Thread: A wonderful week!

A wonderful week!

I have had the most amazing week. I had a really good talk with my wife last Saturday and told her that I was going to transition and what that meant. I was getting my letter form my therapist to start HRT. We talked about what I needed to do like get ride of my facial hair and things that I might want to do down the road, like fill in some light spots in my hair. There were some tears from both of us but it was a really good talk. She said that she would support me 100% and only wanted me to be happy, she said because when you’re not happy it’s miserable around here. She did say that when I became a woman that she doesn’t know who she will feel and that’s honest but she did say that she loves me and can’t image not loving me. I told here that I was telling our kids and showed her the letters that I wrote to them, she said it was a good letter and not to change anything.

Tuesday I went over to my daughter’s house and we had coffee while she read the letter and when she was done reading it she looked up at me and said I love you and will support you anyway I can and we want you always to be in our lives. We talked for a long time and it was great she asked some goofy questions like what size my boobs where and what size clothes I wear. But there were lots of other questions in between. Then that afternoon I had my son stop by after he got off work and we sat at the kitchen table and I gave him the letter and held my breath while he read it. He never looked up once while he read it. When he was done he stood up gave me a hug and said nothing changes I still love you. We talked and he had less questions but I told him some of the questions his sister asked and that got the ball rolling. I told them both to share the letter with there spouses and that I would welcome any questions they might have and would love to talk to them. My therapist thought it would be best talking to my kids one on one first. Then a little while later I got a text from my daughter and asked if her and my son in-law could come over and I said sure then I got a text from my daughter in-law that said dad I love you. My daughter and son in-law cane over and we sat out in the back with my wife and me and talked and joked around it was amazing. My kids are amazing they felt so bad for me that I was in pain for so long trying to hide it from everybody. I was on cloud nine it couldn’t have gone any better than it did. I could tell it was a huge relief to my wife that my kids where okay with it.
    So Thursday not worrying if some one would see me now that my kids know I dressed for my therapy appointment. I was a little anxious setting in the waiting room but I wasn’t that bad. I got my letter from my therapist to start my HRT and I go on Monday to my doctor to get my referral to an endocrinologist. I know I still have a long journey ahead of me but and I need a lot more RLE but that will come. I’ve been away awhile my sister had a stroke a couple of weeks a go but she is doing better. Then my tablet crashed so I have to come and use the desk top not my favorite way to get on but for now it will have to do.
    It’s been a wonderful week Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Untitled
    What a wonderful week, glad things went well for you and I hope that the support continues
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

It is wonerful that you have such support from your wife and kids. They must be very special people

YMMV
    thanks for sharing! What a wonderful coming out story!
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Congratulations, and welcome to a world without secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Thinking of you...
    Please keep us posted on your progress.
    Hugs,
    Kayla C

I am so happy for you as i have great support from my two daughters not my x but that is ok but i am so happy for you enjoy the time .

Yes, that is a wonderful week! Congratulations on the courage to make it happen!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

It sounds like a great week.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692