Thread: Are They Comfortable?

Are They Comfortable?

I was out and about today (en femme, of course) running some errands. I stopped in at a delightful little independent gift and card store in Studio City.

As I was browsing I came face to face with a young woman wearing a pair of studded platform super-stilettoes that looked pretty much like this:

"Oh!," I exclaimed, "I love your shoes!"

"Thanks," she said with a smile, "They're my current favorite 'go to' pair."

"Are they comfortable?" I asked.

She gave me a conspiratorial grin, "Of course not!" she said, and we both giggled.

We chatted a bit more, mostly about where she'd gotten her shoes and the bargain she'd gotten on them, and we parted ways.

I had to rush home to frantically get changed for a dinner party (I had 20 minutes to get ready). As I was getting dressed I thought, "Damn! If she can do it, I can!"

So I strapped on my brand new patent leather 5" (12.7 cm) stilettoes with a 1/2" (1.27 cm) platform and headed out the door.

Throughly enjoyed the evening of excellent food and great conversation, but I must say that it does tire one's feet out a bit to spend extended periods standing and chatting with people.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 06-08-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Sometimes the pain is worth it. Wearing those heels is definitely worth it!

How did your feet feel the next day?

Three inch heels are all I can wear. I bought 4 inch heels and are way too uncomfortable. I have a pair of knee boots that have a 1 inch heel and these are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn, including my male boots.

If you are asking if 5" platforms are more comfortable to wear versus a regular 5" pump then yes they are. Its like wearing a five inch heel with a three inch feel.

Platinum Member
    I gotta give you credit...those are too high for me. Really cute and fun to wear, I'm sure. I admire your fortitude!

Wow, we should call you iron feet for making it through the night in those. I really can't do the 5 inch heels, just not comfy. Plus I'm not a fan of how they look.

I agree that boots are usually more comfy than pumps for the same heel height. 3 inch ones are pretty easy, 4 inch heels for times when you don't have to walk and stand so much.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    As my loved ex father in law always told his daughters- it hurts to be beautiful!

I love the heels, I find that My favorite pair after I wear them a while get more and more comfortable.
    The shoes stretch and my feet get for accustomed to them. Life is good after a while.

You just have to work your way thru the pain.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I have looked over numerous pair of "studded heels" all the while LMAO! WTF are they for,kicking a reptile out of the way? What a silly look that even get sillier with the studs up the length of the stilleto heel!! Guess that helps with ankle biting dogs!!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

You should never wear shoes all day the first time, you need to break your feet into them. a few hours a day and more and more as time goes by. Sometimes they will never fit right and you will always have problems. Make sure they fit, make sure you get the right size and if you do plan on wearing them all day, have band-aids handy and use them the second you feel something start to rub. You can end up with blisters really fast and sores on your feet are not good. You could always carry a spare set of shoes you know won't hurt your feet with you and change into them. But, if you get blisters within the first hour, you will have a long painful day and that not what you want.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Good advice in general, Amy! But, like most other women, I seldom follow i!

These shoes fit well (as well as stilettos ever fit!). They still require some awareness, particularly on streets, sidewalks, and sudden changes in floor coverings, tilted floors and the like. Downhills could easily change into a tumble if one is not careful.

I seldom think about taking a change of shoes unless I plan something that requires such a change.

And even I was surprised, my feet feel fine today Suzy! No leg cramps during the night either. But no plans call for heels today!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 06-08-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The 5" platform wedges Payless sells are surprisingly comfortable--they're just like wearing a 3 1/2" heel. At my weight, I'm always afraid I'll break a heel wearing stilettos anymore, but these wedges are wonderful.

love,love,love wearing heals,but not sure if I could wear those. I'm afraid of heights ! LOL

I'll wear a pair of 4" heels until I have to walk too far. Then I bring a back up pair of flats.... The higher the heel the shorter the walk. A pair of 5" heels I call my S&M shoes. That means they're good to Stand and Model... walking... not so much...

Renne.....

If it improves your look for the evning, a little pain is worth it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Friday evening I was out with the girls in 4 inch pumps and a lovely soft leather corset. After 7 hours of dinner and clubbing and flirting I was very happy to get out of the corset, and the heels too. What does comfort have to do with looking good for a classy old broad. That's what I have boy clothes for!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Friday evening I was out with the girls in 4 inch pumps and a lovely soft leather corset. After 7 hours of dinner and clubbing and flirting I was very happy to get out of the corset, and the heels too. What does comfort have to do with looking good for a classy old broad. That's what I have boy clothes for!
    Perfectly stated....

I was at Payless one time not long ago and they had a pair of platforms at a really great price, BUT!!!, They made me 6" higher, Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb. 6' 7" Lady, I don't think so, OK if I was just going to wear them in the house, but what fun would that be.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    I have looked over numerous pair of "studded heels" all the while LMAO! WTF are they for,kicking a reptile out of the way? What a silly look that even get sillier with the studs up the length of the stilleto heel!! Guess that helps with ankle biting dogs!!
    I chuckle at them too, but who can predict fashion? If we wanted comfortable and practical we'd all be wearing Keds canvas sneakers and how much fun would that be?

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/...NMS8177_mx.jpg

(only $1495!)
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

LOL, they look like armadillo armor. Having said that, i have several of his shoes - they certainly do turn heads. and yes, ridiculously expensive.