Thread: Shoe size help

Shoe size help

Hi,

So I might buy myself a pair of shoes soon if I can build up the courage. If I am a Uk men's 10, what size would I be roughly for womens? I hear conflicting things, one of my friends said its one size smaller.

As far as UK I'm not sure, I know in U.S. size I wear a 10 in men's and wear an 11 in women's. It goes 1 size larger.
    I looked in the mirror and saw a gurl

The only rule is that thereis no rule that always works for everyone all the time. I'd plan on starting up a size or 2, but try them on.

If they don't fit, you'll end up throwing them out.

You could always return them, but they will surely ask why you are returning them. Are you willing to say that they didn't fit?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

every shoe manufactuer is different when it comes to sizes. I can wear the exact same size in heels if they are open toed or peep toed but have to wear a 12 if they are closed toed. This isnt always the case though. luckily my So has no problem returning anything that doesnt fit right but if you can, you should always try them on, which is easier said than done.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Ok thank you all!

Now to find some shops in UK that stock nice, larger size shoes.

Hi Lara , I am a male size 9 and also my female shoes are a size 9 as well , I get all my female shoes from Evans their shops stock up to size 10, I always wait for the sales which they have quite often, and the girls there are really good and I have bought from many different outlets, if you don't want to buy directly from the shop then their web site is very good as well. good luck Sarah xxx

Aspiring Member
    according to this chart, you are UK size 9.5 in women's sizes

http://www.size-chart-shoe-clothing-...onversion.com/

The only rule is that there is no rule that always works for everyone all the time.
    I agree. My US men's size is 9, and based on the '2 sizes higher' rule of thumb, I tried women's size 11. Too big! I have had luck with some 10's, but most recently two pair of women's 9 1/2 fit perfectly.
    I love myself in curves!

Start with a 9.5 then work it from there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wear an 8 1/2 men's (US) and find that most women's 9 1/2's fit we'll. As others have said, it's best try them on in the store if you can. I have never had a problem trying on in the stores, even with hose on( which I always wear) when shoe shopping.

Monique

I wear a size 9 mens and size 10 womens but as said sizes vary with the manufacturer so try them on at the store, don't be shy, nobody cares.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

In my experience, women's shoe size is either the same or 1/2 to one size up, BUT, the women's shoes must be "wide", whereas in men's I do not wear a wide width. The width makes all the difference.
    The bad news is the selection of 10.5 wide women's shoes isn't that great, but they're out there!