Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advantages to getting old

Advantages to getting old

I noticed as I approach 60 that my facial hair has turned white instead of the dark black it used to me and that my 5 o’clock shadow is not as noticeable as it once was.

This very evident yesterday when I was out with my wife in made mode, i.e. no makeup or breast forms. I was wearing, long dangling earrings, a necklace, a woman’s V-neck tee shirt and nail polish. We went out to dinner late in the day and I had not shaven for over 12 hours.

Normally, one look at my face the servers at the restaurant would know I was a guy. However, we were greeted with Hello Ladies and I was Mam’d several times during dinner.

Richelle

Aspiring Member
    I hear you Richelle! I'm 60, and there is an advantage for us. In the past few years I've noticed my features and my skin softening, less shaving, and with lower T levels my breasts have grown to almost a b cup. My doc prescribed T gel because on my last lab work my T levels are WAY down. I have to say that I don't use the gel. My Adam's apple has also shrunk to be far less noticable. I'm actually enjoying it even with reduced libido. My wife and I don't miss that while we can still be very intimate. I'm less driven as a male and instead I'm enjoying some of the finer things including all things feminine. It seems like I'm transitioning without trying. LOL! I have no problem with it! My life has never been better! My wife loves it all too!

Cheryl Ann

Yes, age has its advantages when compared to youth, like that graying hair (I prefer my darker natural color), more aches and pains in new places, like every other month a new surprise, thinning of leg hair, better attitude about life and this lifestyle ("I just don't give a damn, Charlotte!"), more free time for us retirees, and hopefully a bit more money to be able to indulge in special things, whatever they may be.

This reminds me of the opposite: advantages to being young: my facial hair isn't fully opaque, it grows slowly, and I don't have anywhere NEAR a full beard yet.

I am in my mid 50's and I dread getting old. I wish society was as open 25 to 30 years ago as it is now. I regret that I lost what probably could have been my best years as Danielle.

I'd trade all my age advantages, perceived or otherwise.... to be 24 and have a killer body.... be wrinkle free..... and have a wicked slap shot! sigh...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Oh to be 30 and a fulltime CD ! But I'll accept who I am !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I can get the seniors discount at the drug store and anywhere they discount for being over 55.

Other than that everything else sucks.lol.

For anyone over 50, McDonalds will sell you a "senior coffee" for 50 cents!
    But other than that, aging sucks.
    Stephanie

I wish I had bought Microsoft in 1983!
    I wish I didn't lose $4,000,000 in the real estate crash of 1989!
    I wish...
    I wish...

I AM GLAD I DISCOVERED MIKI six months ago and I am letting her fly - if only from branch to branch right now!

I am glad...
    I am glad...

Come on girls, your future is tomorrow, not yesterday.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Platinum Member
    One advantage of being an old cross dresser is that the grey wig will easily match the grey sideburns. Hair is much finer or non existent on the legs. As you get older that mustache may be accepted by more people. Doesn't everyone's eighty year old grandmother have a mustache???

Oh yeah... Being young is such a curse! LOL
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Oh yeah... Being young is such a curse! LOL

Darn you Kelly, another reminder! Wanna use my senior discount for anything?

Our features soften and women as the get older tend to get more angular and wrinkled. It does make it easier to pass. However I'm getting tired of people telling me I remind them of their old aunt, I still want to be the foxy niece LOL.

Being young is one curse that I would gladly accept.But by my being an "old broad", but I do get seats on the bus.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

If you're truly a woman, regardless of age, you look in the mirror and say: "Damn, I look good." That's my philosophy. I can't worry about what I may or may not have looked, in my 20s or 30s.

Norah

Norah,
    I agree 100%, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I always thought getting old is better than the alternative.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'd trade all my age advantages, perceived or otherwise.... to be 24 and have a killer body.... be wrinkle free..... and have a wicked slap shot! sigh...
    I hear ya Karen. Send me back to my 20's. Ill take youth over age ANY day.
    Erica

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    What I got is all I get, and no going back. Only found myself 19 months ago, and am still very much enjoying what i really am at age 66. i will never look like a young hottie, but that's not gonna stop me from thinking like it. Every age has its own set of advantages, but no "if I only knew then what I know now" aka if I had the bod now that I did then, thinking allowed. Live, love, and enjoy yourself.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I'm shorter than I use to be so now there are lots of females near my height or taller. There is a significant senior break on property taxes in Texas so that may be the best advantage. I'd trade it all to be young again.

As one ol sailor once said "I's ams what I ams". No need to waste anytime on what coulda woulda shoulda....

Beside, youth is wasted on the young.

End of drama....now where's my senior discount??? LOL...

Renne.....

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle/Mo View Post
    I am in my mid 50's and I dread getting old. I wish society was as open 25 to 30 years ago as it is now. I regret that I lost what probably could have been my best years as Danielle.
    Don't worry too much about it--by the looks in your avatar and personal page pics you have more than a few good years left
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Age is just a number. I am young at 59 and plan to be younger next year. Well except for wrinkles as Karren suggested. As for my slap shot.............I dont know what the $#&^% that is.... something to do with field hockey I think.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    There r only 2 advantages to being an old CD. And, those r having the time and money to dress when and the way, u want! As long as u u didn't decide to get married and have kids in your late forties! (What was I thinking? Oh, yeah! I hadn't started dressing back then!)

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Nonsense! Having a good body is NOT a matter of age, it's simply a matter of wanting one bad enuff, Karren! Ha ha!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!