Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Love Kohl's!

I Love Kohl's!

My spouse and I had a few mintues to go shopping today and I had a "30% off of entire purchase" coupon and some other deals, and there was a sale at Kohl's.

My spouse found a pair of shoes, and I found a pair of shoes, a pair of misses' pants, and a terrific maxi-dress.

So here's how 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of misses' pants, and a maxi-dress went down at the cash register:

Original price of all four items = $ 198.98
    Sale savings ........................... - 107.81
    Sale price ............................... $ 91.17
    "Special Offer" coupon .............. - ..5.00
    Redeemed "Kohl's Cash" ........... - 20.00
    Pre-discount price .................... $ 66.17
    Discount coupon (30%) ............ - 19.86
    Sale price ............................... $ 50.48
    Balance on gift card from son .... - 37.01

Amount charged to my credit crd. $ 13.47

Total Kohl's calculated savings .... $ 152.67

Gotta love it!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Eryn; 06-06-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    The first time I went shopping for girl clothes at Kohl's I got almost $100 worth of clothes for just under $30. If you catch a sale you can get some good deals there. Kohl's is my go-to place for girl clothes for that reason and for the fact that the fitting rooms are unattended (although I admit I still take my stuff over to the men's department and use those fitting rooms, I'm lame like that).

Take me shopping pleas got to love those savings

Aspiring Member
    Kohl's is great. Don't sleep on Target though. They always have some beautiful summer dresses over there too.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    I got a couple of cute skirts at Target recently but I'm still finding my dress size, so I prefer Kohl's because no one is watching the fitting rooms.

Love Kohl's....great price's and selection on there sale item and clearance items too. Have some great Vera Wang tops and dresses, plus some great jewelry too. Great shopping Persephone, let see some pictures.

Yeah, I confess that I shop there, too. But their prices are cheap because the clothes are mostly made in Asian sweatshops.

I just got home from working 4-10's out of town this week and I have a 30% off coupon too. My Wife and Cindy will definately be at Kohl's this weekend. They treat you special if you use their card
    ​Cindy

I love Kohl's for it's selection of lingerie, foundations, and accessories, all at very reasonable prices. Also there's no attendsnt to count the number of items taken into the dressing rooms to try on. I have always had a pleasant experience shopping at Kohl's.

Here's a little tidbit of useless information about Kohl's. Did you know that Kohl's got it's start as a mom and pop grocery store in Milwaukee? For many years it was the largest supermarket chain in Milwaukee and suburbs. Max Kohl, the founder, opened his first department store in the early '60s and the family ran it into the '70s. The chain has gone through several owners but still remains headquartered in the Milwaukee area, with roots in the Kohl family tradition. Milwaukeans have always had a reputation for being frugal shoppers which may be one reason for the extended sales and moderate prices at Kohl's.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn cd View Post
    Yeah, I confess that I shop there, too. But their prices are cheap because the clothes are mostly made in Asian sweatshops.
    More expensive labels like Coach, Benetton, Mango, Joe Fresh, etc. also use Asian sweatshops. Lower production costs improve their already high profits! It is very difficult to buy non-Asian-made clothing these days.

Which remeinds me that my lovely spouse gave me a full Kohl's gift card the other day. it's burning a hole in my purse! Shop we must!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    Kohls, yes it pays to shop. Usually have for every $50 spent get $10 Kohls cash. They always have some kind of sale going on. Kohls credit card holders can save even more if you are lucky enough to get the 30% off discount. I got a $90 Chaps dress for less than $7. Was marked down 90%, so was $9 minus another $2.70 (30%) =$6.30 +. 57 tax for a total of $6.87. Now that was a great deal!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love Kohl's too a fantastic store.

Kohl's is evil evil evil! (They put one in within a nice 10 minute walk from my house via a lovely residential side street.)
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Kelly View Post
    The first time I went shopping for girl clothes at Kohl's I got almost $100 worth of clothes for just under $30. If you catch a sale you can get some good deals there. Kohl's is my go-to place for girl clothes for that reason and for the fact that the fitting rooms are unattended (although I admit I still take my stuff over to the men's department and use those fitting rooms, I'm lame like that).
    A lot of cute clothes is the first reason I love Kohls. The unattended fitting rooms are the second reason. I also usually go over to the men's department to try stuff on, so I share in your lame-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by 4mymichelle View Post
    Kohls credit card holders can save even more if you are lucky enough to get the 30% off discount.
    True! I've spent so much there that I now have the VIP credit card with extra private sales days! And yep, it's in my name, not "his." My spouse gets in on the discount by handing me her picks so I can pay for them, so do a couple of my friends!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle001 View Post
    A lot of cute clothes is the first reason I love Kohls. The unattended fitting rooms are the second reason. I also usually go over to the men's department to try stuff on, so I share in your lame-ness.
    I've noted that in every Kohl's store I've visited there are no gender designators on any fitting rooms other than their position relative to a particular department. More than once I've seen men use the fitting room adjacent to the misses' department and nobody batted an eye.

Now when Persephone, myself, and our spouses shop together it's a sight to behold!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member

My favorite too...

Hands down, Kohl's is my favorite store. In fact I was there yesterday and bought 3 tops and a sport bra. My shopping has slowed down, I am running out of storage space...;-)

Sandra1746

I love Kohl's, my favorite store!

Quote Originally Posted by bimini1 View Post
    Kohl's is great. Don't sleep on Target though. They always have some beautiful summer dresses over there too.
    My wife and I shop often at Kohl's. Probably one half of our wardrobe comes from there. As far as Target, we've looked at clothes there but never found anything worth buying. My impression is that Wal-Mart has better quality and selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra1746 View Post
    . ............ My shopping has slowed down, I am running out of storage space...;-)
    Don't worry, you're not the only one!
    Last edited by linda allen; 06-08-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle001 View Post
    On two separate occasions, in two different Kohl's, I asked if I could use the fitting room adjacent to the women's department, because the men's fitting rooms are WAY OVER THERE. Both times I was politely but firmly told "No". So, you are not lame!

I love them also, but the nearest one is 165 miles away, so I only get there once or twice a year. They are starting to build one here in my town, it will be open this fall I think, so there goes my clothes budget!! Can't wait!

Heather

I love Kohls also. I buy lots of clothes there!!

Don't forget the 10 percent senior discount on Wednesday at kohls

My Kohl's experiences:

About 6 years ago I went in just looking - found a nice pair of boots on the clearance rack: 4" block heels with no platform, knee high with a turned over "collar" in an interesting copper color. The price printed on the box was $74.88 and they were marked down to $15 so I figured it was a good price and grabbed them. Got to the checkout and when they were scanned they came up as $3.75! I failed to notice that the clearance rack had a sign saying 75% off and they were 75% off of the marked down price!

Last year my wife and I were shopping for some clothes for our grandson and found a nice pair of shorts and a couple of T shirts - again on the clearance rack. Between the clearance price, coupons and cash back it ended up that Kohl's paid us $0.46!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Kohl's now is one of my two favorites, Macy's being the other. Their floor personnel, are not overly visible, once you find one they will help you into the department with the item you are asking about. Then you are kinda on your own. We had a break in the weather, and I just had to get out of the house. Had only been in Kohl's once before, so I didn't know the floor plan very well. Asked an assistant for a Navy Blazer and he started looking towards the men's department until I told him it was for Bobbi. He told me this really wasn't the time of year for blazers but was kind enough to show me what the had. Saw a pair of matching slacks that fir like a glove. From there, I was directed to their white button front shirts. Buttons all the way to the collar. This way I can open a button depending on my mood, professional, business casual, or casual. A potential no sale turned into a sale approaching 200.00 dollars retail. All because their floor staff took the time to assist instead of brushing me off. Hit the register and everything was 30% off. Smiled the rest of the day. Yes I will surely go back there.

Bobbi