Thread: Denier stockings / tights

Denier stockings / tights

hi eveyone, just wondering ive bought some lovely denier tights and stockings to go wih my high heels, but i am having difficulty getting them on properly because of the line at the back, is there a good way to put them on so the line goes up your legs properly ? i have .... well i think i have a lovely shape to my legs and i am liking the idea of showing them off a bit, but i want to get these things on right lol

As you thread them up your leg, keep the index fingers of the right and left hands along the line and use them to guide the line up your calf and thigh. Once all the way up, look in a full length mirror, and using the palms of your hands, gently rotate the entire stocking to finish the alignment. If your hands are really coarse, wear either vinyl or cloth gloves to avoid runs.

As an addendum to what Laura has said, I suggest you run an emery board over your nails so as they are smooth and do not snag the stockings.
    Laura,
    I commend you on a nice complete description, I could not explain it better myself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    When is the last time you saw a woman with seamed stockings on? In my case, I have never seen it in a real world location. When you go out, keep in mind that that the rarity of your outfit will draw stares. How much attention do you want?

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    The correct girdle or garter belt will have the rear suspender lined-up with the middle of your leg, so you make the connection at the seam.

You need a full length mirror, a good garter belt (6 straps minimum, the more the better), flexibility and practice. Secrets in Lace also has some videos to show you how to put them on properly.
    Jennifer, I was in Las Vegas and saw several women wearing seamed stockings. I noticed, but nobody else 'seamed' to be interested.

I must be old; I remember when seamed stockings were the norm.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

That's an age give away for sure Leah.I remember them being the "norm" also.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 51 View Post
    That's an age give away for sure Leah.I remember them being the "norm" also.
    Me too. OMG, I recall the girl sitting next to me in grade 10. She wore the shortest tightest skirts and heels every day with fishnets mostly, garter attachments showing when seated. All I could think about was how I wanted to wear them too. lol

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    There's probably nothing sexier on the planet than a short skirt over seamed stockings perched upon a pair of high heeled pumps. They are a lot more trouble than non seams, but they will get you noticed!

Me too - and I remember the rare privilege of being allowed to straighten my girlfriend's crooked seams.

Yes they were very popular in the early 60s and before. Then it was like someone snapped their finger and seamed hose were gone. I have seen a few women over the last few years wearing seamed hose but they were few and far between.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    When is the last time you saw a woman with seamed stockings on? In my case, I have never seen it in a real world location. When you go out, keep in mind that that the rarity of your outfit will draw stares. How much attention do you want?
    Oops sorry for walking right into you!!! My eyes were drawn and locked on to those nicely displayed legs that just passed me!
    Just don't see fabulous legs highlighted all that often these days, hope you forgive me!
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 05-30-2013 at 01:34 AM.