Thread: An update from joni

An update from joni

Hi all. A couple weeks ago I had my name legally changed to Joni and have updated many of my accounts, ie DL, Social Security, birth certificate, bank accounts, etc. Lots of paper and on-line work to do. Suprisingly it has gone much faster than I figured. I start full time at work week after next. I have already spoken to most of my co-workers and my boss is suppose to hold a company meeting about it, soon (I hope!).

Outside of work, I live full time, including my roller figure skating (yeah!), and have spoken to my neighbors and others that need to know. So many people I have shared with, have told me about someone else they know who went through transition. That really helps, that others have already made the path of transition more known for late ones like me. My parents and kids are still mostly opposed, but I think they are resigned to it. I just want to start my life over as Joni.

Almost a year and a half now with electrolisys (and it's still painfull!), 6 months on hormones from the VA, support group at the LGBT center and a wonderful church and pastor to go to, "New Life MCC", things are moving along and I am very happy and blessed.

Thank all of you for your support and for all the info I have gleaned from this site and forum. You all have helped me put my feet on the ground and get moving.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Thank you for sharing your positive experences with us .

Great for you girl so happy things are moving along for you as one of your sisters i wish you the best. Marianne

Banned Read only
    It may be later in life for you but make every day count now. I wish you all the best. Enjoy!

That sounds so good Jonianne. It seems the path that lies before me is much like your own. I sense in your words that you're at peace with yourself. Would that all of us find and hold that feeling close, too, as we move on in our own personal journeys . All the best to you dear, Ann
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Thank you Terri, Marianne and Anne.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    It may be later in life for you but make every day count now. I wish you all the best. Enjoy!
    Jorja, you are one of those that have blazed the trail and made the journey much more accessable for those of us who didn't have the courage and strength you had to have when you started. I do strive my best to make each day count! Thank you!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan