Thread: Starting my First Look

Question Starting my First Look

Hello everyone, I have been interested in crossdressing for quite some time now and just haven't worked up the courage to do so. As well as that, I have been browsing online for months to find what I should get. I would hate to have saved up the money to start dressing and end up with something that does not fit my body. If there are any websites, tutorials, etc that you all could direct me to to attempt creating my first look that would be great. As well as that, a checklist of what is needed would be very very helpful.

Also, some tips on what to do/what not to do would be much appreciated. The hair/wig style and color is a big concern for me.

I apologize for the vague post and the absence of pictures, I am still trying to be discrete. If it helps though, I am college student at 20 with completely buzzcut light brown/dark blonde hair 160lbs and 5'9". I am hoping my female look could fit in with my age and body type.

Thank you

Wig I say go with something as close to your natural hair color and if you have a thick neck go shoulder length at minimum.
    Clothes wise (this is the fun part) you have to go shopping. SHOP AT THRIFT STORES and if you have a friend who is a girl you can tell and is willing let them. Only if you are comfortable.Also check out this link and find your body type www.youlookfab.com. Most men are an inverted triangle.
    Makeup just youtube it. You shouldn't need a whole lot of that.

With your weight and height you should be fine finding cute clothes. When it comes to clothes dress our age (I'm 22), but not ****ty because that might give you away.

I just got out of college. are you in ROTC.

Good luck and PM when you hit ten posts.

Alexis

That's is a big help! I do want to go for the ****ty look but I wan't a look that passes and that can also go out in. Any suggestions?

No ROTC, but 90% of my male friends are service members.

Fair enough I see why you have to keep it discreet. Also with makeup checkout TAZ.com as well. You should be able to play around on that site as well. What sites have you been browsing for CDing?

Mostly here and youtube videos. The majority of the videos I watch are mtf transformations and I am trying to find someone who looks like I do "before" and I am thinking of copying the look after. When I search in google I have trouble finding tips and guides. As well as that, I've taken suggestions from different online store such as thebreastformstore.com and cross-dress.com.

Go to the major clothing stores website like macy's, Pennys and wal mart and look for clothes.....on an item there is a link to a size chart. Measure your hips, waist at the belly button and around your chest (with bra and forms on if possible) and use those measurements to find the correct size for you. Warning though...read the user comments because sometimes the sizes are off a size or three.
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 05-27-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Honesty is also a good thing. If you go to some stores and get an offer from an SA, be honest and tell her that you are looking for something for yourself. I know it is like yanking out heart but it gets easier. Be polite and discreet. Some will help and others will point you in a direction and walk away. Dress Barn is a good place to get assistance. I have also gotten some help at Victoria's. Thrift stores like Goodwill, Unique and Savers are good place to get decent clothes at cheap prices. Some of them have unattended fitting rooms which make it easy to try things on. Kohls is another place I like to go. They aren't too expensive, have good clothes and if you grab a few guy clothes and use the mens fitting rooms, no one is the wiser. As for buying, ask for a gift receipt for the female items and they will assume you are buying for a girlfriend but most Cashiers don't care at all.

Pay attention to what the girls are wearing that you see. It is about blending in. Good Breast forms are a must but I have found the Nu-bra sold at Target and Macys works great. I bought both an B and C size and add them together to give me the size and fit. A good wig is also necessary, google wig salons and again be honest. They prefer honesty to help better serve us. You'll do fine and I look forward to seeing some pictures someday.

Banned Read only
    You'll most likely be a size 12 in dresses. Probably a size 10 in skirts.

You need to try out privately before you let any friends know.
    With all the advice here you should be able to make a decision on dress and go try it out in a mall awayfrom your home stamping ground.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I can tell you from personal experience that don't buy clothes that look good on the female model, not matter how desperately you want to. Buy the clothes that look goo on you and your body type. I tried for years to fit into dresses with a traditional waist line. With my gut, that just doesn't work. Moving to a higher waist, empire I believe is one style, and what a difference. I'm still a big girl, but the dresses fit. An OK dress that fits right looks way better than a spectacular dress that looks wrong.

I don't necessarily agree with dressing and wearing your hair for your age. Many natural woman where their hair long into their 50s and 60s and dress young for their age nowadays. As long as it's not overdone, you might be able to pull it off. Everyone is different and it sounds like you have a ways until it's an issue. You have the body and the youth to have a lot of fun. Good for you!

I shop at regular girl shops or dept stores. Makeup from cheap chain store.
    I don't do online as you never know how it will fit
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz