Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would GG's Prefer To Be Male

Banned Read only

Would GG's Prefer To Be Male

This ? applies only to dressing and presenting as a woman and not the joy of motherhood, etc. .One of our gg moderators has said fem clothing is no more of a turn-on to women than jeans and a T shirt are to men, unlike the exilerating, sexual, feminine feeling CD's get when they don the feminine fineries. They wear what they wear because society tells them they have to. Women complain they don't like wearing tight and restrictive clothing including high heels and bra's; the first thing they do when they get home is take it off. Then every thing must match and accessorize $$$$$. Per this forum over half of our CD's said they would not want to dress full time as a woman; to much time, expense and being uncomfortable. Do CD's and men have it easier and better than our opposit gender????

No, CDers and [other] men don't have it easier. Women can wear anything they want: dresses and high heels, or jeans, sweatshirt and sneakers.
    Places and events that formerly called for women dressing up now allow dressing down -- the workplace, church, etc. - bare legs and flats, or pants. Women in my office wear little or no makeup.
    To be fair, men dress down, too. Casual Friday is now everyday casual, ties and suits required ony rarely or for certain professionals. I recently went to see the VP of my bank - he was wearing an oxford cloth shirt, no tie, and khakis. I observed, but really didn't care, because I, too, am the beneficiary of the more casual trend.

In the real world my wife would wear shorts or jeans every day and flip flops while wearing an old T shirt. It does take her a thirty to forty five minutes to dress in her best feminine attire ( heels, skirt, bra, hose, and have her make up perfect, this includes showering, shaving legs, and all the powdering, oils and perfumes, the teasing of hair. If she is in slow mood that day she will start about an hour to hour and half earlier. She hates dressing to the max and the older she gets the more she hates it. I have noticed a big decline in women that dress to what society expects. She has told me if I had to wear a bra every day I wouldn't wont to wear one so bad. I usually dress a couple times a week and am finding the more I do that I am having a tendency to maybe dress down more. Examples are painting my toes and not wearing the hose but just my jeans and fip flops so I see them. Not wearing my wig as much but in guy mode with maybe just my lipstick on if I'm staying in that day. I am it seems also dressing down more as my wife does. There's something to be said for comfortable.

Banned Read only
    of course Men have it easier! There is only a minuscule fraction of the social pressure to "look" a certain way. But in answer to your title: NO, unless they are transexuals.

GG/SO of a CD
    I get the feeling that I am one of the rare GG's who likes skirts and dresses. At least that's what you all make it sound like. I don't do my makeup often, but honestly its because I like to keep my skin clear and don't really need it. I also don't like tight clothes because I am heavy, and the best way to make a fat person look fatter is tight clothes.

One of the things I LOVE about Luca is that in male mode he likes to look good. He has vests and cute sweaters, fashionable jeans and button up shirts. He looks GOOD as a man, not all "slobby" like how you see a lot of men and women these days.
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-06-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Read the rules re personal threads/posts

Some GG's I know would like to be male for a time to get revenge on their self opinionated boyfriends.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As for fashion, i find myself a lot like Luca in that i like wearing fashionable stuff. I have vests, fitted vneck tshirts, Abercrombie jeans etc. I like to look fashionable regardless of male mode or fem mode. Its just a fashion state of mind thing i guess.
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-06-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Read the rules re personal thread/posts

Ya, there is a double standard also.
    I was at a beach a couple weeks ago and getting some sun after a cool spring here I over heard a couple of mid age lady's comments about a mid age slim guy walking by in a speed-do swimming suit. It was how bad that looked on a guy and how bad seeing his "junk" was and on they went.
    Later a young lady walked by along the ocean surf with a thong on and they were saying how nice she looked.

I sometimes think IF things were turned around where females wore something to hid their breasts to make them flat and men wore some kind of padded "cup" down there to push it out and make them bigger.....would these lady's on the beach feel the same?

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra
    Beats me. Since some of us males want to be female, it follows that some girls may wish to be boys, for a myriad of reasons. I also assume that there are MANY females who would NOT want to be male, no thanks, no way, etc. Who can blame them? Being male is no bed of roses, which may explain why some of us crossdress, i.e. to create that bed of roses…

Do CD's and men have it easier and better than our opposite gender????
    Beats me. Being male, I don’t know how the other sex feels. I find myself catering to females, but they rarely cater to me – maybe they are suspicious of my motives, or exhibiting some sort of gender-specific reticence necessary to the survival of the human species. I would hate to be burdened with such a responsibility, so maybe males do have it better, at least on the surface, all things being relative…

Meanwhile, it’s really COOL being a boy, because you can dress as a girl!!!

Untitled
    How the heck would a GM know if a GG would prefer to be male, surely only the GG could tell you that
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Last evening I went to the club as a "guy*" It took me 20 minutes from start of shower to out the door. Would GGs like that? Probably.

How many time have you heard "Sometimes I wish I was a guy so I could...." from your SO? I heard it a lot in 27 years of marriage. And in those same years when I would wear a skirt or heels or whatever she thought I was crazy and said "I would not do that if I didn't have to." So yes, in moments women want to be guys. Would they prefer it. Freddy summed it up, it would be hypocritical of us to think they would not when we would and do want to switch.

Both sides have the pluses and minuses. So many here just get the pluses and they like that. But we know the downside to being a guy, they know the downside to being female. Grass...greener...fence

* technically I was not in guy's clothes. Everything I had on was Lori's except no wig (even had light makeup)
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-06-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: forgot the * explanation
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    No.

Do CD's and men have it easier and better than our opposit gender????
    No. I dress as I please and I don't feel as if I'm missing out on anything. If I want to be casual, I am. If I want to be comfy, I am. If I want to dress up, I do. Etc. As to being a CD, I would not like to feel compelled to engage in a behavior that society tells me is unacceptable. This would be too stressful. And I would not like to direct my sexual attention to anything that is not my partner.

You're speaking from the point of view of your own fantasy which, I take it, brings you to such highs that you find it unimaginable living without it and you cannot understand why non-CDers would not want to have this fetish. Although I do not condemn fetishes (they simply are not for me), I do see fetishes as living outside of reality, and if it is strong enough it can take away from relationships with real people. I consider all our various relationships to be our most important life assets; life is lonely indeed without true connections with other people. So how could I have true connections if I live a hidden life, and in a sexual relationship, how could I have true connections if I have a sex life that is totally or partially outside of the relationship?

Disclaimer: My words above speak only to the CDers for whom dressing is not an expression of a feminine identity, or for whom the CDing is sexual and who obtain pleasure from it whether their partner is in the room with them or not. Although having this fantasy is fun for the CDer and if he is single he should enjoy it, I would not want to be the partner of a fetishist, unless of course I obtained equal sexual pleasure from the same fetish (for example, a femme Domme with a male sub). But as a GG, it is difficult for me to feel as sexually excited as my partner would be when he dresses, should he be a fetish CDer. Clothes just don't turn me on, and fundamentally, GGs don't turn me on either.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-06-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    .... It took me 20 minutes from start of shower to out the door. Would GGs like that? Probably. How many time have you heard "Sometimes I wish I was a guy so I could...." from your SO...Both sides have the pluses and minuses.... Grass...greener...fence
    I think you are right .. I've had this discussion with my SO. While it takes me longer to get girled up when we go out as two women, when we do go out as male and female, she complains about how long it doesn't take me. Having said that, she's very girly -- i've only heard her wish she was a male a couple of times and that wont be discussed here. :censored:

Banned Read only
    I'm not a GG but...

FACT: The amount of TIME [and money] any given female will spend on her appearance will almost always be directly proportional to how hard she is looking for a partner [male or female] or simply, how high is her need for attention. And just because SOME women already have partners, doesn't mean they won't still dress "for attention". Undoubtedly, the media and the internet share most of the blame for this "unreasonable expectation" for females? Well, maybe not. I think all the magazines with all their airbrushed covers at any checkout counter are the real culprit that few women WON'T be exposed to. At the very least, they are shot with IDEAL [probably artificial] LIGHTING which does not exist in the RW.

Of course MEN have it easier. Most men won't spend the time or money to do makeup because...it won't help them, in any way, shape or form. They likely won't spend any money on padding, support and shapewear because it won't help them in any way, shape or form.

Needing to spend less TIME and MONEY on their appearance as a man? I consider that easier.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 06-06-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: sp

Banned Read only
    Reine, I think you totally missed the boat as to what I was saying and how did fetish get in there. My post was simply male vs female dressing and presenting. CD's love to dress feminine which takes more time and money, women must dress feminine as demanded by our society (i.e. wearing a bra, make-up, getting their hair colored and set, stockings, shapers, etc.; these are required when they work in a professional office or dinner at a nice restaurant, etc.) Compared to men that aren't required to wear underwear, accessorize to the extent of women, hair colored or set, etc. In other words dressing as a man is easier and cheaper than as a woman, so I think some women are envious of this. A male-to -female CD has a choice to dress feminine only when he wants to where women in a professional or formal setting donot. Hope everyone understands where I was going with this. By-thu-way, when a woman spends an hour getting ready for 3 or 4 hours turning heads and getting compliments the trade off just might be worth it.

Silver Member
    Per this forum over half of our CD's said they would not want to dress full time as a woman; to much time, expense and being uncomfortable. Do CD's and men have it easier and better than our opposit gender????

Heck no you don't.

most CD'rs tend to put a lot of work into trying to look like they think they are supposed to as women. They want to be very feminine and need the cloths to do it, or to give them the feeling that they are.

I live full time as a woman and dress comfortably - simple blouses, t-shirts and jeans...sometimes a skirt and on occasion a simple dress. Most days I am ready and out the door in 15-20mins. for work.
    It would be boring to most crossdressers.
    But the thing is I'm still feminine

I'm not chasing the those feelings the CD's get by wearing silky panties and getting all dolled up. I don't have to.

Oh, totally, if I were a man, I would be totally ripped...I'd be a regular Don Juan...do some modeling on the side...I'd be roguishly handsome...hilarious and witty... Every day, I would wake up in a James Bond suit.

That's like how it feels to be a guy right?

Yeah...I'd be a completely different person. Definitely NOT myself...only with a penis...no, no, no, I would be nothing like I am now.

On a serious note, everyone enjoys looking "nice" sometimes. Everyone is different; therefore, my definition of "nice" is probably very different from another woman's definition of nice. (I swear, we don't have a hive mentality). Do I scrub the toilet in thighs highs and and a corset? No. Like most people, I save my "nice" clothes for going out...when other people can see them. I do enjoy dressing up for sexual purposes with my boyfriend, but it's not really the clothes that turn me on...it's just looking sexy for my boyfriend. It makes me feel confidant.

A lot of guys have their standard "going out" look. They have a daily routine that they go through in the morning...for many, it includes a suit and tie. At the end of the day, many men like to take off that suit and tie...relax a bit. Many women feel EXACTLY the same...they get ready for work, spend all day in those clothes, and then "get comfortable" as soon as they get home.

It's really not that big of a mystery.

So, yeah, I come home and get cozy. Sometimes, I'll come home and get dressed up in a different way to surprise my SO. That's my norm. If I were a guy, I would probably be doing VERY similar things...come home, get cozy...or, maybe I'd splash on some cologne and break out a bottle of wine for my SO...

Either way, I don't get turned on by clothes now, and I'm pretty sure my "male-self" wouldn't be very turned on exclusively by clothes either. So, I think that's just ME and has very little to do with what's going on between my legs.

The fact of the matter is that if you're one of those people that just rolls out of bed in the morning...if you're too busy to be bothered with running a comb through your hair, you likely would not be a girl that takes 2 hours to get ready in the morning. You would probably be a female version of your male-self.

However, many, many people have days that they go "whole hog" and spend the day pampering themselves. The fact that they don't do it often is what makes it special.

Like most things in life, the "allure" and "fun" in activity diminishes once it becomes routine.

Here's a tip: Wear what you want...make it about YOU and not about anyone else.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 06-06-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Considering that the vast majority of TG individuals seem to be MTF the answer seems to be "no."

Think about it. Why would someone give up being able to experience the full gamut of self-expression in favor of being restricted to those modes available to males? There are very few "masculine" activities in which females aren't allowed to participate. Women doing masculine things are considered to be trendy and empowered and they are often encouraged in these endeavors. No stigma to escape there!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    Oh, totally, if I were a man, I would be totally ripped...I'd be a regular Don Juan...do some modeling on the side...I'd be roguishly handsome...hilarious and witty... Every day, I would wake up in a James Bond suit.

That's like how it feels to be a guy right?
    Now where did you get that from (I love sarcasm..). Yeah if I were a woman men would fall at my feet...we've heard that before

A lot of guys have their standard "going out" look. They have a daily routine that they go through in the morning...for many, it includes a suit and tie. At the end of the day, many men like to take off that suit and tie...relax a bit. Many women feel EXACTLY the same...they get ready for work, spend all day in those clothes, and then "get comfortable" as soon as they get home.
    best analogy yet. But my uncle was just like Mr Rogers...he would come home, take off a suit and tie and put on a sport jacket to do yard work...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

NEVER
    I just want to be me I sometimes get all dressed up ( makeup ect) and I sometimes I am casual jeans, capris or skirts with no makeup cept lippy

. It took me 20 minutes from start of shower to out the door. Would GGs like that?
    I can and do that when casual ..... shower....put my hair in a pony....put on sundress and lippy and out the door
    Last edited by Di; 06-06-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Banned Read only
    Lorileah is not kidding. I actually saw an IBM engineer mowing his lawn in a sport coat, shirt, tie, and slacks?????

Me, when I'm in guy mode it takes me anywhere from one minute to five to get out of the house dressed for any occasion. En femme, if I'm sans makeup, ten minutes tops. Maybe, it's because I've thought about what ensemble I'm going to wear for a couple of hours before.

As to casual dress for women. Yikes, professionalism is down the crapper. I went to a retirement function yesterday and maybe 10% of the women wore anything remotely having a hem. Frankly, the vast majority of them, if they wanted to get comfortable when getting home, they'd be totally naked.

Reine, I think you totally missed the boat as to what I was saying and how did fetish get in there. My post was simply male vs female dressing and presenting.
    Sorry Deebra. Sometimes I have tunnel vision ... reading too many posts I guess.

CD's love to dress feminine which takes more time and money, women must dress feminine as demanded by our society (i.e. wearing a bra, make-up, getting their hair colored and set, stockings, shapers, etc.; these are required when they work in a professional office or dinner at a nice restaurant, etc.) Compared to men that aren't required to wear underwear, accessorize to the extent of women, hair colored or set, etc. In other words dressing as a man is easier and cheaper than as a woman, so I think some women are envious of this.
    No, we're not envious. Not in the least.

And the "dressing up" rules apply to both men and women, not just women. Men who work in offices can't just show up in tattered jeans and baseball caps either. The more professional the office, like a lawyer's office for example, the dressier will be both the men AND women. The more casual the office (for example a car rental place), the more casual will be both men AND women. If someone works in a meat-packing plant, then they'll wear clothes that they don't mind getting all grungy.

As to CDs loving to dress up in all kinds of finery and having this elevate their moods beyond the way they feel when they're dressed as men, if this is not fetish then what is it? Remember, I'm not talking about a transsexual here or a CD who dresses for identity reasons. A fetish (a love of an object) doesn't have to be sexual for it to be a fetish, although judging by the volume of trans-porn/dating/chat/etc sites on the web, there are a great many CDers for whom it IS a sexual fetish.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-06-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    just like Mr Rogers...he would come home, take off a suit and tie and put on a sport jacket to do yard work...
    My day is pretty much JUST like that...except, I play with waaaaaaay more puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Lorileah is not kidding. I actually saw an IBM engineer mowing his lawn in a sport coat, shirt, tie, and slacks?????

As to casual dress for women. Yikes, professionalism is down the crapper. I went to a retirement function yesterday and maybe 10% of the women wore anything remotely having a hem. Frankly, the vast majority of them, if they wanted to get comfortable when getting home, they'd be totally naked.
    I would actually LOVE for my neighbors to read this. It seems like everywhere I move, there is always some dude that likes to come home, get half-naked, and then ride around on his lawnmower. The wives aren't much better...they come home, get half naked, throw on a bikini top, and try their hand at digging in the dirt. They are also HUGE FANS of visors...but, I can tell you...these people have not stepped foot on a tennis court.

The only glaring issue I see with your post is "professionalism is down the crapper [...] I went to a retirement function yesterday..." PSSSSSSSH...when I retire, I am burning everything "business casual." I will do my part as a post-modern consumer and retiree buying outfits that I actually enjoy...as in NOT professional attire. I saw a "khaki skirt" the other day in the women's business casual section...it was so traumatizing that I began to beat myself with wire hangers.

I even saw a guy at a job interview in khakis...I nearly passed out on the floor.

On the other hand, I had a BLAST at Jos. A. Banks with my SO. I didn't know LEGIT suits were so...complex. THE suit is a dying masterpiece. The professional female wardrobe got stuck in this awkward place of being feminine, but not feminine enough to be sexy. Not many of us want to "get sexy" for work. (Unless, you're a stripper...but, I'd be a horrible stripper because if a man tossed me a couple $1s to dance, I'd throw them back at him and tell him to get a job). So, we're stuck with half-assery and khakis.

If I didn't wear scrubs to work...I would probably rock an awesome suit, and I'm not even lying. If I were me, I'd do me in a suit...and, I am and would Figure that out.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 06-06-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

In my whole life I probably only saw 5 women who I thought wanted to be men. Two dressed up in men's suits, one was dressed in guy clothes shopping for guy clothes in a thrift store, another was shopping for men's pants, and a college girl was buying men's underwear with a little bit of shame on her face.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 06-07-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Homophobia will not be tolerated

I don't know why a woman would ever want to be a man. Women are at the top of the food chain and men are below them. Why would a woman want to step-down and be a man? There are many times that I am ashamed to be genetically male because of the senseless violence and wars that are perpetuated by men most of which is in the quest or proving who has the largest package. Do you realize that 95 percent of all violent crime is committed by men? It is completely senseless to me and I just don't get it. Women are much more evolved intellectually and emotionally whereas most men are ruled by their little head and they allow it to make most of their decisions.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.