Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was invited to ride a trans float in the LA Pride Parade. What would u do?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question I was invited to ride a trans float in the LA Pride Parade. What would u do?

I was invited to ride a trans float in the Los Angeles Pride parade this Sunday. At first, I was very excited! Sherry is pretty vain and a bit of an exhibitionist, after all.

However, after thinking about it I'm not sure I should go. Sherry may NOT be the best person to represent our "community". With the prosthesis, masks and all.

If just one person thinks trans r all "freaks" or "pervs" after seeing Sherry out there, I'd rather she didn't go.

And, I'm NOT able to face a large crowd as just myself dressed. The reason why I wear masks is because I dislike the "man in a dress" look I present so much.

Honestly, if u were me, what would u do?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry, go have fun...Pride isn't the best at representing many facets of the TG world so you won't be making anyone uncomfortable. This should be a mostly accepting crowd.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Just go with your heart I think you'd be a great representative, but as I said do what your heart tells ya then you will be happier and have no regrets.

Lots of colorful folks attend Pride events.. Besides the political aspects.. there is some fun planned.. I seriously doubt that "our Sherry" would have a negative impact on the community. How many haters attend Pride events? Maybe a protestor or two.... Who cares? I say.. If you want to attend.... DO IT!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Get dressed and jump up on the float..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

I can agree with your sentiments but what if you worked on your face a little.
    Familiarity does breed contempt and we all see our own bumps and warts.
    I would go for heavy makeup plaster it on and you would probably look the part.
    Have you been asked because of the way you normally present because if that is the case those that have asked may be disappointed.
    I would ask and make every effort to appear in the parade.
    As you appear here you are your own entity and have been to Hamburger Mary's without problem as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would encourage you to go. The parade is about promoting tolerance for individual expression in all its diversity instead of living as clones of each other.

Hopefully it will not be to warm because that could be uncomfortable.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "T" community so some will take offence and others will be supportive but if you try to go through life never making waves you will never really live but always remain a shadow of yourself.

I know because I was an expert at living that way.

Platinum Member
    I think you should do it. You represent a part of our community, and honestly, is any one of us an ideal representative of anything?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I thought you were in Florida? My memory needs some concealer I guess!

Will you happen to be in LA anyhow? If not then be sure that you get a clear agreement about who will pay expenses for your travel and stay, then make your decision and go have fun.

Sherry's a SoCal girl!

I think that you should go for it. You'll be one of hundreds of people celebrating our diversity and you certainly represent one facet of that diversity. I bet that you'll have a lot of fun too!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Go have fun Sherry

Yes, you should definitely participate. I know I would be looking forward to reading you wonderful stories about the good and the bad.

Sherry...go, but go as the woman behind the mask...such a great opportunity to be you. It's a parade for who we are, a time to shine on who YOU are. Think about it....you'll be great!

Sounds like fun -- but be careful of the heat and sun. I've ridden (in drab) in parades before and wound up wringing wet without the extra burden of your layers of plastic. Bring plenty of water and stay hydrated.

- Diane

No one will judge you for the mask.

You know what they say: "whatever boats your float".
    Life is a dream we wake from.

Just do it! It is great fun and will become a great story when you come out to your grandkids!! lol You could get a pro to do your makeup and skip the mask..How do you eat a burger in a mask,anyway? lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

However, after thinking about it I'm not sure I should go. Sherry may NOT be the best person to represent our "community". With the prosthesis, masks and all.
    Awwwwww hon I think you would represent our community with alot of grace and class

Go and enjoy!!!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Do the parade Sherry!!!! A little pep talk for you. You are the Doc, the woman, the myth, the legend, the mask, Sherry!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

The Milwaukee Pride parade also occours this Sunday to wrap up the three day Pridefest celebration on our lakefront. Sherry, you may not wish to take part in your local parade for your obvious reasons, but if an invitation to ride a float and participate in our local parade, was ever extended to me, I would jump at the chance, and I would do it just as Jill presents herself in other public venues. I am intending to attend Pridefest at least one day (hopefully two) of the three day event.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Silver Member
    Doc - No one can "represent" our "community", whatever that means. At least one person is going to think you and everyone else is a "perv", mask or no mask.

You were invited. Your call. You always look great. Go and have fun.

You only live once, and if that is something you might want to do DO IT!
    LA / California is about as open minded as you will ever find in the USA, so if you want to do it, do it.

I'd say it's time to start practicing that "look at me, I'm on a float" wave all the ladies have and go enjoy yourself!
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Have you been out in the sun in your mask for any significant length of time? You might want to consider a different mask, such as a Mardi Gras mask that just covers your eyes and nose. You might find it empowering to show your face in public en femme in such a public way. It is funny... You are about to wear women's wear on a float in a parade and you are worried about what you will put on your face!

I think that you should do it! To be offered a chance on the float...you have been acknowledged by the people and they have noticed you. Its time for Sherry to take her bow...

Go!
    GO, ALREADY!!!!!!!!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)