Thread: leak in breast form.

Unhappy leak in breast form.

I've had my breast forms less than a month and last night discovered a small pin hole in the back of one. I was wearing them attached and one started coming off. Actually, the silicon on the inside was coming loose from the outer cover leaving a pocket of air between the silicon and the outer cover. Anyone ever have this happen? I'm really sad as I love my boobs!!! Now I'm out the expense of a new pair plus no boobs for a while. Don't suppose anyone knows of a fix for the pin hole? I guess on the positive side I'll have a spare boob if I ever have this happen again.

Signed,
    Flat chest, or lopsided!!!
    Last edited by Kandy Barr; 06-02-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Try "Tegaderm" waterproff transparent dressing. It works wel on flat surfaces.
    What form do u have?
    Amoena ????

Thanks for the suggestion prene. I havevJanets D girls wide, 38D, # 7.

I say turn to the internet where there are a myriad of answers.
    I have used sheet contact plastic on occasions.
    Then buy a new form.
    That is the only positive way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hmm, I've never had a form 'leak' per say. I've torn a couple( underwire bra was the culprit) and simply used a piece of two sided breast form tape to repair it. Just put a small piece of soft plastic over the tape side that touches the skin. Fixed.( assuming the damage is on the inner side of the form. I only use forms from TBFS and Magic Curves..

Platinum Member
    Hi Kandy, If it's a small hole I cut a Band-Aid and use the sticky tab to cover the pinhole.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm on my forth pair of breastforms from the Breastform Store. They were all perfect with no problems at all even with me sleeping in them quite often! The only reason I'm on my forth pair is that it took a while for me to find the best size and shape. I'm just a slow learner.

They don't have a warranty? Send them back for a replacement.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    Tegaderm has been recommended by people here and they now have them in stores like CVS where you can buy them off the self instead of online

Quote Originally Posted by prene View Post
    Try "Tegaderm" waterproff transparent dressing. It works wel on flat surfaces.
    What form do u have?
    Amoena ????
    Last edited by vanitysumers; 06-03-2013 at 09:40 PM.

If it is just a pin hole, use some super glue on it. as for the separation I've only seen that on cheaper forms, im pretty sure most of Janet's forms are quality and made for attaching.... Have u been jumping on the trampoline? Ive been skiing with my gold seals (skiing is not the smoothest ride) and have never had separation..
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Thanks everyone for help suggestions. I called Janet's Closet this morning, no, there's no warranty, I'm stuck with them. I was told I can still use them but can no longer attach them. I was also informed when removing them to start at the top and squirt some remover down in there and let the remover work the adhesive loose. Well s___!!! Now you tell me! Sooo, my fault. That should have been in the instructions, don't you think? I really love to wear mine attached, especially if I'm going out, which I haven't done as yet, but I'm working up to it. I will try the Tegaderm patch for the time being and wear a bra but I'll be looking into a new set of forms. Any suggestions or ideas welcomed.
    Last edited by Kandy Barr; 06-03-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Beware, ladies! U can buy cheap silicone forms for as little as $50. But, when u have an accident with them, as Kandy did. They're on their way to the trash bin!

Poly covered forms r OBSOLETE NOW! U can purchase solid silicone forms that r very soft, glue on-able, don't have the odd shine of poly covered forms, and may last u a life time! They do cost more. But, they're worth it in the long run!

Mine r from: femskin.com. They sell a variety of forms in many sizes and softness. They start at $200, I believe. Once u wear solid silicone forms without a covering, I think you'll NEVER go back to shiny forms that will one day pop and or leak!

Think of them as an investment.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Damn, I need to check the rice count...lol

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    One word Ducttape (sorry girls , True users of Duct Tape ALWAYS pronounce it as one word)
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Gold Member
    I will echo the Tagaderm with Breast Form tape as a temporary measure. Had a major tear in Vegas just before going out one night. Put the two sided breast form tape on to get through the night. At the end of the night, I went by Walgreens and got the Tagaderm. The first piece lasted two years. Don't buy new forms until you give it a whirl. It is extremely tacky and will grab anything, so take your time. As long as it goes on flat and the edges have something to grab onto, you will likely be in great shape.

Thanks everyone for your help. For an update, I called Janet's Closet and there's no warranty so I'm stuck with them. I was also told to remove them I should start at the top and squirt remover in between the form and my skin and let the remover work the glue loose. Well, don't you think that this tid bit of information should have been in the instructions? Anyway, I'll try the repair and will soon buy a new pair, don't know what brand as yet, any suggestions and feedback welcome.

Consider buying your next forms from the Breast Form Store.

Here is a link yo their guarantee:

http://www.thebreastformstore.ca/guarantee.aspx
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 06-04-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

You all need to read the BFS warranty closely...

Breast Forms Guarantee & Warranty

We are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality breast forms. Most forms come with a One Year guarantee against manufacturer and material defects. Amoena breast forms come with a two year guarantee.

Your breast forms should last far beyond the guarantee if you take good care of them. The silicone is of excellent quality. The outer membrane is very tough, but can be punctured.

Exceptions to our guarantee
    The forms are guaranteed against manufacturers defects. They are not guaranteed against abuse, punctures from sharp fingernails or mysterious rips that suddenly appear. They are not guaranteed if you have slept on the forms and burst them. Our suppliers stand behind their products but will reject forms that have been abused.

Customers are responsible for shipping charges for shipping the product back to The Breast Form Store to initiate a warranty review. If the warranty claim is rejected, the client will be responsible for return shipping. Approved warranty claims will ship with no additional charge to the customer.

Custom made breast forms such as RealBreast breast forms are exempt from our guarantee as that they have been specifically created for you.

Bottom line is this:

If the forms become defective they will be replaced....

But generally a manufacturer defect will involve the seals (outer edges of the forms that separate) the silicone splitting inside the forms or a "flaking"....or the silicone liquidfying...

It does not cover tears, punctures, tears that happen when improper removal of tape or non recommended adhesives are used on forms....

Generally when we get a bad set of forms (and yes, sometimes there will be a bad set, after all it is a manufacturered item) ....sent back to us we'll send out a replacement and then get a credit from the manufacturer. After all if we're ordering hundreds of sets a year, our manufacturers work with us to work with our customers and make sure their happy.

I've had customers who have dropped forms on concrete floors and they've split....closed drawers on them, had rough sex where the forms were bit, squeezed to hard, left in sub freezing back seat of a car for several days, fingers put through the "skin" by improper handling, pins stuck through them accidently, as well as a host of other "accidents" not to mention some people deliberately damaging the forms to try and get a new set after having them for about a year....

And I haven't even mentioned the scammers that are out there, that insure the items for 2X the amount of cost and ship them back with a hole placed though the box and then claim they were damaged during shipping, or those who say they never got the item although USPS shows item was delivered.

But good sellers generally will do what they need to do to make sure customers are treated fairly including replacing a set....even if they (seller) knows it's not a defect but actual neglect...

Also I can sell forms under $70 compared to those that sell for $ 100 or more at a rate of about 50 - 1....most buyers don't want to pay $100 - $300 for a set of forms....it's that simple.

Plus it's really not that forms are "cheap" as they are pretty much all the same as far as materials and manufacturing process and labor costs + mark up, which is all over the board.

And yes, I get forms from a number of suppliers including Transforms & Nearly Me,which is the same company based in the USA, + Aphrodite forms as well as the same forms that others sell that have been mentioned above and yes, we have the same manufacturer and sales reps....

But what do I know?....I've only sold about 6,000 sets ...so I'm really new to all of this....LOL
    Last edited by Sherry-Stephanie; 06-04-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

I had a cut in an old breast form..... looked like a small stab wound.... didn't think I had that much to drink... but anyway... I put a flesh colored band aid on it.... looked like little boo boo....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry-Stephanie View Post
    You all need to read the BFS warranty closely..............
    So what is your point? That the Breast Form Store warranty is a sham? Do you know this for a fact?

I have no interest in anyone buying from them or anyone else, but the OP had her forms for a month and they broke. Unless she is trying to pull one over on us (she didn't mention the source in the original post), this seems to be a manufacturing defect which would be covered by the Breast Form Store warranty if she had purchased her forms from them.

Nearly all product warranties have similar exclusions for improper use, abuse, etc. Cars, TV sets, computers, etc.

Janet's Closet is a very big player in this business and their denial of any warrantee coverage for one month old forms is troubling at best. That's why I suggested purchasing from a store with a written, published warranty.

My point is this...

There's a difference between a 1 year warranty and a Manufacturer's Warrant against defect(s)....and it states in the warranty as I highlighted "They are not guaranteed against abuse, punctures from sharp fingernails or mysterious rips that suddenly appear.

There's a big difference between a 1 year warranty (unlimited) verses a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty (limited)...

Nor am I implying that the BFS warranty is a "sham" as you've stated, just that it's not a "1 year warranty" as in "unconditional warranty"....

Her forms as well as others, including the ones I have all come from the same source and manufacturer....

Yes, there will be times when a form breaks split tears etc...I've even had them broken when I got them out of the cartons when they come in to me and went to put them into inventory...it happens or I've gotten forms that were not properly made and all I do is send a message to the manufacturer and they re-ship the forms in the next order.

It's just something that happens from time to time...

Generally I'll replace forms if they arrive damaged or even if the forms get damaged in a reasonable period of time as well....

My basic philosophy is this....I want my buyers to be happy with their purchases and even if I know the forms were damaged though neglect they are only one set of forms and "good will with my customers" is more important than profit on one set of forms....that's why I run between 10% -15% a month in repeat buyers...

If I "toast" a set of forms it's no big deal to me...it's all part of retail selling and you just write it off in the "loss margin"....and move on.

But very few retail sellers have a 1 year "UNLIMITED" warranty especially with BF's....most are based on "Manufacturer defects" but few have any warranty at all, because forms can be damaged very easily in a variety of manner....most of which are not due to a bad product but simply because the buyer puts a nail through them, drops them uses adhesive (more tapes) on them and tears the skin removing it...or other reasons...

I've got forms I personally use and have had now going on 6 years that are as good as the day I got them...but I don't use adhesives and I store the forms when not in use either...

But I've also damaged a form once in a while myself handling them...and I just toss it into the trash...no big deal for me because it's my fault and I know that ...but it just happens from time to time. Forms are more... delicate and can be damaged easily...

Also on occasions depending on the "fill of the forms" and the temps the forms are exposed to especially in shipping the fronts of the forms will split...that's a "defect"....but round hole the size of your thumb on the front of the forms is "probably" not a defect...but someone picked them up and applied to much pressure on the "skin" and popped it.

The majority of breast forms that are silicone are pretty much made the same way regardless of who or where they're made...not all but most.
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Thanks everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks to all who replied to the thread I posted about a leak in my breast form. There were many good suggestions but several suggesting Tegaderm. I finally found this product today and applied it to the hole in the form. It went on very well and transparent and sealed the hole completely. I've had my forms on for several hours (in a bra ) and no problems. I can't attach them anymore but hey, at least I have something until I buy another pair. So, thanks so much for your help girls!!!