Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is Harder to accept, our current age or being transgendered?

What is Harder to accept, our current age or being transgendered?

For us older people (I'm almost 50) who identify as MTF crossdresser/transgender, is it harder for us to accept that we are crossdresser/transgender or is it harder to accept that if today we could change to the gender we favor we will never be the young cute girl some of us want to be?

I know I would love to be the young 20 something slim and sexy girl. But if I could have SRS today, I may be cute and have a female body but I still wouldn’t be young.
    But there are benefits with age such as knowledge.

In the end, I have to accept who I am and how old I am.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I can accept my age and who I am.
    If I knew all this at 20 I would have done SRS.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Growing old is one of the laws of nature.
    Growing up on the other hand.....
    I'm going kicking and screaming like a little girl.

I agree with you Kim. I am fifty three I would love to be a slim twenty something girl, but I have accepted myself as a middle aged Woman. I love singing along to music when I am crossdressed. One of my favourite songs is "As If We Never Said Goodbye" from Sunset Boulevard, it's meant to be sung by a world weary middle aged Woman, I feel I am suitable for this role to a certain extent. I also try and dress in a style appropriate to my age. I have just bought a fab summer dress from the Bon Marche shop in the U.K which is s suitable for my age without it being frumpy.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    In about 45 days I'll be 70. Having been affected by the Peter Pan complex pretty much all my life, you can bet that my age is getting really hard to accept. Fortunately and thankfully, I'm usually mistaken for a younger middle-aged lady with a great wardrobe!

Too soon old,
    Too late smart.
    If the information, the technology, and the knowledge had been there, I would have transitioned much sooner. Instead, I'm building the better senior citizen.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    At 66, and only knowing my true self for 20 months, I can only say that I plan on trying to put almost 60 years of unknowing stupidity to wast in the remaining years. Even knowing the terrible times early on that the older girls went through, the 50's and 60's, pre internet, etc., I envy you having lived through that stage in your life. You might not have used it as beneficially as you would if you knew then what you know now, but it is in your memory box. You can treasure it as the hair gets grayer and sparser, and the feet hurt more and more from the same heels you wore "just yesterday."

"I yam what I yam," but that doesn't mean I can't make the most out of it.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I am 59 and have crossdressed off and on for many years.My wife passed away due to cancer related illness awhile back.If I was born a girl there were many things I would not have done including going down many roads that we travelled together with a wonderful woman.I know there would have other different adventures but I am glad I am who I am and very greatful for what I have done.My wife knew about my CDing and was ok with it as long as it stayed in the confines of our home and sometimes she would ask me to come to bed dressed and help me a bit with make up,shoes,which outfits to wear with what.as I am physically,socially,mentally(least I think so)financially etc ok I am satisfied to be who I am and proud to be a crossdresser

Miriam
    Nearly 53 now, and loving it more than 40, 30, or 20. I'd never want to turn the clock back. Definitely no acceptance problems there.

I've also become quite comfortable with my crossdressing - finally, and just in the last year. But I think I'm more comfortable with the age.

Miriam

As a relative spring chicken (46), I wouldn't go back. I feel far more able to be myself and not care about what others think than when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I can accept my age and who I am.
    If I knew all this at 20 I would have done SRS.
    I agree with Tracii 100%. hugs girl
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I'm never going to get old and die.... so far so good!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kim, sorry, but you're wrong on every count. You're simply "settling" instead of really "living"!

First off, you're quite young. I didn't even start dressing until I was your age. I'm well over 60 now.

Second, altho I'm technically trans, I don't feel that way. I believe I'm simply a CD. Nothing more.

3rd. Of course I want to be a sexy young woman! And, I haven't let my age or man figure stop me!

U can settle. Or, u can live and do the things u REALLY WANT TO DO! Personally? I'll be living in the ground for a long time. So, when it's time to go, I want to minimize my regrets!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Im very happy to just be me even tho I turn 50 next year I dont feel that old.
    Just have fun and go with the flow hehehe.
    Renee

This age thing really creeps up on you.... I'm hitting the double nickel and have the same bp and resting heart rate, 54, that I did when I was half this age. Staying this healthy takes a little more work though, I'll admit.

However, much like other's have said. If this tech was around back in the 70's.... I'd be in a different forum.... of that I'm sure.

Renne.....

I have 66 years of creating who I am as today, that is my history and i can't do a thing about...tomorrow is my future and I am glad I found Miki in all of my mess to join in my journey, for however long that may be.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

My male self may be in his 50s, but Eryn is quite a lot younger than that. Female ages are somewhat, ummm...pliable, and women can do a lot more about their looks than men can.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    If I knew at 18 what I know now, I would have lived my life 110% different. But unfortunatly we learn as we grow old so now we must learn to live the way we are. Every day I am learning more and learning to be who I am.
    Erica

Yesterday at my annual physical the nurse informed me that I'm now 5'9", which most men would be bummed about, but I was secretly thrilled to have shrunken to a more womanly height that will make me more passable in heels!

Platinum Member
    I suspect that everyone, upon reaching a certain age, realizes that their best physical days are behind them. But it's unhealthy and unrealistic to lament the passage of time and youth or regret missing opportunities we never knew we had.

We live now, in this very moment, so make the most of it.

Gold Member
    I am okay with the way I am whether it refers to age, trans, or my ugly mug. Would I have liked to have explored myself when I was a youngster? Sure. But that time has passed and I am more focused on doing what I can with myself now.

I can't change the past, so why worry about it. If I had the knowledge then that I do now, I'm sure I would have done a lot of things differently. But looking back at all the things that I have gone through I'm not so sure it would have been better.

Banned Read only
    I see many of the comments indicate a readiness to become a female or wish they have had SRS. As a MtF crossdresser I am perfectly content to have been a male. There is nothing wrong with being a female. Not every MtF crossdresser necessarily wishes he was born a female or would become a female. Life as a female is not necessarily all pretty dresses and high heels.

As to the age factor, yep, I expect one day to look like my grandmothers. Hopefully, I will not look like the one that had a mustache.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    When I first started Going Out fully made up, I really wanted to appear... not "cute", but sort of "desirable".

I had lived too much in my head, was appreciated primarily for the things I did for people, and due to my upbringing had "locked away" my physical existence. The opposite of "I'm not just a pretty face"; a "Can't I be a pretty face sometimes??" To have people look at me, and not necessarily say "Wow, I'd like to get her in bed!", but at least smile to themselves in appreciation of my looking nice, and to at least have that fleeting thought of "I wouldn't mind if something were to happen between us". To be amongst those who get complimented, instead of being amongst those who get mentally filtered out as "background" or "boring people" or the "also-rans who are probably not worth talking to". And Yes, at the time, to be perceived partly as a sexual being instead of as a nebbish.

It didn't take me more than about 3 sessions going out to realize that no matter how I dressed, no matter how much care I put into my makeup, that I simply wasn't going to be that kind of person. That there is something "glance and forget" about me.

Once I realized that, my dressing gradually become more and more about something I needed and Dang what other people think. When you are sick with need to be yourself, whether the dress is "to die for!" can be almost irrelevant compared to just being female.

By way of analogy: if you were laid off, would you become "an unemployed insurance broker who has an interrupted hobby of collecting famous guitars", or would you become "an unemployed musician who keeps an eye open for Day Jobs because they pay the bills" ?

Since I got laid off nearly a year ago, I haven't looked much, I haven't bought much, but now as far as the public is concerned, skirt or dress is Just How I Am. I am not "someone else" these days, I am the 50+ publicly transgender person, becoming more and more "just one of those facts of life in the City". If I am going to be a "background person", then I might as well be a female-ish background person.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate my body being a decade more healthy, but at some point one moves from "planning" life in another gender, to "quietly living it" -- that eventually one may find it better to be a "frumpy woman" than a "handsome man".

I was fortunate, I was 20 and living my dream then.
    I still live my dream.
    I have been fortunate.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.