Thread: I may never paint my toes again...

Wink I may never paint my toes again...

I have been painting my toes for the past six months or so and kind of enjoy the process and love the result. It is a wonderful feeling to look down and see the pink or red or coral toenails looking back at me.
    The ritual has been that Thursday night before I get my kids for the weekend on Friday, I will take the polish off before I go to bed. Last Thursday, I forget which prompted a quick trip to a nail salon at lunch to get it done. Bonus here is that the salon was empty so I went ahead and got a mani-pedi while I was at it...

Anyway, when Cindy, the salon owner, was done, she asked me what color I wanted. I had to tell her none because my kids were coming for the weekend. Her reply, well, you come back on Monday and pick out a pretty color...

Fast forward to today, I chose a purple slightly darker than lavender, called Sage. I love it!
    Cindy wouldn't let me pay her either. No matter, she now has a new very loyal customer.

Sooo. I titled this thread "I may never paint my toes again..." but I just told you I had them done. What's up with that??

Having someone else paint my toes for the first time was an amazing - almost erotic - experience. Besides, they are perfect. And as I also said, Cindy now has a new, very loyal, customer. I can't wait to see what color they are next time.

Shelby

PS. I am serious about the almost erotic experience. I would be curious to know if anyone else has a similar experience when they get their nails done.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think lots of folks, both male and female, may be foot fetishists. At least a little bit, anyway. I've never enjoyed anyone touching my feet. Including my ex and myself.

Plus, my feet, hands, and nails r so ugly, putting polish on them would be like painting desert turtles!

But hey, Shelby. I love looking at pretty feet and hands with lovely, shaped and painted nails!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I wouldn't call it erotic...but to each their own,eh?. I find the cuticle trimming and sanding a bit painful! But I appreciate getting my toes done, if for no other reason than not having to contort my inflexible torso to paint them myself!

I have found a professional mani and pedi is the best way to go. I have had both done in a packed salon. No one cares. Have a blast!

Annette

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    One of the most pleasant experiences with the old feet was having a foot/leg massage in China a few years ago. Simply outstanding. One of the more relaxing massages I have had.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I really, really like getting a professional manicure and pedicure. I've mostly been to a men's salon (www.reno4men.com) that offers manis and pedis, and while I wouldn't call a pedi erotic, I would say it's very stimulating, even sensual.

I once went to the same salon as my wife (we each got pedicures), which is run by three or four Vietnamese ladies. They asked me if I wanted to pick a colour, but before I could answer, my wife interjected a comment about not needing colour :-( At home that night, she mentioned that she doesn't mind me getting pedicures and manicures, but she doesn't want to see colour on my nails as that would be way too feminine.

Sorry if that turned into a rant...

Which reminds me I must do mine again.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The foot massage and exfoliating scrub that comes with a full service pedicure is a very satisfying, sensual experience. I wouldn't call it erotic, but it is definitely comforting and relaxing in a way that almost no other manipulation of the body can match. I get my toes done professionally every four weeks, and would do it more often if I could work it into my schedule.

Now the purely technical parts -- pushing back the cuticles, trimming the nails, cleaning around them, and especially, dealing with the occasional ingrown -- can be kind of annoying, even painful at times, but I know it makes my feet more comfortable in the long run, so it's worth putting up with. And the pampering and massaging definitely make the overall experience worthwhile. Getting a pretty color as well is icing on the cake.

- Diane

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Foot massages are quite nice.

For me, Pedi's are so relaxing. I will doze off when they do the massage.

Nothing beats the tickle of the scrubbrush on the bottoms of your feet followed by the cheesegrater file! Gotta love it!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Hi ShelbyDawn, The owner of my favorite salon is also named Cindy. Must be the name . She is a terrific person and a great shop owner.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I wouldn't call it erotic...but to each their own,eh?. I find the cuticle trimming and sanding a bit painful! But I appreciate getting my toes done, if for no other reason than not having to contort my inflexible torso to paint them myself!
    Just a year or so my wife talked me into getting pedicures. It was getting more and more difficult to cut my own nails. I never painted them myself and I only get clear polish when I have them done. I usually have my fingernails done as well but sometimes they get too long or chipped and I do them myself. Feet don't really turn me on so color or not isn't a big deal for me and it's just another opportunity for an "oops" moment.

Colored fingernails would be nice but that's not happening. Perhaps stick on nails or something. I have noticed plenty of well dressed, refined women with only clear nail polish.

I'm sure I would enjoy the salon moment a lot more if everyone there wasn't speaking another language and if I could understand them better when they attemped to speak to me in English.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I love getting my monthly pedicure and manicure. Love what they do to my feet so pretty and colored. Been doing it for years with Rose she Great,