Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it like to meet a fellow Cross Dresser in person.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I my experience I've never met another dresser that was overly: aggressive, pushy, obnoxious, boring, or nasty! And, I've met so many since coming out of my closet on line over 5 years ago. Most, I find to be quite remarkable people.

Don't be paranoid of anyone u meet on regular CD sites such as this. I missed meeting a few who could have become friends, locally, when I first came on line. Because I was worried they mite "hit on me"! Sigh!

Do be paranoid of men who want to meet u. Or, anyone that u meet on your fem Facebook site!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm new at this(64yrs old)2yrsxdressing and I have been venturing going in public,walked thru the mall,go to my therapist
    enfemme most of the time.My wife is okay with me and we go to local LBGTCD club together,nice to have a person to talk with. Two weeks ago I went by myself to a drag show(Bella Streets Broadway Bombshells) but really didn't meet any one
    ( still terrified).
    This past Friday went to the same club to hang by the piano bar.Felt more comfortable singing and talking to everyone.
    I guess I could say officially met another CDer we were both dressed prettyi nice.
    Eydie actually sat next to me at the bar.We talked and sang about two or three hours.I felt like a teen on his first date.
    We exchanged numbers when we left,didn't go home together oh we'll.
    Yeah that was pretty fun,I will contact Eydie again.
    I am comfortable at this club (RainBow Mountain in the Poconos)and am looking forward to going more often
    JackieOhNo

I have met several but only 1 from this site. I spend most on my time on Flickr. There the gurls all want to have sexual relations. But here it is much tamer. The few I met from Flickr I had great experiences with just coffee at a shop or lunch or even had dinner with one. Then the two others we met and boom we making out and going at it and they both did oral on me and I stroked them it was the best times of my life last year. I am hoping this summer repeats itself. It's all what you want to get out of it Friendship or more. But have fun and be safe.
    The shorter the skirt and higher the heel makes this girl happy.

Since I'm only out to like 5 ish people (and only will think about dressing in front of my SO), the idea of telling someone else seems terrifying. But I know that if I ever do it would be really nice to connect I person with someone who can relate and can be more natural around.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I've met many from this forum, and can say that it's been a wonderful and rewarding experience. We've met both dressed and drab. It's allways a great time to talk about our journey through life. I would encourage anyone to take the opportunity. The best therapy you can have for the price of a cup of coffee or a meal .
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca W.
    What is it like to meet a fellow Cross Dresser in person. I spend more time thinking about Cross Dressing than actually doing it. That needs to change.
    Someday I hope to meet another CD in person. BTW, these days I spend more time writing about crossdressing than actually doing it – back in the good old days (before I joined this site), I was a veritable Kathi Lake

I have never met a fellow CDer in person. However, I do believe I traded "looks" with one at a DSW shoe store a few days ago.

I have met up with a bunch of T minded girls from this forum. It is all good! Some you warm to and some not so much,but it is always a good thing to meet others from the same playground. Just do it!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Quote Originally Posted by marlenesexton View Post
    Great question Rebecca. I almost meet some CDer's at a get together in Vegas years ago but I just wasn't ready. I've always wondered what it might be like. Part of me thinks it would be awkward. I'm probably over thinking it. I enjoying reading the responses.

My question is do these meetings take on masculine, relaxed tone. Men dressed as women talking about sports and drinking beer. Or are they generally more feminine, with everyone in "character", sipping white wine and talking about clothes. Of course, I generalize and something tells me it depends on the company. Both scenarios are appealing and scary at the same time.
    In my experience, it has been mostly girl talk. What you're wearing, where did you get it, etc. Also talk about wives and SO and what they think about you crossdressing. I've also met wives/SOs of crossdressers, maybe half a dozen or more and a couple of unattached GGs who just like to hang with us.

As a good example, you see a lot more hugs than hand shakes when a new girl arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    I have met up with a bunch of T minded girls from this forum. It is all good! Some you warm to and some not so much,but it is always a good thing to meet others from the same playground. Just do it!
    Like anyone else you may meet, some girls you may really hit it off with and others not so much. I've "recruited" several girls into our DC Sisters group, either met online or some other venue.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Thanks for the insight Steffi, I guess it would make sense to talk about the things that you would both relate to. Especially since there aren't that many people to openly relate to.
    Last edited by luca; 05-27-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: wrong name

Luca

If you don't know many people that you can openly relate to, you can make a choice to change that.

I've attended the Keystone conference for the past two years. This year they were about 450 CD/TG/TS girls there.

I'm a member of several local groups that often have Girls Nights Out with 15 to 30 girls in attendance. We always try to arrange a special reception when an out-of-town gierl is in town.

I've also made arrangements to meet with other groups when I'm out of town on business.

And I've also made arrangements to meet several CDs one-on-one in guy mode, because that's what works.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have met three from here Amanda Q,Jean Marie and Nicole Erin and were very nice.All very different but sweet people none the less.
    You pretty much talk about family stuff and regular things most everyone talks about. We are regular people right?
    I joined a trans support group and have made some great friends there too.
    Set guidelines for the meet up so both know where you stand about hook ups.
    Always check the persons profile because you never know and never answer a Craig's List add for a meet up because you have no idea what they are looking for.
    Remember you don't have to dress up you can meet in guy mode too.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-31-2013 at 05:30 PM.

I belong to a group in Sacramento, CA call the River City Gems. They have a monthly meeting where newbies and ol' timers meet in drab and get to know a little about each other. It is meant for girls like me who haven't come out yet, or are still anxious and the meeting acts to bridge the fear of "am I the only one".

I have gone on to four of the RCGs socials and still attend the "Drab Gab" meetings. The group is great, either in drab or femme. I have had lunch with another girl in this thread, in drab, and while we did talk about some girl stuff, we mostly talked about being 66 and what to do with ourselves.

Don't be afraid to reach out to another girl. Just remember, they were where you are now, just a while ago!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Thank you for all of the nice replies so far to my question. It will help me to get out and to meet some fellow cross dressers. Sometimes, you just need the support of friends to help you to dress with more confidence. I will use all of your advice to make the first meeting, a safe one.

Thank you very much!

Years ago I met someone from close by in an ad in Tapestry Magazine. We exchanged quite a few letters before we both felt comfortable meeting each other. We met halfway at a MacDonalds. We had a pleasant chat that lasted almost two hours but what disappointed me was that she didn't really want to talk about the things we had in common. I was greatly disappointed in that. We continued corresponding and I did see her a few more times after that. One was at a support group meeting where she came in drab. I was in my womanly best that night. I wrote her I think two more times but she never got back to me again.

I also met two other CDers at about the same time. The one wasn't afraid to share anything while the other one had some very strange ideas. The first one was having marital difficulties and after about two months I never heard from her again either.

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    Most of my experience meeting others involves transgender support groups. I think the support groups are above board, safe for you and a great way for your significant other to meet other SO's.

But one-on-one face-to-face meeting with another crossdresser is a whole 'nother animal. You'll be fine while you are in a public place but going to the other person's home or hotel room is fraught with peril (depending on what you seek).

1) I set up a drab meeting with a person I had corresponded with via snail-mail (before the internet). When he was visiting my town, we met in the lounge at his hotel. The conversation gave no hint of his intentions until he blurted out that he wanted us to go to his room where he would get dolled up, then perform a sex act on me. I declined his offer and never heard from him again.

2) A friend from a support group visited my home so she could get dressed for a speaking engagement at a local college. I did not hear any odd sounds from the bathroom, but after she left, I could smell something that had gotten away from her. I never did find it but could smell it for weeks.

3) I met with a lovely t-girl after months of emails. We met at her home before going out for dinner and shopping. Upon returning to her home, a bit of small talk led to a kiss that was much more passionate than I expected from a gal pal.

Elsa
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

I'm a firm believer in talking a lot. If they can hold a steady conversation then I would meet. Last thing I want to do is meet someone that can't hold a conversation without mentioning sex. Although in my side work I have met many trans people for work. And occasionally that was specifically for sex acts. I should say this was cam modeling and not prostitution. We would perform and then talk the rest of the day. It was strictly professional so the intentions were known from the start.

I too have met some other girls in real life. I've enjoyed each experience and have met some really fantastic people! My first time out was to a local TG support group and I had a wonderful time! Everyone was really nice and welcoming, I was very comfortable there. Unfortunately I haven't been since because life has gotten in the way every meeting day since then, I'm hoping this month I'll be able to make it again though.

I have met out at clubs with other girls a few times, though none that I had met from here. The first time I think there might have been a small amount of confusion as to why I wanted to meet, which was just friendship on my part. When I explained that though everything was fine. We chat regularly online via email and would like to go out again whenever schedules allow as we both had a very nice time just being out and about.

I think someone else here has already said that meeting in person is a lot different than just online, and it is. Way different because you're in person, it's hard to describe.... Me personally I love going out and meeting other people, it's validation I suppose. That I'm real, this is a big part of me, and that it's ok to be me.

I can offer my opinion on this being that I recently met up with someone here. I stayed with them and their housemates for the weekend and I loved it. I made some really cool new friends. This is just my experiences on the subject.

But onto the first meeting. We both met in guy mode because it wasn't a good idea for either of us to be out en femme at the time. Anyway, once we got back I got changed and spent the remainder of my time there dressed until it was time to leave. We had a chat about problems only us CDers face and also spoke about clothes and wigs. But we also chatted about things we like, TV shows, games, expo etc. We had got to know eachother on here first so we did get on quite well before we met. I've found as nice as it is having people to talk to through chat or messages nothing beats meeting a fellow CDer in person. You can share stories properly and even help one another with makeup tips etc. I was nervous at first because I would be dressed in front of others but I'm always like that the first time.

Now mine was a friendly meeting. Very social. It was a risk as some people aren't what they say when online. Sometimes people are looking for hookups etc. It's an obvious statement but be sure of what you want beforehand. Just be cautious and if you only want to meet new friends then don't do anything you're not comfortable with. I know, it sounds really silly me saying that. But it's just they way it is and I think you probably know that already.

Although I'm not part of any groups I have heard many of them mentioned here and I think that is a good way to go. You'll meet lots of likeminded people in a safe place where you would be welcomed more so than some other places.
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyfaye View Post
    It was a risk as some people aren't what they say when online. Sometimes people are looking for hookups etc. It's an obvious statement but be sure of what you want beforehand. Just be cautious and if you only want to meet new friends then don't do anything you're not comfortable with. I know, it sounds really silly me saying that. But it's just they way it is and I think you probably know that already.
    You were pretty brave coming to meet me and my housemates really, I could have been a maniac for all you know haha
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Aspiring Member
    Several years ago I met a local CD through Tapestry magazine not far from me. Our friendship progressed to having dinners as couples with our wives. They have since moved far away and my friend has transtioned and is just about "6-yrs-old" in her new life. And even yesterday we spoke on the phone and had plenty of laughs. Some years ago she and I went to a couple meetings of a local support group and I met many. One other is still a friend. What I found for myself is a comon theme here that reflects what wives of CD's might experience--- A little shock.

Now don't take this the wrong way because I certainly cannot cast stones myself. But I was somewhat taken aback to see some who would be perceived as obvious males wearing female clothes. Some were extremely passable and some were in transition. It was very different but I was able to quickly understand that everyone was mostly just like me. I did my best with makeup and a dress I made myself to present the best I could. But something inside me tugged at my heart. I felt badly for the 6'-6" sister of mine who had so many manly features knowing that deep within that shell was someone who identified as female. I still talk with her and love her with respect as a friend. I still feel so bad for our sisters who struggle to make the best of this. Living with this, I think, has made me a better person to accept people who are somehow different than what people perceive as a norm. I think we're all lucky to be the way we are in that sense. I think this makes us more caring and loving, as it should be in every part of our lives.

Cheryl Ann

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I was as nervous as hell before meeting my first fellow CD'er. Then, of course, I found CD'ers are no different from other folk; some you hit it off with immediately and others are a pain in the b***!!! But that is nothing to do with the fact they dress; it is just some people click and others don't.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

This thread interested me because as one who is in the closet but who from time to time gets the opporttunity to spend a few days as Helen away from home I have pondered what it would be like to meet up with a kindrid spirit.
    I'm not yet confident enough despite making sorties out in public to say meet up dressed in a pub or eatery. That aside, I wonder how I would act, speech and manerism wise? I would hate to appear"camp", overly exaggerated mannerisms. Counter that with being dressed but talking and acting as I would if in the pub with mates seems equally perverse.
    It's a bridge I need to cross if I'm to travel further down the road of better understanding of myself but I fear there are trolls awaiting.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I would love to meet crossdressers someday like in uk or in a club setting or around my area how ever I was too scared

Before I joined my current support group (Pathways) , I met several cds at a convention called Fetish Con in Tampa Florida. I go there every year and at this one party in the ballroom I began chatting with several gorgeous cds. Unfortunately, I wasn't dressed up so it felt a little awkward talking with them about dressing and being in public but they were all pretty cool and very nice. Years later I'm finally going to be all dressed up for the Fetish Ball this year and all my friends are telling me they can't wait to see me, lol!
    -Audrey