Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pierced Ears!! Yay!!

Pierced Ears!! Yay!!

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted my ears pierced.

The ultra-paranoid, closet dwelling, transsexual-in-denial that I was, however, I thought pierced ears would be a complete, dead giveaway that I was unforgivably and undeniably different.

Had I pierced my ears, after all, it would have changed everything. Such a thing I could not hide. Such a thing would be visible to all. Such a thing would be noticed by all. And such a thing would seal my fate.

“Hey everybody, check out the tall freaky looking dude with the pierced ears,” I was afraid someone inevitably would yell out. “Dude must think she’s a chick! Let’s string her up, teach her some lessons, and show her there’s no place for circus-show abominations like her around these here parts!!”

Whether such a scenario would have actually come to pass, though, was irrelevant. Because in the end, the reality of the situation did not really matter. All that really mattered was that I believed such a thing would have happened, and that scared the absolute crap out of me.

So I caved in. I refused to take the risk.

Even worse, though, is that I believe I was actually incapable of taking the risk, as crazy and dumb as that may sound. I mean, what’s the big deal anyways, right? And what’s the risk? Only about one gazillion men and women have pierced ears. It ain’t no big deal. It ain’t no big deal at all. It just isn’t.

Yet, I could not do it. I did not have it in me. As much as I desperately wanted to pierce my ears, I knew – I just knew – that had I done so, it would have marked the beginning of the end for me.

Looking back on it, I recognize just how silly, ridiculous, and just plain stupid I was. The thing is, I was afraid. I was afraid of everyone and everything, and I was also afraid of myself.

Piercing my ears, as badly as I wanted to, was simply out of the question. It was something that was never, ever going to happen in my life. It just wasn't an option.

Fortunately, however, as I have discovered over the past couple of years, I have been wrong about a great deal many things. In fact, if anyone has been keeping score, I’m sure that I am getting my butt absolutely and thoroughly kicked in the game I have been playing against myself.

And like all those other things that I have been so completely wrong about, I was also wrong in thinking that I couldn’t get my ears pierced. I was wrong because last Friday I actually did it, and proved myself wrong. Last Friday, in fact, I walked into a Claire’s store in the mall, and a kind, sociable, friendly store associate pierced my ears, and it was awesome!!!

Now, like so many other people in this world, I too have my ears pierced! Being just one more person among the masses with pierced ears, though, I get that it’s no big deal. It’s common place, even.

But to me, as insignificant as this is, that I have finally done so, after all this time, I find it immensely meaningful. To be sure, I am actually quite pleased with myself and proud of my accomplishment, as small a thing as it may be.

Still, I gotta laugh at myself for being so foolish for so long, particularly given all the other things I have done to date.

Regardless, I'm all smiles now.

Isn't it funny, though, how some of the truly smallest things in life can mean so much?

I wanna do that too. Is it possible to get them pierced without using metal earrings?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I pierced my left ear in 1981. Over the next few years I added #2 & #3 to the left. In the early 90's I did one in the right ear, and not too long after added 2 more in the right. I have 3 small diamonds in each ear and they are plainly visible at work because I wear my hair in a ponytail. Nobody cares.

Congrats Anne
    ​Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    For as long as I can remember, I have wanted my ears pierced...

But to me, as insignificant as this is, that I have finally done so, after all this time, I find it immensely meaningful. To be sure, I am actually quite pleased with myself and proud of my accomplishment, as small a thing as it may be.

Still, I gotta laugh at myself for being so foolish for so long, particularly given all the other things I have done to date.

Regardless, I'm all smiles now.

Isn't it funny, though, how some of the truly smallest things in life can mean so much?
    Perhaps it is a sign that your starting to "grow a thicker skin"...which is a good thing for a T girl to have!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I too want so much to have pierced ears. I am an old fart and have a bunch of macho kids. I am perceived by my friends as a pretty macho dude (if they only knew). I wore a pair of earrings that looked real to a dinner one night as a fun thing and everyone of my friends had a negative reaction. What's a girl to do?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    @Anne, congratulations! You might say that it's no big thing, but this step actually represented an immense hurdle for you at the time so it is a great achievement

@Ellen, go to a reputable piercing parlour and discuss it with them. I believe that most places recommend titanium studs for the first few weeks, but these ar every discreet. The staff in the parlour will be able to discuss the for and against of using clear plastic studs instead of the titanium.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I am not worried about discreet. I work with high voltages and I am not allowed to have any metal on my body while doing certain things. So I cannot have any metal studs in while at work. Plastic or ceramic is ok but can they be used for the first few weeks?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

@Ellen. Ask your piercing studio to use "bioplast" jewellery, it should work for you, there a a few negative reports on using bioplast for the initial piercing, but I suggest you you it. Its usually used on areas exposed to lots of movement and metal allergies. And yes, it can be sterilized. BTW, I own a piercing body art studio.

YMMV
    Congrats Anne! I hope you enjoy your piercings
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Just think all that time you were thinking of being an out cast for having your ears pierced.
    These days is so second nature for ppl to say anyhing about it, especially if you look at what their doing now with them big holes in the ears. thats so digusting and what til they wanna get a jib and they wont get it because of that on the down side.
    Ive had my ears pierced for 20 yrs now and have 2 in each and just live being able to wear a wide assortment of earrings. welcome to the club girl once they heal youll be changing them all the time .
    Renee

Congrats Anne. The world is often a lot scarier in our minds than in reality. Enjoy!
    Hugs,
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Hey Anne! Now go to the crafts store, get some earring hooks, gold wire and some nice things to hang on them, and have fun!
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Congrats on that big step Anne. I know exactly how you feel. I pierced both of mine back in March and I still feel that way about them.

When I was in high school I had my left ear pierced and let it close when I went into the military. After so many years without piercings I went all the way and did them both.

Now comes the fun part. Learning to make them yourself and buying earrings you like.

Love and Lots of Hugs,
    Jamie
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Silver Member
    It is such a simple thing but very meaningful, thats when yo start feeling a little like your freeing yourself from the corner you have been trapped in, or thats the way I felt. She is getting a breath of air

I know exactly what you feel!

I too was simply too afraid of any smallest hint, as to not give a footing for a possible outing, hance I have become hyper masculine. Pierced ears were not on the menu.
    Even after my FFS, I still was saving my self from this denied celebration.
    Then one day in the middle of the mall I came to a conclusion that enough is enough and had them pierced right there and then!
    Amazinly, undeniably most complicated simple decission I have ever made.....

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Remember, that if you are moving forward, no step is too small.

Those of us who are standing still are really moving backward.

Congratulations to you girl.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

yeah anne!! congrats to you, and enjoy them. its such a wonderful feeling to have your ears pierced.
    i always thought you were beautiful even before you pierced them
    paula

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Sitting here with my studs in my ears and reliving the whole experience through your words. Once done it is so liberating! Enjoy the wide selection of earrings for pierced ears.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

And see.... The sky didn't fall!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

You did the right thing Anne. Good for you!

That's great hun! I also got my ears pierced at Claire's in the mall... almost 3 years ago. Congrats! That's a big step!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

If you think it's fun and wonderful now, just wait for your first pair of hoops, or long drop earrings.
    Very happyness making.

I have had both mine done since 1977. Joined the Navy and that was the thing to do at the time. I want to get my nipples pierced next. Here I am 53 almost...

I think I will get my ears pierced as well to go along with my light makeup, femme hair cut, and obvious breast projection.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Claire's you say? I think they did my daughters. I was thinking the only place to do it now a days was a tatoo parlor . . .
    Hugs,
    'lissa

"The second life isn't like the first one, is it?"
    "Sometimes, it's even better."
    ~ Elektra Natchios & Stick, Elektra (Movie) 2005, R. Metzner, S. Zicherman, Z. Penn