Thread: She Didn't Mention It

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar

Smile She Didn't Mention It

I have not dressed in front of my wife for over a year.

Yesterday, since I knew my wife would be home all day today, I told her I wanted to be dressed while I worked. I work from home so, some days, I will dress for a few hours and change before she gets home with our young one.

So, this morning, after dropping the little one off at school, I dressed and sat in my office returning emails and stuff like that. If she walked in, I expected her to say something. But she didn't. And when we had lunch together....again, nothing. And through our various interactions during the day, she not made no allusion to the fact that I am dressed as a woman.

This makes me happy.
    Last edited by Marie-Elise; 05-31-2013 at 08:01 PM.

May be a step towards acceptance...

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    May be a step towards acceptance...
    Maybe toward greater acceptance, yes. She has accepted this part of me since I told her almost three years ago. She has even bought me clothes. I think it's probably more a step toward me fully accepting myself.

I think including her in your decision made it a win win for the both of you. Kudos Marie-Elise!
    be sweet for me

-Renae

That's sounds exciting! I would love for my wife to pick out/buy things for Alesha. She's accepting but the topic of me dressing never gets brought up unless I bring it up. Being dressed all day is a wonderful feeling.
    Alesha

It did feel good. I want to try make up and a wig. She gave me one of her wigs which I have not worn in front of her because I don't know how she would respond. However, she does know I want to try makeup. Maybe in the future.

Marie,
    It all sounds healthy to me.
    Good luck.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie-Elise View Post
    I want to try make up and a wig. She gave me one of her wigs which I have not worn in front of her because I don't know how she would respond. However, she does know I want to try makeup. Maybe in the future.
    So why don't you just mention this to her and ask for her help and advise? Just don't push things with her.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Asking her for help with finding make up just for you may be something to think about, and don't ask to use hers.
    Ask her to help you pick out your own and instruct you how to best put it on.

Marie-Elise, so good for you - I hope this works out well and that you can incorporate your desires into your relationship. But...a thought occurred to me as I was reading the posts - isn't it funny that if we dress feminine, we must be concerned with who knows and how our wives might perceive us. At the same time, if my wife dresses in jeans and an oxford shirt (often the same thing I wear) no one, including me, would think twice. It simply goes to show how silly it is to judge and individual by what he or she wears...
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Asking her for help with finding make up just for you may be something to think about, and don't ask to use hers.
    Ask her to help you pick out your own and instruct you how to best put it on.
    This sounds like a good way to go. But I don't want to push it. I'll give it some time.

Congrats ! And lunch as well? A very good day.

Sounds like you had a very pleasant day, I can't comment on your wife's 'silence' but I think inquiring minds might want to have a conversation to find out what the 'silence' meant.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Platinum Member
    It seems like a positive. At some point it might be wise to ask her how she felt.

Sounds like a wonderful day! I'm really happy for you.

Sounds like your wife is ok with the wig or she wouldn't have given it to you though right? Asking for makeup help without pushing could also be a real bonding experience for the two of you if she is open to it. I know it has been for my S.O. and I. As Tracii said though, don't ask to use hers. My S.O. and I have shared a few things from time to time but we both have our own stuff too. It's more like "I'm out of _______, can I borrow yours?" or "I bought this new stuff yesterday but it really doesn't work for me, want to try it out?" That second one comes from me more than from her though lol. She has liked a few things that I bought that she probably wouldn't have tried out otherwise.

Since she accepted your being dressed all day AND has given you a wig I see no problem with you wearing it and make up.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    Sounds like you had a very pleasant day, I can't comment on your wife's 'silence' but I think inquiring minds might want to have a conversation to find out what the 'silence' meant.
    Good idea. So, I thanked her for not saying anything a couple of days later. She said it was no big deal and she would rather just have me dress and not make it anything unusual than to have me make it something we have to discuss. She also said it was unbearable when first came out to her and wanted to talk about it.

So, I guess I will continue to work from home dressed pretty. But I might throw in a few nights when we watch TV as well. We'll see.

Oh, and the makeup thing: We'll see. I'm in no hurry.