Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is Harder to accept, our current age or being transgendered?

I'm officially a transgender person.

I decided to die in my birth namesake, but I'm me., no matter how I present myself. if I do hormones so be it.

As Ringo of the Beatles always says......Peace & luv, Peace & luv.

age, damn i hate getting old.

Well maybe not twenty something any more Kim but when I "femme up" I more or less "De-age" myself by twenty or so years. This is according to other observers not myself. Now tell my aching "dogs" that after a night of dancing at the club.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I can accept my age and who I am.
    If I knew all this at 20 I would have done SRS.
    I feel exactly the same Tracii. Had I had the internet and support then I do now I'd have transitioned in my early 20's.
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

Interesting to read all the posts that allege that they have become smarter with age, and wiser too. For me the older I get the more I realize how little I know. In fact with the advent of the cell/mobile phones that become obsolete the day purchased, I'm totally blown away with things I know nothing about. Then I try to compromise with myself and think "well, I am wiser", but how do I know that for sure for opportunities to prove it to myself, at 88, have greatly diminished? With makeup I am sure that I look like, maybe, a lady in her late seventies so I'll settle with that. On the other hand who gives a s--t? Live for today as best you can and laugh at memories past,
    good and bad. My hind-sight isn't even 20-20 for most past bad decisions I would make again given the same set of circumstances. Wandering again.
    Julie

as a late bloomer, i can handle my age, but would certainly love to be in my 20's again, and able to dress in the hot sexy clothes younger girls wear today.
    they just don't look the same on me now...lol
    paula

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    It is not the age that matters it is (amongst other things) attitude. Awareness counts too but it is not so critical, after all I was aware in my twenties, but that was sixty years ago.
    Anyway, as Karren says ( speaking roughly) " I have not died a winter yet" and I have had a few of them. In fact 84 and this pic is from around four years back.
    ~Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 06-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    In the last decade, I not only "got older" but I "aged a lot".

Life at 40 was still a lot ahead of me, lots of time yet to do nice things, lots to learn, and a feeling of "I can't think of the slightest reason why I wouldn't want to live to be very old".

But the last decade was spent ill and depressed, and life doesn't feel so rosy, and sometimes it drags on, and at times I feel like "Unless something miraculous happens, life is probably going to continue to be a struggle, and if I were to die in another 10 or 15 years, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing." A rest from the sandpaper of life. This difference between where I was mentally a decade ago and now is "aging" rather than "getting older".

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    What's harder to accept? In my my view, knowing that I will never be a young cute 20 something female is absolutely crushing
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

TG, no doubt

There's no question in my mind that sexuality Isaac much hotter issue than age. Much less so now than previously, certainly, but sexuality remains a hot button issue.

Ana

I mentioned to the therapist I've started seeing that I have a bit of remorse in that I wish the resources that were available now would have been available back when I was in my 20s. She reminded me that we have no idea how well a transition would have gone 30 years ago, and the fact that had I transitioned then, my kids likely would have never been born, drugs and surgery were more "archaic" then, etc.

No use crying over spilled milk. Take advantage of what you know now, and what's available now, and live the remainder of your life as best you can, in a way that makes you whole.

It's all we can do, friends.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

I think I echo what many have said. As a 40 something T girl, I would have transitioned at age 20 IF the resources available to us now were available twenty some years ago...but as some have said, there is no use crying over spilled milk. Most of us have made the best of the situation. Now, with job and family firmly in my life, I am not willing to give any of it up to live full time and transition....price is too steep for me. So, it has been harder for me to adjust to being a bigendered person more than anything. I have seen a gender counselor for about one year now and she has gotten me to a place of understanding of where I am on all of this, and she agrees, transition is a last resort. So, I have struggled mightily to make sense of exactly who I am, and I have come to the conclusion that I am more or less TS, and just yesterday, I explained that when I dress up in boy mode, I am crossdressing and when I am in girl mode, I feel this is more a reflection of who I am inside, but I am still crossdressing, so psychologically, I am crossdressing all the time....interesting concept. This level of understanding about who I am has been important, and many of us T girls have been socialized as males, so we get to enjoy some particular advantages of male privilege that I find hard to just let go of. I am a fashionista in boy mode and girl mode, and I get my nails done in boy mode and highlight my hair in boy mode...I also lift light weights and make beer. In other words, I have become completely gender fluid....I don't worry about what clothes I am wearing, I am still 'me.'

I am 73 and I don't spend much time thinking about how old I am. I am happy that I'm healthy and continue to work at staying fit. I am also comfortable that I have a femine side; something that wasn't the case when I was younger. I do admit that I wish I could have been a prom queen! Norah

Sejd
    Being transgendered is a pain in the ass, but so is old age. Either we take it laughing or we give up, so what's the choice?

Eager To Learn
    I am 70 and have only started dressing a year ago. The double whammy of age and discovering the feminine side is difficult. Unfortunately, as has been said, the older I get the less I really know. When this is coupled with the mystery of cross dressing, it all becomes very confusing. Unfortunately, there are no "do overs" with life.

Smile

for me i can not accept my age.
    as i am to young to be old.
    at 54 one has a lot to look back on, but how they see it depends on how they feel,
    as a cd/ts i wish i had done some thing differently but accepting my self as i am is easy,
    age is a state of mind trying to over come reality, being trans is just being...you.
    but then look around my room what is male? as there are no male clothing here, except for the rideing leathers. just do not care for the look of what is sold as ladys gear.

so at least for me. age is harder to live with then gender.
    as jumping on the moto for a good long hard ride i get all twisted up but only in the tired old body. get home a hot shower and relax in something soft, cup of hot tea. that is the life.