Thread: And I thought I was flying under the radar all these years - NOT

And I thought I was flying under the radar all these years - NOT

I used to develop cover stories to tell my wife when I wanted to go out dressed, like I'm going out with the guys. Technically true, but not the whole truth.

In April of 2011 I asked permission and was "allowed" to go to the Keystone Conference. It was the first time out crossdressing when my wife knew I was crossdressing.

Since then, I've been trying to be more truthful with my wife. Just this weekend, it led to some open discussing of what I wanted and her concerns.

We will have been married for 35 years in July, and I thought that I had been flying under the radar for 29 of those years until she discovered that I was a crossdresser.

When we were talking, she said there were a number of times that she became suspicious of either my gender or sexuality, but she forced herself to ignore the signals. I thought that it was just talk. Then she mentioned a specific incident that occurred a year and a half after we got married that made her suspicious of my sexual orientation. And I had thought I was so deep under cover as to be un-noticeable. I guess not.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Gold Member
    Wives have special powers given only to "Wives"
    Never try to fool them, they can spot a lie like a beacon
    in the night.
    In the 19+ years we where together, I never lied about anything to my wife
    about anything. You know, she knew that, and she often told me she would know
    when and if I ever was less that truthful.
    Now go and give her a big hug.
    Rader

Every now and then I find someone that tells me my feminine insight is unnatural for a male and sets off other signals.
    When I deal with women in the work place I am able to manipulate better than the boss.
    I get the results that he can't.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    When we were talking, she said there were a number of times that she became suspicious of either my gender or sexuality, but she forced herself to ignore the signals. I thought that it was just talk. Then she mentioned a specific incident that occurred a year and a half after we got married that made her suspicious of my sexual orientation. And I had thought I was so deep under cover as to be un-noticeable. I guess not.
    You've got my curiosity. What was the specific incident that happened so long ago? Did she think you were bi, CD or both?

Platinum Member
    I wasn't hiding my CDing, but I also wasn't particularly good at talking about it. So, at least with my first wife I left those predictable questions unanswered, and this open to speculation. That wasn't good for the marriage .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Let this be a warning to all u dressers with wives or SO's.

There's is no way you'll ever completely understand and/or anticipate what a female knows and is thinking. I don't care if you've had years of hormone therapy, SRS, and you're now a female yourself. GG's r simply inscrutable!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Wives have special powers given only to "Wives"
    Never try to fool them, they can spot a lie like a beacon
    in the night.
    In the 19+ years we where together, I never lied about anything to my wife
    about anything. You know, she knew that, and she often told me she would know
    when and if I ever was less that truthful.
    Now go and give her a big hug.
    Rader
    So true! Can't fool a woman very often. I do believe that they can't fool us either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    You've got my curiosity. What was the specific incident that happened so long ago? Did she think you were bi, CD or both?
    She thought I was gay, which I guess would have madw me bi.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.