Thread: A Heartfelt THANKS!!!

A Heartfelt THANKS!!!

I want to thank all of you that encouraged me to stop self examining, self medicating, and self diagnosing and urged me to seek out professional help. Now I have been seeing a therapist for a while, have a better understanding of myself, and feel like I am on the right path for me.

The internet and this forum are wonderful tools, but no substitute for qualified professional medical care. My therapist is wonderful, and is so empathetic to my situation with my spouse and the limitations her conditions will most likely place on my eventual transition. There was a time I was confused about myself, but now have some clarity in my life.

In 6 months to a year I may begin HRT, under a doctor's care this time. We (my therapist and I) are exploring with my wife's psychiatrist when we can make me a part of my wife's life. I have been living a lie with her for the past 16 years, and trying to be a male that I never was or ever can be. I am a woman, no matter what my outward appearance may be. My genitalia and physical body do not define my gender.

I have made some small steps in my journey. I have many many more large steps to make. Thanks again for all the good advice, and sometimes harsh criticism that helped me realize what was best for me.
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

Congratulations! I'm so happy that you're on the right path. Good luck and best wishes!

Congratulations, Sounds like you're on a good path now. Wishing you all the best!
    Hugs
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

I'm glad for you. I too waited a long time. Hindsight is always 20/20.

YMMV
    I am happy for you and it sounds like you are in a good place
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Glad to hear that you've ditched the estrofem. Your postings have always been so upbeat and positive anyway, that I think you'll do wonderful under a counselor's guidance and physician's care. I love the certainty that I'm being looked after in the best way. Matters are complicated enough for us without wild variables floating around, no? All the best, Ann
    Last edited by Ann Louise; 05-30-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Really Bad Punctuation!
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Congratulations Donna!

It sounds like you are hraded in the right direction. Congratulations!

I am glad that the forum has help you to get in the right path.

my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Conratulations Donna! It's nice to see you in a happy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Conratulations Donna! It's nice to see you in a happy place.
    Thanks Marleena, it feels good to be in a happy place!
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack