Thread: Estradiol today.

Estradiol today.

After thirty days on just spiro, my Dr. thinks I can start estrogen. I'm on my way to pick up scrip shortly. I hardly slept last night wondering where this long strange trip is heading. At least I'm taking it as my true self, and not hiding behind some other identity.
    Just had to share cause I'm ready to go but it's still early. Appt. not till 10:00

A couple of questions for you girls on HRT.
    How long before you needed a mamogram?
    When your pheromone receptors became more female, did the smell of men effect you more, or change in your perception?

Thanks girls.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I have not noticed any difference in the effect of the smell of men. My used shirts still still smell as unpleasantly acid as ever.

The only thing that I might have noticed with smell, is that I went through a 3/4-year period where my genitals seemed to give off a fairly strong musk -- embarrassingly strong. "Surely everyone in this (not-so-big) room must smell it!!" strong. To this day I don't know whether there was a real change in the odor being given off, or a change in my ability to smell that whatever-it-was. No-one else mentioned it to me, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. And it is not impossible that there had been a change in the bacteria in the area rather than a change in what my body itself gave off or a change in what I could smell.

a little over 2 1/2 years on hrt and have not been summoned foe 1 yet. I am a little surprised but my present insurance only tolerates girls like us. As for the sense of smell, mine got much better within 3 months. after a while you get used to it.
    Brighid