ?? Doh !!!

The only difference besides us both shopping for women's clothes together is that when she is putting her makeup on in the mornings and I am getting ready she will tell me to watch how she is applying this eyeliner and how to do certain little tricks with the make up to make the eyes look bigger or more sultry. Her dressing has always been hot and still is especially since even at 60 she is always trying to keep up with the new styles. If she does not like the new style she will at least do a half new style or change a few things in her wardrobe to be style friendly I guess is what one would call it...

Only that my wife will buy her style for her then proceed along the aisle to buy my style for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wife stole my shoes lol. She said i wasnt allowed to have cuter shoes than her. (We wear the same size) . She then took my shoes and put them on and now they are one of her favorite pairs. My wife is not accepting so i kind of had to pick my battle and let her have the shoes. I still wear them when shes not paying attention. They are a super cute pair of Rocket Dog flats that i am in love with. I wear them around the house and the kids see me and i go on like everything is normal. If my wife knew, shed kill me lol. What good are rules if you cant bend them/break them occasionally.
    On the topic of spouse acceptance...i may be delusional, but for our anniversary (which is today 10 yrs) she gave me a pair of really light weight WOMENS pj bottoms. She gave them to me and said...i thought you would enjoy these...theyre womens. She then quickly followed up with a...i tried to find the least feminine colors i could. They are super cute baby blue thin pj bottoms with a lime green satin ribbon tie string. It almost made me cry lol. Im so mushy. It may seem small to those who havent read my other posts, but it was a massive step in the right direction towards acceptance...heck, tolerance would me welcomed in my home lol.
    Sorry for the long stories. I was rather excited.

It has affected her by having us go shopping together more often so she ends up seeing more things she likes.

We also tend to go out to dressier events so she wears nice clothes and makeup more often.

I haven't heard her complain!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Well, the brat herself has cashed in on a second and well stocked wardrobe and has no intention any time soon to admit it's mine and not hers, shoes and lingerie excepted.

No,, not really,, she,s still rather a little jealous that she can,t fit in my clothes. Though she says she rather not,, I think she does.
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

Well after 20 years she is very casual in her dress ...doesn't shop much just jeans and such..seems i have more outfits than her now

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Sabrina has gotten jealous that I have more dresses than she does. Last month, I went on eBay and bid on 5 dresses in her size, to help make up the difference. We won 4 of them, which she is really happy with.

Sometimes, if she sees I've found something nice, she'll want it too. This was the case, for instance, with the pink pleated skirt I got from Walmart. She wound up getting two of them, one in a pink floral print, one in black. (She prefers having black skirts and pants around, for when she's on her cycle. She tells me to be thankful I don't have to deal with that! )

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I definitely have cuter panties than my wife, and she's taken note. And the only reason hers are half as cute as mine are that I bought hers for her. She has zero interest in fashion, but now that I'm all over girly, she seems to be taken an interest, and concerned about how I've become so much more feminine than she is.

I encourage her at every opportunity to join the party. The more the merrier!

Banned Read only
    The song and dance between me and my wife about my dressing is kind of funny sometimes. She'll get a little self conscious if I comment on an outfit in an overly positive way - worried that I'm thinking about it for myself. She's totally not ready to see me dressed - and yet she is QUITE concerned that I'll make poor choices and look like crap, which she cannot abide.

It is the 'two-steps forward, one-step back polka', I think.

My wife has changed her style a little. She now dresses a little nicer (she's very casual, actually we both are). She has taken to buying better, well fitting clothing rather than just something at Walmart and it's made her feel better about how she looks since the clothes are more tailored and she enjoys it more now. We both enjoy it more now...I love seeing her in something smart and flattering as she's a beautiful woman and should take pride in herself.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Not yet, but she has impeccable taste, even as a BBW
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

Platinum Member
    Not exactly, but I have observed that my wife's choices for undies or nighties or outfits reflects how she feels about herself, and particularly her weight. When she feels better about herself, she chooses nicer things.

Over the years I went through different stages.
    At the start I wore all lacy and frilly, to attract the attention I wanted off him.
    Then spent a few years avoiding anything cute, "so as not to trigger him to c/d" lol I know.
    Then got to my comfort zone, and just put on nice undies when wearing a dress, or going out all dolled up.
    Now he is the one who has all the pretty cute ones, I find them most uncomfortable, and prefer cotton.
    He also likes to match, that does not appeal to me.
    I just look in the drawer, and pull out clean ones, regardless of colour, or material.
    Maybe because i can wear them if i want, I can take or leave it ?
    I am Loved because I am me, not just because I accept.