Thread: After telling my sister about beginning transition.

After telling my sister about beginning transition.

I told my sister a few weeks ago. We hadn't been very close, and she lives 100 miles away. Since then we've been out to lunch three times, and she has gotten to know Celeste. I thanked her for her support in an email yesterday, and I just had to quote part of her response. If only they could all go so well.

"I am SO grateful and honoured that you let me into your life! Of course I am your rock, you are the baby sister I always dreamed of and I will defend you ferociously. Besides being blood, I really like you as a person and Im looking forward to doing whatever I can to help. More tomorrow. Love, K"

Wow! That is an very moving response. It actually brought a lump to my throat. You are very lucky to have each other. There are so many stories of this tearing families apart but sometimes it brings them together and makes them stronger.

YMMV
    that is wonderful Celeste! Sounds like you have a very nurturing big sis, the word ferociously has a nice ring to it doesn't it?
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

This is really a wonderful thing.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Untitled
    Sometimes our own fear prevents us from having a successful relationship with our siblings and parents. Glad you have found out that is not always the case
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

The best surprises are the unexpected ones. That's awesome Celeste!

Gold Member
    It will also be nice to have a GG who you can ask for pointers about living as a woman. Fashion, how to socialize etc.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.