I made a short film about a cross dresser in the U.S. military and have a producer interested in making it into a feature (full length movie.)

Nobody I've talked to is aware that the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" excludes transgender service members - something I wasn't aware of either, until I started working on this project. So I really want to tell a good story and build awareness.

I met with a retired Army Infantry Officer and his wife - they saw the short and have been very supportive of expanding the story. They ended up inviting me to stay with them for a few days! It was amazing to hear both of their stories. They were so honest and gracious, and introduced me to their transgender friends. We all got to go out one night on the town, too! (But that's another story.)

The main character is active duty in the Army and up for a top secret security clearance. Has anyone who is TG been up for a security clearance? If so, what was your experience, and were you denied or granted the clearance? (The film is NOT a documentary - it's fiction, so anonymity is guaranteed. Please feel free to send me a PM.)

Another character is retired from the Army and has had SRS - MTF. If anyone is in this position, what was your life like while you served in the military, how is your life now, and are you still in touch with your military friends/colleagues?

I'm working on revising the script, and am finding that even though I've done a lot of research about security clearances and CD'ing, I'm doing a lot of guesswork in terms of the military, and want the story to be realistic.

Any thoughts or other resources are most welcome.

Thank you in advance, and thank you for your service!