Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else feel this way? Thoughts prompted by recent breast implant thread

Anybody else feel this way? Thoughts prompted by recent breast implant thread

Bottom line - not sure where I am on tg spectrum right now...

My fantasy would be to get implants.
    I would love them, but as others have said the reality of day to day living requires you be committed to living as a woman (RLT like).

To assume you can spend much time in guy mode with a significant bust line is to deny reality.

This issue for me gets to the core of what am I?

Am I a cross-dresser, a future post-op transsexual, or just a devotee?

Honestly when I was younger I thought I was for sure TS but the reality of transitioning for me seems to be a bridge too far.

I would love it if I could just take a pill or be zapped by a machine and boom be female, but the real-world alternative for me seems way to hard.
    I know a label is not important, but it is important to know reality and plan accordingly.

So I dabble in cross-dressing, read TG related fiction and media and fantasize about the rest.
    Last edited by Postopadmirer; 05-26-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Platinum Member
    If its just the fantasy of having breasts I would guess that your a mid range TG...a TS person desperately needs to transition...it's not a matter of want. Be happy you have a choice!

You seem to have a pretty good handle on things. A realistic view is essential! I find that spending a few days a month and the occasional vacation as a woman is the bare minimum for me. If I ever retire I would like to spend up to 50% of my time female, but full time would be too much for my wife. As kim said, most TS are driven to transition and don't recommend it to others unless they are also driven to it.
    Sally

They have pretty much said it all, if you don't feel like you need to transition way down deep inside, I don't think it's for you, most of us have had that fantasy of having breast, but a size C bust stands out in a tee shirt, pretty hard to hide unless you are willing to wear them proudly 24/7.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I would love to have them! If not for the maintenance /lifespan/ reliability issue of implants I would have been saving up for them long time ago. I don't care that is is visible during "male mode", but for some it might be an issue... so for now I develop my own ( cannot speak about it here though), its not that much, but at least something.
    I don't know what you would call me/classify me as, but in my heart I would like to live full time as a woman, but practically its a bit difficult at times. I would think im transgendered though.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Of all the female attributes that I admire most, a little cleavage, okay a lot of cleavage, is pretty well at the top of my wish list! The only problem is that I'm just your average CD and am quite happy in boy mode. Out of 168 hours in a week I may only be dressed for 24 to 30 hours. The rest of the time, boobs are just in the way.

I have a standard response to people who ask if I want to become a woman. It fits well here. I don't want to become a woman, I wish I had been born one.

I am a genetic male and though there is a huge female side to me I identify as male so implants are not something I'd ever consider. I do often wonder if me identifying as male is a product of nearly 30 years living as one. I wonder what would have happened if I had been diagnosed with gender dysphoria at a young age and been given the support by my mother to do what felt right.

I think we would all like to try it out sometime.
    Most of us would want to go back.
    Really breasts are for women and silicone is for CD'ers.
    That is how I see it. All other views including yours seem to come to that conclusion anyway.
    It is nice to fantasise and we all do it to a degree.
    When it comes to the crunch tho".........
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The best way to decide if you can handle the implants, being part time, is put on a set the size you'd like, dress up as a guy. (plain white t shirt). And go for a walk in your town or mall. I've done it. Every single person, any age or gender noticed. It was fun, but not for the faint of heart. Try it!

Thanks for all the replies ...

I thank all of you for the replies.
    As some of you picked up this is a bigger issue for me than just about breasts.

As Kim pointed out and I don't know for sure how desperate I am to transition.
    I'm a VERY practical person and the more I learn about the reality of transitioning for me the more I'm put off by the effort.

That said I've been obsessed with being a girl since I first heard about Renee Richards as a teenager (Decades). It consumes a good fraction of my life.

Stacey seemed to convey a lot of how I'm feeling on this. Except I would want to become a woman if it was not so hard.

I've heard the advice to get counseling. I'm sure that is true, but I'm not sure I'll like the answer either way.

Thanks again all.

A good counsellor will not give you answers but help you find your own. Even so, you may not like yours either or....

My only thought about implants is the cost and that I would have foreign objects in my body. I might seriously consider stem cell augmentation from abdominal fat but there is the cost.

I already have natural B cup breasts and I stay away from white shirts since the outline of my bra would be visible.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I think that a lot of us are in the same boat. Living in the real world say no, but the desire to have real breasts is strong.

One of my friends has implants, but lives and works as a male. During the day, she keeps them bound and wears heavy shirts. Years ago, she started to transition, but ultimately changed her mind. She actually prefers her "middle" ground. Her case is very unusual, but it seems to work for her. I think that most of us would not be comfortable with that kind of situation.

I have come to the conclusion that if you were to transision, the best time to do it is early teens.

By the time you hit your late teens, puberty has occurred. If you wait til your mid twentys then you are starting out on your professional life. By the time you are in your thirtys, you are (typically) married and in the middle of your career. Forties and beyond, the focus is now on retiring.

If you do it early, then you don't run into the problems associated with a later transision. The hard part is making and being able to complete the transision early in life.
    One Week as XX - A Research Project - http://oneweekasxx.wordpress.com/

i often think what it would be like if i had implants.
    Let me check the rule book...oh there isn't one! Be yourself and have fun!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Postopadmirer View Post
    Bottom line - not sure where I am on tg spectrum right now...
    And that's perfectly fine. As long as you are comfortable with where you are, that's good. If something compells you to act, then that's the time to consider your options. But as long as nothing is pushing you to make some sort of decision, enjoy your situation as it is.

Like most, I think it would be so awesome to have implants but with the size I want, there'd be now way to cover it up. But there's always Photoshop for fun and fantasy:
    https://www.facebook.com/crossdresserfantasyphotos

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    The best way to decide if you can handle the implants, being part time, is put on a set the size you'd like, dress up as a guy. (plain white t shirt). And go for a walk in your town or mall. I've done it.
    I used to do that often... guess that means I am past ready

But more seriously, I would say that going for a walk in town or the mall is not enough to determine whether you are ready for implants. I would say that you are not ready for implants until you are willing to do that kind of test in the "important" places, such as at work, or with your spouse, or visiting your parents and siblings, or (if applicable) at church; or using whatever public washroom you would use after-implants. And if that sounds too scary or too risky, then how are you going to be able to go to those places once the implants are permanently in?

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    Every single person, any age or gender noticed. It was fun, but not for the faint of heart. Try it!
    I had the opposite reaction: most people did [I]not[I] seem to notice mine. When I was using forms in the C to DD range in public, the only people who expressed that they had noticed were (A) women who are or were bra salespeople; and (B) sales associates in clothing stores when I was talking to them about getting proper fits. It wasn't until I went to G that I got other comments ("You look great!" being the great majority of the sentiment.) In the C to DD range, some of the bra saleswomen would "Humph!" at me, but that turned out to be because they thought that range looked wrong as being too small for me!

But even so, I really don't think I would target G as the range for implants for me; my back wouldn't take it, and it would be too much of a jump psychologically. But it did look good
    Last edited by sandra-leigh; 05-30-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: fix quote

A few years ago I pondered the idea, but never took it too far because I knew it would be improbable. Nowadays I am happy with how my body is, I don't even wear breast forms that much anymore.

Transitioning is ALWAYS impracticable and an difficult idea. It only makes sense if not transitioning is a worse idea.

I think Lynn Marie had the best point. Until you are spending more time in a typical week as a female than as a male it seems not to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsayw2013 View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that if you were to transision, the best time to do it is early teens.

By the time you hit your late teens, puberty has occurred.
    Most youth are put on puberty blocking drugs to allow the body to grow more. Remember, the new vagina will only be as deep as the penis is long. And it allows more time to really consider the transition. During those years the mentality can change.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Platinum Member
    Hi Post Op, Be careful what you wish for.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm SURE me experience on this subject will be out in left field.

When I started dressing out of the blue over 15 years ago, I wanted implants and fantasized about SRS. When I got my silicone suit about 5 years ago it gave me the ability to see what having breasts feels and looks like. Even beyond that, I can see how I look and feel as a naked female! I know they aren't real, but soon after wearing my suit, all thots of having implants and SRS vanished.

Maybe because I can have breasts and a vagina of sorts whenever the mood strikes me? I'm certain this wouldn't work for most dressers. But, it does for me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality is what ever you want it to be... Practicality and situations make that more complicated but all those can b changed given time, effort and money... personally I always wanted breasts but I've been working for years on my own home grown non surgical non hormone breast enhancements which is no longer discussable here ....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos