Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your take on dressing with other CD's

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I don't like getting dressed with anyone in the room no matter what it is I'm wearing. Guess I'm just too self-conscious about it. Going out in the finished product however, yeah, I'm all in hanging out with others
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I enjoy going out with other "girls" but that is dinner or shopping. Getting undressed with someone else isn't something I am at all interested in. I couldn't stand someone seeing my ugly male features and I sure do not want to see them undressed or in any kind of in between state of dress.
    I think this is fairly close to my feelings on the matter too. I don't even like seeing myself in the mirror in that "in-between" state, I especially hate it when I'm going from Autumn to "everyday me"... I'm not super fond of him to begin with and I really wouldn't want anyone else seeing me that way either.

I love going out and being social with other girls though, I wouldn't even mind meeting at someone's place for a get together.... once I'm beyond the "in-between" stage.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Having CD girlfriends is great fun. We go out to dinner together, we go clubbing together, we party together, and we visit together. It's no big deal after you get to know your CD neighbors. We're all friends with no hidden agendas. We've been getting together on Fridays for many years now.

Let me start by saying that, for me, sex is not on the table. My dressing has nothing to do with sex.

I don't find the idea of two CDers primping each other to be odd any more than the idea of two GGs primping each other. I perceive each person to be the gender they present and interact with them according to the gender I am presenting.

When I was first contemplating going out I would have loved to have had a "big sister" (GG or CD) to show me a few feminine ropes. I pretty much taught myself how to do everything and it was a steep learning curve. It was the prospect that a primping session might lead to an expectation of something more that kept me from seeking that path.

I do enjoy having CD and CDSO girlfriends and going out with them. They understand me in ways that no non-CD can and we have great fun together!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

No interest whatsoever. I have a handful of gg's that I can hang out with if I want to "hang out with the girls"
    I will say in my younger years I did have an experience with another CD, under the guise of going and hanging out, but that wasn't really her real agenda.

Creep, gay, weird??? Come on people get a life. We are adults who should have some street smarts by now even if we live in the suburbs. It only gets weird if one let's it get to that point. There is always "No Thank you" and the door. Some of us are fortunate enough to be able to dress and have the courage and confidence to get out of the house occasionally or whenever we want. We happen to be in the small minority. It may seem weird to some of you who do get out just because you may not understand why they just don't go out. In my opinion, it takes a lot more courage and confidence to go out in public than to meet one or maybe 2-3 other CD's in a private house or motel room. Shit can happen to us anywhere, dressed with others, alone or dressed as our natural gender.

What about those good CD folks that just need a safe place to go? Going to someone's house or to a motel room is a sane and safe way to do that, if you take precautions. The first one is to know face to face who you will eventually dress with. Talk with them and let your adult senses and experiences tell you if this may be a good person to share some time with or not. Maybe the first time it is to dress in one outfit to see how everything goes and then maybe have a drink, Coke, juice or coffee are just fine, and talk about whatever. One thing I bet is that after a few times of this the conversation will be less about crossdressing and more about each other's lives and problems. I also think that though you may get some assistance with makeup, nails and dressing at first but that too will also fade away.

I say try it. I did the first time I fully dressed. I took a chance and it worked out wonderfully for me, and I was careful too. If more people get out, it will be better for them and everyone else. These are those baby steps for getting out of the house and into the real world. This happens to be a safe and good way to build up confidence, abilities and courage.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I don't find the idea of two CDers primping each other to be odd any more than the idea of two GGs primping each other.
    Sorry, but two CD's pimping each other just sounds bizarre to me.

I agree with Allie: get a life, folks. I think it's a great idea for like-minded CDers to have a small social gathering like this. Nobody is forced to dress in another's presence, and if two people agree on assisting each other, fine with me. I would prefer to dress alone, but I would welcome a little help with the corset - I don't have enough arms and they don't bend right.
    The idea for inviting SO's is great, Jaylyn.
    If you're passable and comfortable out and about then maybe this isn't for you, but darn it, do you have to so judgemental?
    I guess I need a new dictionary. Mine doesn't define "gay" the way Lorileah's does.

The only conceivable way I would meet another CD and dress up would be if sex was a non starter of an idea.
    Dress up, go over the top trannified? Sure fine, why not right?
    Go out clubbing (to a CD friendly establishment)? EVEN BETTER!

But keep that thing in you knickers thanks
    Samantha -x-

I am very independent, and don't want anyone to help me with any of my makeup or dressing! I fix Alice up my way! But, am willing to meet a cd, with no sex involved, not letting anyone change me.

For me, the height of crossdressing pleasure is to be with my wife or a close female friend and just relax and talk and be. There are trannies who like to form a group and go out on the town in makeup and heels, but I'm not one of them. To each his/her own, I suppose .. x
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

If I want my hair or nails done well, I make an appointment at the salon. If I need makeup help, the MAC or Ulta stores are happy for my business, and have real professionals to do it and offer advice. I've gotten pretty good at fastening my corset and things with weirdly placed hooks and zippers over the years, although having an assistant would sometimes make things go faster. I don't really want anybody else to see me in my pre-transformed maleness. My sexual interests run exclusively to natal females. So the idea of dressing with others -- as opposed to being dressed around others, which I do all the time -- just doesn't appeal to me at all.

(Don't get the wrong impression -- I'm not antisocial or averse to helping a sister zip up her dress from time to time -- I just don't like displaying the raw clay before it is sculpted into something more attractive.)

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

There's dressing together. Then, there's dressing together!!!!

I've dressed in the same apt or hotel room with other CDs. In the bathroom, in private!

I have no interest in someone seeing my junk or how I put on my female figure. Nor have I any interest in their's!

I've also had another CD do my makeup. Because I SUCK at make up! There was nothing erotic about that experience for either of us.

Like Karren suggested. A group of girls with their foundations already on trying on dresses could be fun!

But, stay away from my hands and feet and I'll do likewise with u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,and then I heard the sound of my alarm clock go off, and I shut it down and jumped out of bed and into the the shower and shot off to work and had to be there by 6:00am. On my way to work, I realized , that all of this was only just a dream ,a dream I could not help having. And then life rolled along. I then got off of work that very day and emailed my sweet loving sisters, and I suggested, "Hey, my fellow cross dressing friends" ,,"can I meet you all down town at Starbucks for some coffee out on the public patio at 1:15pm?
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 06-07-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Hmmm...I believe that one should follow their instincts, priorities and guidelines, make them known and be an adult about it. Put the cards on the table and be honest. For me, I have dressed with another and his wife was present who helped with make up and such. Also we were with a transgendered individual and another Cd'er. We all went out and had a very good time. Everything was straight up and we all knew our places. Each individual must decide for themselves what is right for them. Sex or no sex, Cd'ing is not about that from my perspective it's about self discovery and enjoying life as you are. Just be smart and careful!

I had coffee with one of the girls from this fourm. We did dress just had a nice talk. If I knew the girls I'd do it but dressing only.
    Angie

Not my personal "cup of tea" Hon. I'm my own person whether I'm in guy or girl mode and no one else but me does my makeup or takes care of my wardrobe. As far as getting together as a group to do a "touchy-feely" sex thing, I think it's extremely weird to say the least. If I like someone I have no problem letting my feelings known to them but that too is a personal thing between the two of us. It sounds to me like this group thing is mostly an excuse to do stuff some would not normally do. Just my take on it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have read no mention of what goes on at "changing rooms" dedicated to the CD world. Because I am out to most,I haven't had reason to use any of these places as I arrive dressed. However,I may be there to meet someone before going out to a meeting,etc..Some changing spaces are vanilla,and others not so much so. But,it all goes the same and I continue to say that most T girls play well together[I mean get along! lol]. Sam the plumber arrives in his coveralls and leaves as Samantha[very happy] and Don the well dressed lawyer transforms into Dianne[whose hem length pushes the line lol] and Dianne is happy with her look. And,it really isn't much different than what goes on in an athletic club locker room...just people changing their packaging to one that suits them better. Sure some people ask for help with things,and some of us help them without reading anything into it. My experiences anyway..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Read only
    Tara D. Rose, that story was just strange and somewhat creepy...

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Creep, gay, weird??? Come on people get a life.
    I agree! Some of these threads seem to have judgement in them and I am often astounded. My view is that no one is better than anyone else.

If someone enjoys non-sexual dress up parties than I say 'Awesome!'

If someone enjoys sexual dress up parties than I say 'Awesome!'

I happen to prefer the latter.

To me Cding is a personal private event..I will go out dressed but even doing that is very rare and it depends on the company..I see nothing wrong with dressing with other Cders it's just not for me..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't think I wouldn't be interested in doing something like that.
    I prefer to dress myself and don't want to help pull up another CD's hose that seems creepy.
    If that seems cool to you go ahead.Don't bend over without looking behind you LOL.J/K

I prefer to do my makeup, get dressed etc. by myself. I do enjoy visiting with some CDs; it depends upon the topics of conversation.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I don't find the idea of two CDers primping each other to be odd any more than the idea of two GGs primping each other.

Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    Sorry, but two CD's pimping each other just sounds bizarre to me.
    Umm, read more carefully. That's "primping," not "pimping" and I didn't make a typo in my post.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Normally, my gf and I get dressed together. However, there are a couple situations where we have additional company. It happens often enough, that we installed three makeup stations.

Sometimes, we host dinner parties for local girls, and their spouses. Other times, we go out dancing with friends. It isn't unusual for a couple people to show up early, to eat pizza and get ready at our place.

I can't remember a time that we physically helped each other, but we do trade a lot of tips. The big difference from dressing alone... sitting in front of a mirror is more enjoyable when you have someone to talk with.