Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your most memorable compliment?

What was your most memorable compliment?

I stop by a thrift store once a week to look for bargains. Over the years I have found some great outfits at rock bottom prices. The lady there knows me but has never ask or questions why I buy woman's clothes.

One day last November I came in to the thrift store wearing a black suit. When I said hi she replied hello back politely. She didn't read me. When she finally recognized me, she said "OMG you look gorgeous!". The best part was the next week when I came into the store in drab she told that the other clerk didn't believe that the tall woman was actually a man!
    The absolute best was as I was leaving she told me "you should be a woman, you're a better woman than most women I know!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Mine was a little different. Had dinner out with 6 CD girlfriends about a month ago at a classy mainstream restaurant. The hostess was a delightful little gal who came over during dinner to visit. We flirted a little. On the way out afterwards, she actually climbed up on a chair in the waiting area to give me a hug! I thought that was a pretty good compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Mine was a little different. Had dinner out with 6 CD girlfriends about a month ago at a classy mainstream restaurant. The hostess was a delightful little gal who came over during dinner to visit. We flirted a little. On the way out afterwards, she actually climbed up on a chair in the waiting area to give me a hug! I thought that was a pretty good compliment.
    That was quite a compliment Lynn, it was like her saying I accept you as a woman!

I was standing in Belk looking at dresses, they had a long maxi dress on display by the aisle and I was looking at it. A couple came walking toward me and I over heard the man say "I like that one" then the woman said in a catty voice "the dress or the blond?" At first I didn't know what to think, then later after thinking about it I must have looked good enough to her to spark up her jealous bone so I am taking it as a compliment.

Can't really repeat that here Hon but let's just say my second most memorable compliment was "You are beautiful. You are a princess." And I thought "Yeah, what do you want?"
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think my biggest compliment was one time walking in town on a nice spring morning in a light skirt. I passed two huys walking the other way and noticed something every woman must have noticed as one guy lowered his gaze to check out my legs. I thought, "Yes!"

Hannah

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56
    What was your most memorable compliment?
    “You’re so adorable!”

When I met my first actual drag queen and she told me that I was so naturally fem
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

being called gorgeous and asked if i was married. made my week.
    Let me check the rule book...oh there isn't one! Be yourself and have fun!

Umm, can't be repeated here...
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

Oh yes Kim getting another woman jealous has got to the ultimate validation, Hmmmm? I wonder if that guy "really" liked the dress??? LOL

As I was leaving the examining room, after my semi annual Dr's visit ( I had come in fully dressed for the first time), Walked out the door touching my hair into place and one of her nurses said, "don't worry about it. Your really pretty". Made my day!!

Bobbi

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica 1 View Post
    When I met my first actual drag queen and she told me that I was so naturally fem
    Yup, i know that feeling. I t happened to me as well. I was giddy all day.

My most memorable compliments occur when I am not recognized dressed when in a store that I know the sales assistants intimately as a man.
    The more I have to prompt them the greater is my feeling of success.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

when I sent sort of a whiny email to my closest GG friend, and her reply started off "Look Sweetie, woman to woman it is time for you to grow up, be a big girl, and start making some tough choices"

Mine was both exhilarating AND scary. I was in a movie theater. There were only a few people watching the movie (Tangled). After the movie finished, a man with his 6 year old daughter asked me where a Walmart was. I didn't know exactly and I told him so. Then, HE HIT ON ME asking if I wanted to go for coffee. I politely refused telling him I'm married. He asked for my number. I said no & high tailed it out of there. Kind of creepy hitting on a woman with your daughter there.....
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Banned Read only
    There have been very, very few, but my most "memorable" was when I was walking from my hotel to the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. I'm waiting at the crosswalk and a I see a guy staring at me and then approach. He says, "Excuse me, I don't me to be rude..." and now I'm waiting for him to call me out in public and tell me how I'm kidding myself, but he continues,"...those are some damn fine legs you have." and he walks away. I really didn't know what to make of it. I think a woman would find it to be rather "rude." But for me, it was a sign of pass-ability.

Now, maybe the best compliment I received was yesterday while at the salon getting my wig trimmed. The woman helping me said, "Your make up is perfect, very natural. Did you have electrolysis?" Well, I hadn't had any electrolysis so it says my coverup was working. And the way the makeup conversation came up, I didn't think she was "selling" me. Just a natural, easy compliment.

Smile

Being called "ma'am" when in drab!

"Your lingerie is nicer than MINE!"

Deedee

Mine was from my wife. She didnt intend for it to be a compliment, but i couldnt take it any other way. I had been shaving my legs for a few weeks and she had noticed. She told me that my legs were too tanned and toned and looked sexier than hers and she found it intimidating. Then of course she asked me to stop shaving them. Since no one else outside of people in this forum have seen me dressed, not even my wife, the compliments are limited. I thought the way she asked me to stop was a decent compliment though.

Mine was when a friend told me that girls pants would fit better on my skinny legs ^^ don't know if she mind it as a compliment but it made me smile
    "Fashion is neither moral or immoral, but it is for rebuilding the morale" Karl Lagerfeld

I was in a wig shoppe getting a new wig, and a woman that was shopping in there told me my hair was beautiful, and asked if it was real. Made me absolutely giddy.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Walking into a crowded restaurant and having a GG patron give me a second look and say, "My God, you look hot!"
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Made an appointment to get a new wig at a womens hairdressers that had a wig shop upstairs that was advertised as CD friendly. As I approached the store from a long distance I could see the male proprietor standing at the door watching me (I found out he always did this so as to whisk his CD clients upstairs quickly in order that they would not meet his GG clients) When I entered the store he looked really nervous until he realised who I was. He explained later that he assumed I was a GG and was worried that I would be at the door at the same time as his CD client and have some explaining to do. He also told me that I was the most realistic CD he had ever met and obviously he had met many. Considering I was wearing my crappy old wig when he first saw me I was really pleased.

I haven't been out dressed yet so none of those kind of complimets, but three times (that I know of) I've been mistaken for woman while in guy mode, once by someone who knew me personally. Makes me feel like I might almost be able to pass some day.
    "Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairytales"
    You can read my blog if you like, or peruse my photos if you feel like it.