Thread: Male Pattern

Male Pattern

Hey everyone, i had a question regarding transition and Male Pattern Baldness, i know that some work can be done to correct some of these issues via FFS however i dont think my hair is too badly thining yet but my widows peaks are kind of high. (so i think) i would post a picture but im not to sure if pictures are allowed on this forum. i am currently using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner at the behest of my stylist to gain some volume which i guess is working according to people i know my hair is thicking out which is good but my peeks seem to be getting worse. i hope that FFS would be able to fix this.

I am assuming that you mean lateral hairline recession - a widows peak is a V-shaped point in the front central hairline. Think Eddie Munster. If you begin hrt with antiandrogens the recession will likely stop, as it is testosterone-mediated, but the hair probably wont grow back. A scalp advancement can help, results depending on how much recession there is

Right well I imagine that they would be able to shave the for head and adjust the hairline a little buy I just don't know of ota bad or not

It is the DHT affecting the nutrients being supplied to the hair follicle. Knock down DHT and hair loss will slow or stop.

I do not convert Testosterone to DHT normally for reasons to complicated to explain but I have experienced zero hair loss.

Here is a link http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68082.php

Sorry honey have full head of hair and now very womanly head of hair guess i am lucky one.i wish you luck in finding a answer to this sorry i can not tell you as i have not had to deal with that. Hope you find answers as i want best for all the ladies on here.

I was thinning out on top but the M2F HRT has reversed the thinning.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

YMMV
    Kelly is spot-on about dht. It is a more potent form of testosterone, dihydrogytestosterone I believe (i didn't fact check lol). There are 2 popular options to reduce dht, finasteride and dutasteride. Dutasteride is a more effective blocker because it blocks both types found in the body not just one type like finasteride does. It is also more expensive because as far as I'm aware there is not a generic.

I've been on dutasteride for over a year and have had significant regrowth along with the use of minoxidil twice daily.

If you pursue this treatment I would expect that after a year you will notice significant improvement. However do not gauge your results until at least 6 months in because of the nature of how hair grows in cycles and how if the treatment is effective you will at first lose more hair before regrowing more.

You can get a prescription for dutasteride or finasteride very simply and easily without having to go into the whole ts thing if you wish.

even on standard mtf hrt your body will still convert some testosterone to dht, so for this reason it is not uncommon to still add a dht blocker to the regimen. I have noticed some feminization to my skin,nipples, and breast area also due to this drug alone in the past year.

One of the side effects is gynecomastia, OH NO!
    Last edited by mary something; 06-02-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Gold Member
    The Lady at the wig shop told me that the fact that I am almost bald on top
    is a good thing. It made fitting a wig easer. It lays better when their is a lot
    less hair under the wig to disturb it.
    Rader