Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advantages to getting old

I am sorry, but who wants to preside over a PTA meeting for their children in their mid forties.
    Mine have all gone and I can enjoy life and am still fit.
    They come to visit and I have the strength to handle anything they dish out.
    A bit different to sixty and seventy.
    You do slow down a bit then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My SO's father was fond of saying "I'm an old man, what are they going to do to me?" Usually, I might add with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

Go, do, enjoy! Who gives a rat's butt what other people think! Life, as intimated, is too short!

When the time comes, slide into your coffin in your best fem outfit with a big grin on your face and a well run race!

I like me, my SO likes me! As to the rest, pffffft!

The only advantage that I can see in aging is that I know myself better now,found through experience what works and what doesn't,and I don't do quite as many stupid things as I used to.Other than that it sux.

Hi,

He who wish's to be young again will wish away thier life, to enjoy life now... is ...what we have,

She who wish's to be sexy like she was will allways look back & remember what was. yet cannot look in the mirror for fear of lost youth.

20 years ago was really the start of my life, & it took time to get there . ( i would not wont to go back nor be young again. ) this time has been different & being able to be expressive in who i am. this has & is the best part of my life. at over 65,

The butterfly best sum's up how my life progressed, a time for every thing ,& this is the best part. for myself ...now...

...noeleena...

Hey, it's not so bad being an ole broad! As friends once said, "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed." I'm with Noeleena, Emogene and everyone else who point out the positives. (Although I admit that the first time I was asked "Ma'am, do you want the senior discount?" I thought "Oh gosh, it shows.") At least now I don't waste time shopping for bikinis and miniskirts....

Here's to the Golden Girls!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member

Getting old sure beats the alternative...

To all our "older" friends, enjoy yourselves while you still can. I'm 67 and enjoy dressing, mostly in plain-fem, on a regular basis. My wife and I get the greeting of "hello ladies..." more often than not. It has become a source of amusement to us, especially if the person then tries to correct themselves. A smile and a friendly reply works wonders.

Enjoy life- it isn't permanent,
    Sandra1746

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    "For I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

My sentiments exactly.

Oh yeah, the advantages of aging, no hair left to pin anything to, bad knees, and scared legs, bad back makes it hard to bend and put on hose, weak heart that can put you in the hospital anytime anywhere, no matter how your dressed, all the clothes in the store are make for a twenty year old, and skirts that short just look terrible on a person 69 years old, getting old is so much fun!
    But at least being retired, I have more time to make myself suffer!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

My wife noticed and was complaining about some facial hair which has sprouted recently and I've experienced all of the symptoms of lowered T over the past couple years as other posters have. It reminds me of something a friend said to me when we were in our twenties - his parents were much older than most. He observed that as we age, women turn into men and men turn into women. I guess that's the silver lining of heading into old age being Transgender. Not so for my wife and so many other GG's that have to deal with the bombarding of superficial messages linking self worth to beauty and youth. She's pretty grounded but I can tell it's hard for her, but she's pretty to me.

The advantages of being old do not outweigh the disadvantages. Remember when you could get down on the floor to do something and get back up without pain or help? Remember when you didn't need bifocals (try putting on eye makeup when you can't see what you're doing)? Remember when you didn't have so many doctor's appointments you have to have a special calendar to write them on?

I'll trade age for youth any day.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    We only have two options: get older or die. For me, getting older is a terrific option!

I'll be 63 in a couple of days. I really do think that the world gives those of us over 60 less scrutiny, and the two genders look more and more alike as we age, so passing is so much easier. As for the killer body, I've already lost 40 pounds because of Tina, my wife says I've taken 10 years off my face with all the attention I now pay it, I exercise more regularly and that makes the figure better all the time, and I'm actually thinking about getting contacts so that I can wear some great killer sunglasses!

What's not to like?? I woke up this morning, so everything is terrific!

I decided to go with laser hair removal of may face once I noticed I was getting gray hairs in that area. Since I am 36 now, I figure it will take a while to go all gray so I wanted to take out the hair before I could not laser off enough. The laser treatments have been successful and I only pluck a few gray hairs out every now and then

Oh yes, We're not getting older we're getting better! Actually I've never felt better since I started dressing a little over a year ago at 67. Jaymee

The best part of getting old is that you start to realize what's important, sort of a milder version of the "if you had one year to live, what would you do?" question.

At some point, I realized that if I was ever going to be myself before I died (or even just find out who myself is), I'd better get started soon. I decided to stop caring what "people" thought of me, and worry more about what I think of me. I decided to try to be the real me (to the extent I know who that is) as much of the time as I can. This way, the people who don't like that person will go away sooner and not waste as much of my time.

This includes how I dress, but it also means not playing BS games. I won't bother trying to guess at what people think, I simply take them at their word. And I won't hang around groups of people that put me down and make me uncomfortable. Or people who give me "well-meaning" advice "for my own good."

BTW, one thing I discovered when my marriage tanked (not connected with CDing): there are worse things than being alone.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richelle
    Advantages to getting old
    Once, when author W. Somerset Maugham was speaking, he said “There are many advantages to being old…” He paused. He paused for so long that someone in the audience got up and came to his assistance. Mr. Maugham stopped him and said, “I was just trying to think of something…”

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I agree that there are some disadvantages of growing old, but for me the main advantage of dressing is I don't think I look anywhere near 78. So all you 60 somethings cheer up.

The best thing about getting old is that I managed to avoid dying young.

In the morning, when I try to get up I really want to be anything younger than 45. When I think about everything I know and can do that I didn't know when I was younger, I'm glad I'm creeping up on 60. AND I'm at the point where, other than my spouse, and you gals, I really don't care what a lot of other people think of me.

I hate to say this, but it gets worse. I can live with the grey to white hair because I wear a wig when dressed. But, two artificial knees later and a hip coming very soon it's not all that much fun. But, Sherry is right there are also advantages to getting older if you are a dresser and it is easy to escape to who you really want to be.