Thread: Maturity level of your femmeself

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar

Maturity level of your femmeself

Yesterday, I went out to the mall as Amy while Sabrina was asleep. I got a phone call from her as I was leaving, which she started with, "Where the hell are you?" Once I (hurriedly) got back home, I got a bit of a scolding, saying that I should at least have left a note.

Then, I did something else that might have been a little rash...I video-called my mother, still fully en femme, Amy-voice and all. She looked like she was doing well with it, but I think I freaked her out a bit, because I'd just come out to her a couple of weeks ago. It's one thing to be told you have a daughter of sorts, it's another thing for her to just call up on video. I spoke to her today, apologizing if I'd freaked her out. She said she was OK, it'd just take her a bit to get used to the idea.

Basically, it's looking like Amy has about the maturity level of a teenage girl, whether this is due to pink fog or other causes. Sabrina recognizes this, and has already appointed herself "surrogate mom" to try and keep Amy in line. But it's something I'll have to keep in mind as I become more confident being Amy, especially in public.

Do any of you have a similar problem with your femmeselves being somewhat immature? How did you cope with it, assuming you did? And, if you've been through that stage and already "matured," is there anything special that you did to gain this maturity? Or will it just take more time in the femme role?

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Anything would seem mature compared to my male self. Marlene is the adult in this equation.

Sounds to me more like working out the boundaries, always a challenge now this is acceptable.
    Don't be so hard on yourself, a bit more clarity through the haze needed
    And don't worry - talking to myself too.
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

I am pretty much the same either way. I have a pretty good head on my shoulders. Just wish they were smaller shoulders.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Amy, if I recall correctly, you've been going out just a short time now. I'm sure the fledgling is still exercising the wings. You'll settle down soon and all will be well.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Great thread Amy. Yes, Jules is probably thirty years less mature that her twin brother... She likes short skirts, no bra, likes to drink, is flirty, likes bright colors, drives faster, likes her hair long and blonde, etc, etc... Jules is young and inexperienced, and just a girl having fun. Will she mature...? We hope not...LOL
    Hugs, Jules

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Isn't it simply a matter of compromising, Amy?

I'm over 60 y/o. But, Sherry's only about 16. So, we split the difference.

Accordingly, I aim to appear to be about 29 in many of my looks.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Amy,
    I am quite often like an eighteen year old, don't let your youth escape you.
    Girls just gotta' have fun.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliea661 View Post
    Great thread Amy. Yes, Jules is probably thirty years less mature that her twin brother... She likes short skirts, no bra, likes to drink, is flirty, likes bright colors, drives faster, likes her hair long and blonde, etc, etc... Jules is young and inexperienced, and just a girl having fun. Will she mature...? We hope not...LOL
    Hugs, Jules
    Hmmm .... seems about right. But Michelle being immature? No way!! Just young at heart and making up for missing her younger years.

I never grew up and it is too late to start...for both of us.

It comes in spurts sometimes, especially if we have a lot of "growing up" to do in a short time. Once we get in touch with the feelings, it's really a skill to shoe horn it all into a life that's trying to fulfill another role. I think we are the ultimate in multi-taskers. If we are successful, we take it all in stride.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm fairly calculating and far less impulsive than a teen. After years of making stupid, rash mistakes, I've learned to weigh out beforehand the potential consequences and risks of my actions. I will take a calculated risk, but do so with open eyes.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT
    Do any of you have a similar problem with your femmeselves being somewhat immature? How did you cope with it, assuming you did? And, if you've been through that stage and already "matured," is there anything special that you did to gain this maturity? Or will it just take more time in the femme role?
    I’m so alert to danger, or my senses are so tuned to my surroundings, that I have ZERO time for immaturity. Of course, I began to crossdress later than most. OK, I giggle now and then…

That's part of the beauty of it.When in female mode I look,feel,talk,and act considerably younger.Not really immature,just younger.

Just the act of dressing as a female doesn't change your age at all. Makeup might make you look a few years younger, but your mind is the same age one way or the other. If your dressing causes you to think differently or forget to do things, you need to work on that before you get yourself in trouble.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I consider myself immature in all modes which is okay. You really should try to be cautious when going out though. Pick your battles wisely and have fun without getting into trouble in the real world. Hugs Jaymee

Linda, I can't agree with you one iota. There is no way that I am the same person when I am able to dress. I do feel younger; I do feel sexier and I know I am a better person. No way do I feel like I am "heading for trouble". Norah

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    *giggles wickedly* My S/O often calls me her petulant 18-year old lol Eh.... its about going out, having fun all the while doing our best to stay safe

*hugs
    Beth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth