Thread: What a surprise for my Birthday ! .....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD

Question What a surprise for my Birthday ! .....

I ment , What ?, a surprise for my Birthday ? I'm not big on celebrating my Birthday (child hood issues, I was traumatized by a cake when I was young , LOL) We'll it was May 17th was, but we were so busy renovating a house, that it just zipped by. Jeannie asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I stuck my best Miss America pose and deadpanned "Whorled Peas !" . She then threw my best makeup brush at me as she snorted milk thru her nose, then said "no you silly, What are you doing July 13th ?" I replied " You know I have a hard time planning 8 minutes from now much less a month from now", She said "Don't make any plans for that day, we have plans for about 5-6 hours", then she walked off . OK so my questions is How do I get her to tell me ? Waterboarding ?, Hypnosis ? Bribes ? Threaten her stuffed animals ? Now we do not normally take day trips, so what do yo think it could be ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

A total and wonderful day at a spa -- getting the works!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Sherrie,

Ohh what a guess ! I asked her, she said no, No day at the spa. I've never had a spa trip, What do they do soak, massage and out the door ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Yes, with a stop at he cash register before you leave. Just make sure you are your prettiest or handsomest on the appointed day. Good luck, Happy Birthday and have a great time.

Gold Member
    Well, you could check the bank/credit card statements for reservations. I would wait. The surprise makes it great and you let her have her fun.

You will just have to wait!
    Now don't jump up and down, that won't work either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    With the date being so specific, I would think that likely there is an Event, such as a Strawberry Social, or a Bridal Show, or Presidential Summer Gathering, or a Whale-Watching Tour. (As random examples.)

Firstly, what are 'Whorled peas' ? lol

Secondly, don't try and find out what the surprise is. Definitely much more enjoyable for you both if you let her surprise you. She may tell you closer to the date, otherwise, just wait! :P (unintended rhyming lol)

Thirdly, could be a massive shopping day trip or spending 6 hours picking mushrooms in pitch black caves...or something just plain awesome

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Zaack,

Visualize World Peas.

Kelly, I know what it is and I'm not tellin" LOL

But I'll give you a hint of what it "might" be. Let's see, 5 or 6 hours huh? Sounds like a fitting is arranged for a bridal gown. Next a makeover and a surprize wedding ceremony with you as the bride among some close friends that know about you.

See how easy that was? Or am I putting a wish or dream of mine into over-drive? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Zaack,

Visualize World Peas.
    -face palm- Duh. Thank you

Aspiring Member
    Kelly, I hope you don't find out beforehand because that would spoil the fun for Jeannie. Just wait with suspense and let her know it's eating away at you! LOL! HMMMM, July 13th is a Saturday. There's a possible clue you can wonder about. Let her enjoy the surprise with you! DO report back!!!

Cheryl Ann

It is probably much more fun not knowing until the day, but keep asking her - that's fun too.

I also was traumatized but my parents as a kid. One year (about age 12) we were at my grandmothers house a day before my birthday and we went to the grocery. My mother asked what type of cake I wanted. I said chocolate with chocolate icing! My mother said, "no, I don't like that, you'll have a yellow cake with coconut icing".
    Stephanie

The anticipation must be delicious. I'm sure she is enjoying watching you squirm. I am excited for the 13th to arrive so we can all find out.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Just checked back in to see what was what, thinking June 13th. But July 13th! Nearly three more weeks. I don't know how you are handling this. This anticipation is getting to me and the present isn't even for me. Has your wife let it slip yet?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Talking I got a Photoshoot and a Dress for my Birthday !

Jeannie let the Dress out of the Box this weekend ! She was kind enough to arrange a photoshoot with Amanda at Tru Colors and a dress . What a nice gift. Jeannie I love you hon. We have been rehabbing a house we purchased, and during the painting phase we were talking about high school and what prom was like. She told me about hers, the good time she had, Well I did not have the opportunity to go to prom, because I joined the Navy in my Junior year of high school, i missed prom. So it looks like I'm going to the prom ! or at the very least getting the photos LOL.

60065-fiesta-fashion-peacock-dress-royal.1.jpg 60065-fiesta-fashion-peacock-dress-royal.2.jpg60065-fiesta-fashion-peacock-dress-royal.3.jpg60065-fiesta-fashion-peacock-dress-royal.4.jpg

Heres the Dress at home. It looks like I'll need to do a little alteration, but i'm sooooo happy. Thanks Hon
    IMG373.jpg
    Last edited by Kelly DeWinter; 07-01-2013 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

That is one georgeouse dress, Kelly!
    I'm sure that you would be the bell of the ball in it.

Now , that's an idea, Who's up for a ball ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57